Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio 175-Watt Bass Package
Includes JX250/1 amplifier and CS110-WXv2 sealed enclosure with one 10" subwoofer
Item # 700BPKJL1 | MFR #
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JL Audio 175-Watt Bass Package by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
All your bass in one place
Which sub do I buy? Which amp do I get? Putting a bass system together for your vehicle can be confusing, so we've eliminated the guesswork. This Crutchfield-approved bass package features JL Audio's CS110-WXv2 sub enclosure and the JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier, a great combination that will get you and your car rockin'. Just add wiring and you've got a recipe for deep, satisfying bass.
Amplify your sound
JL Audio designed the JX250/1 amplifier with sturdy, high-grade parts that ensure excellent heat management, provide high current flow, and deliver stable performance in almost any situation. The JX250/1 mono amp puts out 175 watts RMS to the CS110-WXv2 enclosure, so you'll experience plenty of full bass in your music. Use the variable low-pass filter and bass boost to tune the amp to your system. An optional remote level control lets you turn the sub up or down from the front seat. The amp includes speaker-level inputs, along with preamp inputs and outputs, so it's ready to work in virtually any system.
Play it back
JL Audio built their BassWedge CS110-WXv2 enclosure to make car-rattling bass for a reasonable price, without the need for a ton of power. The enclosure's designed for the 10" subwoofer loaded into it, so you know you'll get every ounce of performance out of this system. The BassWedge contains one 10" WXv2 subwoofer that handles up to 200 watts RMS, loaded into a specially built sealed enclosure. You'll enjoy punchy, detailed bass without taking up too much room in your vehicle's trunk or cargo area.
What's in the Box:
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier and the JL Audio CS110-WXv2 loaded subwoofer enclosure
- The JX250/1 box includes:
- Monoblock subwoofer amplifier
- 10" Speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
- The CS110-WXv2 box includes:
- Compact BassWedge sealed enclosure containing one 10" WXv2 subwoofer
JL Audio JX250/1
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional wired remote level control
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 30-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- 11-5/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
JL Audio CS110-WXv2
- sealed BassWedge enclosure with one 10" WXv2 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with dark gray carpet
- 4-ohm impedance
- power handling: 75-200 watts RMS (400 watts peak power)
- 18-3/4"W x 12-1/8"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- mono subwoofer amplifier (175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms)
Monoblock Class A/B Amplifier: The JL Audio JX250/1 is a class A/B monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (20-150 Hz) amplification of connected subwoofers.
Note: The JX250/1 is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JX series monoblock amplifiers employ a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX250/1 Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts||Channels||Frequency Response||Signal-to-Noise||THD|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V||4||175||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|3||210||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|2||250||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5V||4||130||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|3||170||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|2||210||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX250/1's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
- Width: 11-5/16"
- Height: 2-1/8"
- Depth: 7-3/4"
Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output.
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX250/1 monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
Remote Level Control: The JX250/1 is equipped with a RJ-11 connection for an optional wired Remote Level Control (136RBC1, sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 30-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 30-amps, the original should be replaced with a 30-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX250/1 features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX250/1 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX250/1 also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The JX250/1 incorporates a pass-through preamp output section, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the monoblock amplifier. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the amplifier's inputs.
Overview: The JL Audio BassWedge sealed subwoofer enclosure is designed around JL Audio's 10" WXv2 subwoofer, delivering tight, powerful bass. The MDF enclosure is covered with gray carpet and has a JL AUDIO logo embroidered across the top.
Speaker Terminal: The enclosure uses one pair of high current spring posts. The posts are located on the left side of the box and will accept pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Width: 18-3/4"
- Height: 12-1/8"
- Depth: 7-3/4"
WXv2 Woofer Features:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is a JL Audio proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the woofer's motor remains linear in motor force over a long excursion range, and maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the 10WXv2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Rear Gasket: The woofer has an integrated foam rear gasket which provides an optimal seal when installing into the enclosure.
Optional Grille: The optional SGRU-10 grille (item number 136SGR1031, sold separately) can be added to protect the woofer cone.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.