Harman Home Recording Bundle
Soundcraft Notepad-8FX mixer/interface, AKG P120 studio condenser mic, and JBL 305P MKII monitors
Our take on the Harman Home Recording Bundle by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Get into home recording
This convenient bundle brings together a trio of well-respected Harman audio brands. You get a versatile Soundcraft mixer that doubles as your USB audio interface, a general-purpose studio condenser mic from AKG, and a pair of newly designed JBL powered studio monitors — all for one great price.
Soundcraft Notepad-8FX mixer/interface
Soundcraft mixers have a reputation for clean sound. The small-format analog mixer in this bundle features a USB port for connecting to your Mac® or PC. You're basically getting a desktop USB audio interface that doubles as a handy mixer for small live gig setups. It's compatible with just about any DAW recording software you prefer to use. (Windows® users will need to download a driver from Soundcraft's website.)
You can plug in instruments directly for laying down tracks, including electric guitars or basses. Onboard effects include Lexicon reverb, delay, and chorus. Built-in phantom power is perfect for using the bundled AKG mic.
AKG P120 studio condenser microphone
This studio-ready mic features a durable all-metal body, which also helps shield against RF interference. It's got a cardioid pickup pattern, which means it captures the sound directly in front of it, and it rejects sound coming from the back and sides. Use it to capture clear, detailed vocal takes, acoustic guitars, and much more.
JBL 305P MkII powered studio monitors
JBL redesigned their popular studio monitor lineup to deliver even better imaging and bass response. Each 305P monitor features a 5" long-throw woofer and a 1" damped soft dome tweeter, with each driver powered by its own 41-watt amplifier. Before each monitor leaves the factory, it must pass a torture test: playing at full output for 100 hours without failure. And each is backed by a five-year warranty.
Use the right cables
Use one XLR cable to connect the included mic to the mixer/interface. And use two more XLRs to connect the mixer to the JBL monitors, one for each channel.
Soundcraft Notepad-8FX Mixer/Interface:
- two XLR/TRS mic/line/instrument inputs
- +48V phantom power
- Hi-Z switch for plugging in electric guitars and basses directly
- 1/4" TRS stereo line inputs
- stereo RCA and USB inputs
- XLR left/right main outputs
- Lexicon digital effects (reverb, chorus, delay, combinations including karaoke)
- 7-7/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 9"D
- warranty: 3 years
AKG P120 Studio Condenser Microphone:
- 2/3" diaphragm
- cardioid polar pattern
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- height: 6-1/2"; diameter: 2-1/8"
- warranty: 2 years
JBL 305P MkII Studio Monitors:
- frequency response: 49-20,000 Hz (°3dB)
- separate 41-watt Class D amplifiers for woofer and tweeter (82 watts total in each speaker)
- 5" long-throw woofer
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- peak SPL: 108 dB
- 7-5/16"W x 11-3/4"H x 9-1/8"D (each)
- weight: 10.43 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee