Amazon Echo Dot 3-Pack
3-pack of voice-activated virtual assistants (White)
Item # 700DOT3PW | MFR # Echo Dot 3-Pack
Out of Stock
Ship date unknown
Price separately: $149.97
Package Discount: -$30.00
$119.97 Earn up to 120 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Package Discount: -$20.01 (Limit two 3-packs per customer)
Our take on the Amazon Echo Dot 3-Pack by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Ask Alexa for a weather report while you're getting ready in the morning.
An Alexa control in every room
What can you do with this 3-pack of Amazon Echo Dots? You can use voice commands to order pizza the minute you realize your "from scratch" dinner tastes like dog food. Meanwhile, your kid can call up a favorite playlist while studying in his room, and your spouse can ask for a weather report while sitting on the screened-in porch. Once you get used to calling out "Alexa!" and asking for what you need, you'll want one in every room.
A revolution in hands-free control
The Echo Dot is a voice control for a number of other daily tasks, too. It controls Smart Home lights, switches, and thermostats from companies like Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and more. The Alexa virtual assistant app can answer questions, read audiobooks to you, and let you know the weather report. Just ask out loud, and you shall receive.
Always getting smarter
The Alexa service learns how to do new things all the time. Amazon refers to these abilities as "skills," and you can download new ones from their website any time you like. Recent skills updates have allowed users to call for a car service, order takeout food, and place online shopping orders. You can also track packages and set daily reminders. Since the Echo Dot is connected to the cloud, it learns new skills in the blink of an eye.
- each device connects to your home Wi-Fi® network
- array of seven built-in microphones in each device to pick up voice commands
- wake word "Alexa" initiates far-field voice recognition
- make voice calls and send messages for free
- built-in speaker allows Alexa to audibly respond to requests
- offers hands-free control of popular music streaming services and Smart Home devices
- microphone mute button lets you choose when Alexa is listening
- +/- buttons let you control volume manually
- built-in Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser
- Bluetooth®-enabled for easy wireless music streaming
- minijack output for connecting your own speakers or headphones
- 3-5/16" diameter x 1-5/16" high
- weight: 5.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 3 Voice-activated devices
- 3 AC power adapters
- Three 58" microUSB-to-USB cables
- Quick Start Guide
- "Things to Try" card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Voice-Activated Device: The Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker. It can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose. The Echo Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more.
Built-In Speaker: The Echo Dot features a built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers.
Analog Audio Output: A 3.5mm stereo audio output allows you to connect the Dot to your AV receiver or powered speakers. Make sure your amplified device is powered on. Audio cable is sold separately.
Note: Some AV receivers and powered speakers will go into Standby mode when they have not received an audio signal for a specific amount of time. In this case, the Echo Dot cannot turn on these amplified devices through voice activation. You will have to physically turn back on the AV receiver or powered speaker through its front- or top-panel control, remote control, or compatible app before streaming audio from the Dot to the amplified device.
Built-In WiFi (MIMO): The Amazon Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your home's WiFi network. It features Dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz), dual-antenna MIMO WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. It does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi
Alexa Voice Service: When you want to use the Echo Dot, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and the Dot lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly. Once you say "Alexa", the audio stream includes a fraction of a second of audio before the wake word, and closes once your question or request has been processed. Alexa (the brain behind Dot) is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use the Dot, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
- Wake Word: When the Amazon Echo Dot detects the "Alexa" wake word, the light ring around the top of Echo Dot turns blue to indicate that the Dot is streaming audio to the Cloud. If you'd like, you can give each Alexa device (Echo or Echo Dot) a distinct name.
- Wake-Up Sound: You can also enable a "wake-up sound", a short audible tone that plays after the wake word "Alexa" is recognized to indicate that the device is streaming audio.
- End-Of-Request Sound: You can also enable an "end-of-request sound" that will play a short audible tone at the end of your request, to indicate that the connection has closed and the device is no longer streaming audio.
Note: Alexa is developed to get better over time. Alexa uses your voice recordings and other information, including from third-party services, to answer your questions, fulfill your requests, and improve your experience and our services. When you set up the Echo or link third-party services with Alexa, Alexa begins processing some information, such as your music playlists. You can also help Alexa improve its voice services by providing feedback within History or by using Voice Training in the Alexa App.
Far-Field Voice Recognition: Tucked under its light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition, the Echo Dot can hear you ask a question from any direction - even while playing music. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word "Alexa" and the Dot responds instantly.
Note: You can turn the Amazon Echo Dot's microphone off by pushing the microphone on/off button on the top of the device. When the microphone on/off button turns red, the microphone is off. The device will not respond to the wake word, nor respond to the action button, until you reactivate the microphone by pushing the microphone on/off button again.
ESP (Echo Spatial Perception): If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Note: You cannot connect multiple Alexa devices to each other and play the same requested audio at the same time.
Alexa App: With the free Alexa App on Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.4+, Fire OS, and desktop browsers, you can easily setup (including WiFi network) and manage the Echo Dot voice-activated powered speaker. The free Amazon Alexa App is a companion to your Alexa device for setup, remote control, and enhanced features. Interactions with Alexa are automatically mirrored visually on your Amazon Alexa App, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more.
- Music Apps: Use the Alexa App to connect music services you already use like Spotify, Pandora, and iHeart Radio.
- Smart Home: Setup your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, and more.
- Books & Podcasts: See what books are available to read from your Kindle & Audible libraries, plus enjoy Podcasts.
- Shopping & Calendars: View shopping, to-do lists, and Google Calendar while on the go.
- Timers & Alarms: Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more.
- 3rd-Party Skills: The Alexa App is also where you discover and enable third-party skills.
Skills: Skills are voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of the Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa. You can search for and enable skills in the Alexa app or from the Alexa Skills store on the website. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. To use an Alexa skill, first enable the skill, and then make your request based on the example phrases shown in the app. If you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say, "Enable [skill name] skill." Some skills may require you to link to an existing account and a separate subscription in order to use the skill.
Note: At this time, you cannot customize which content is available on specific devices. For example, music, skills, shopping lists are available on all Alexa devices registered to the same account as the content.
Music Apps: The Amazon Echo Dot provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Spotify Connect. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through your Alexa device. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
Note: The Echo Dot supports Spotify Connect (requires Spotify Premium subscription), which allows you to play music on the Dot and use the Spotify app on your phone or tablet as a remote.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Amazon Echo Dot is also Bluetooth-enabled (A2DP/AVRCP) and acts as a Bluetooth receiver, transmitter, or controller. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support provides audio streaming from your mobile device to the Echo Dot, or from the Dot to a Bluetooth speaker or headphone. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) offers voice control of connected mobile devices - like your smartphone or tablet. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Hands-free phone communication (HFP) is not supported.
Smart Home: The Amazon Echo Dot works with devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, and more. Ask Alexa to switch on a lamp, turn on the fan, dim the lights, or increase the temperature. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- Lighting: With the Amazon Echo Dot and Alexa, you can control lighting products using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
- Outlets: With the Echo Dot, Alexa, and smart outlets, you can control electronics and appliances using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
- Thermostats: With the Dot, Alexa, and compatible thermostats, you can control the temperature of your home using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
- Door Locks: With the Dot and Alexa you can control compatible door locks using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
Home Entertainment Control: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including Sonos, Heos by Denon, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions of these systems by simply using voice commands.
Alexa Calling & Messaging: Now you can quickly call and send/receive voice messages for your family and friends via Alexa-all just by using your voice. You can send and receive Alexa messages, as well as place and receive Alexa calls, between Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Spot and Echo Show, as well as the Alexa App. You can place outbound calls to most phone numbers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico using the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Spot, Echo Show and Echo Plus.
- Calling: You can use supported Echo devices and the Alexa App to call another person who has registered for Alexa Calling & Messaging, or place an outbound call to most phone numbers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico for free. When you receive Alexa calls on your supported Echo devices, Alexa will tell you that you have an incoming call and identify the caller. You also will see a rotating green light ring on Echo, Echo Plus and Echo Dot devices, and an incoming call screen on Echo Show and Echo Spot. You can say "Alexa, answer" to pick up the call. Either person can end the call by saying "Alexa, hang up." When you receive a call, you also will receive a notification on your mobile phone and will see an incoming call screen in the Alexa App that lets you answer the call.
- Messaging: You can use supported Echo devices and the Alexa App to send voice and text messages to another person who has registered for Alexa Calling & Messaging. Messages are processed in the Cloud to convert voice messages to text, and vice versa. When you receive a message on a supported Echo device, you will hear an audio tone and see a visual notification. You will be able to retrieve the message on your supported Echo devices by saying "Alexa, play my messages." When you receive a message, you also will receive a notification on your mobile phone, and you will be able to view and play the message in the Alexa App. Alexa messaging does not support sending or receiving text messages to or from phone numbers.
- Drop-In: The optional Drop In feature will let you easily connect with your closest friends and family that have supported Echo devices. When someone drops in on your supported Echo device, you will hear an audio tone and see a visual indicator that someone is dropping in on you. The contact on the other side of the Drop In will automatically hear audio through your device.
- Alexa Calling & Messaging supports receiving Alexa calls only; it does not support inbound calls from phone numbers.
- You cannot call 911 and other emergency services using Alexa.
IFTTT: The Dot with Alexa supports IFTTT, or "IF This, Then That," a third-party service that automates how your devices, apps, and websites work with each other through rules (or "Applets"). After you activate an Applet through the IFFTT website, Alexa can then trigger that IFTTT Applet when you interact with the Echo Dot.
Note: Currently, the Echo Dot and Alexa can't be the action in an Applet. For example, you can't allow Alexa to notify you of new tweets on your Twitter account.
Amazon Prime Shopping: Amazon Prime members can ask the Echo Dot through "Alexa" to order eligible products ordered before, many Prime products and digital music tracks and albums. Your default payment and shipping settings will be used to place your order. You can require a speakable confirmation code, turn purchasing off, and see product and order details in your Alexa App. Just like orders placed through Amazon.com, orders placed through Alexa are subject to Amazon's Conditions of Use & Privacy Notice.
News & Information: The Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times.
Questions & Answers: The Echo Dot with Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia.
Auto Updates: Because the Amazon Echo Dot is always connected to the internet, updates are delivered automatically.
AC Power Adapter: The Amazon Echo Dot includes an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Note: The Amazon Echo Dot is not battery powered.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
They work great in the house [ George Sep 23, 2017 ]
2n d generation [ JOHN Sep 02, 2017 ]
Cheap way to have Amazon echo on all your rooms [ SAMUEL Aug 20, 2017 ]
good reviews [ Baoson Aug 09, 2017 ]
A friend recommended your website [ Arlene Jul 26, 2017 ]
Christmas gift for Employees [ Jill Jul 13, 2017 ]
we are purchasing these as gifts for an even we have coming up. we wanted something that was affordable for 250 people but also would be something they wanted. [ Whitt Jun 15, 2017 ]
based on the recommendation of your sales agent (taylor). Thanks as always for the great info. [ ALEXANDER Jun 08, 2017 ]
i want to give my family something for my birthday. Thought it would be a good gift idea to give back a little [ R Scott Jun 07, 2017 ]
add on full house integration [ SERGIO Jun 03, 2017 ]
best price and good reviews [ Debbie May 23, 2017 ]
Great reviews and awesome functionality. [ Rooshir May 21, 2017 ]
the reviews were Great [ Clay May 14, 2017 ]
Great for connecting to home audio system and for use as an alarm clock. [ Jeff Van May 13, 2017 ]
this is a gift for my niece [ Kiran Kumar May 11, 2017 ]
Christmas presents [ Sheila Aug 01, 2017 ]
want more dots [ Robert Jul 31, 2017 ]
I chose this because it was a great special. I already own one and they are very useful. [ Jeffrey J. May 22, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
Yes [ Taylor Oct 06, 2017 ]
Yes they are. [ Rooshir Oct 06, 2017 ]
Yes they were! [ Raymond Oct 06, 2017 ]
Yes they all come in different packages. [ DONALD Oct 06, 2017 ]
It doesn't say on the piece, but I believe it is. [ David DEl Jun 08, 2017 ]
Yes it is the dot 2. [ Raymond Jun 07, 2017 ]
yes generation 2 [ ED Jun 06, 2017 ]
Yes they are [ Clay Jun 06, 2017 ]
yes second generation [ ED Jun 06, 2017 ]
No ethernet connection, just wifi [ Squid Jun 06, 2017 ]
Yes, they are 2nd Generation. [ Squid Jun 06, 2017 ]
yes, that is the 2nd gen. The 1st gen was only available to the initial Alexa owner who received an invitation to purchase the 1st gen dots. [ Daniel Jun 06, 2017 ]