Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
High-performance subwoofer with external amplifier
Item # 700RC300FS | MFR # RCC300FS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Artison RCC-300-FSby Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Double the thrill with dual woofers
Artison's RCC-300-FS subwoofer isn't like most subs instead of using one woofer, it features two racetrack-shaped woofers in a special configuration for precise, efficient lows. A separate amplifier powers the subwoofer, giving you thunderous bass that makes movies, TV shows, and video games come alive in your living room.
New, patented technologies for clear sound
This sub uses Artison's "reactance canceling" technology, which places the two woofers firing toward one another, attached to a highly rigid baffle. Vibrations due to individual driver motion are canceled out, reducing distortion for clean, accurate bass. This innovative design also allows you to place this sub on the floor or even on a shelf, without worrying about vibrations disturbing your picture frames and vases.
Powerful external amplifier
The subwoofer comes with an external 300-watt amplifier that's perfectly matched to produce impressive bass performance. User-friendly front panel controls let you choose between movie and music modes, while rear-panel controls let you adjust phase and crossover settings. Take advantage of the built-in automatic room equalization function to customize bass output for your room's layout and acoustics using the included microphone.
Use Artison's RCC300-CM cabinet mount and you can hide the subwoofer inside any piece of free-standing furniture or built-in cabinetry.
- two 5" x 8" racetrack-shaped woofers output is comparable to that of one 10" woofer
- reactance cancelling technology places the woofers opposite each other to reduce sound-muddying vibrations
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- frequency response 20-160 Hz (±3dB)
- compatible with RCC300-CM cabinet mount for positioning under or beneath furniture
- satin black finish
- 9-5/8"W x 12-11/16"H x 13"D
- weight: 30 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- 300 watts RMS (500 watts peak)
- Automatic Room Equalization customizes the sound for your room and the sub's placement (mic included)
- variable 40-160 Hz crossover with adjustable slope
- front panel music and movie mode buttons
- gain control and phase adjustment
- auto on/off
- unbalanced stereo RCA and balanced XLR inputs
- speaker-level outputs
- 19"W x 2-5/8"H x 16-1/4"D (including removable rack mount)
- weight: 35 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- This Artison Package contains two individualy-boxed items: Artison RCC300-FS and Artison RCC300-SA
- RCC300-FS box includes:
- Freestanding passive subwoofer
- Metal grille
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber-feet
- Pair of white gloves
- Installation Guide
- Warranty Card
- RCC300-SA box includes:
- RCC300 Subwoofer amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- IR wireless remote control with installed CR2025 3V Lithium batter
- Setup microphone with attached 24' cable terminated by a male 2.5mm connector
- Microphone stand
- 2 Rack-mount ears
- Six M3 philips-head rack-mount ear screws
- Rack-mount spacer bar
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||5|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-160Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||40/60/80Hz|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||300|
|Frequency Response||20-160 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Artison Subwoofer/Amplifier package includes an Artison RCC300-FS free-standing passive subwoofer and an Artison RCC300-SA subwoofer amplifier. The Artison RCC300-FS is a free-standing passive subwoofer designed for shelf-mount installations or floor applications that demand the performance of a vibration free design. The Artison's RCC300-SA Subwoofer Amplifier features a 300-watt Class-D amplifier that utilizes software programming to customize your set up, giving your the ultimate in flexibility and performance. Consumer utilized controls are front panel accessible while installer functions are located on the back panel. Advanced features such as Automatic Room Equalization and Variable Low Pass Slopes make for a finished and professional installation.
Reactance Canceling Configuration (RCC): Artison's exclusive Reactance Canceling Configuration places two drivers opposing one another in phase so that the reactance force on the baskets mechanically cancel one another out and eliminate vibration and distortion found in conventional woofers. This results in zero vibration, low distortion, and extreme natural accuracy that allows the subwoofer to be used in multiple configuration (including in-cabinet, or floor)
Dual Drive Motor Assembly: The RCC300-FS's high performance drivers were developed using a patented Dual Drive Motor Assembly which provides very high efficiency and long excursion. The woofer module configuration has two drivers opposing each other. The baskets are rigidly attached to one another to allow the reactance forces generated by the cone motion to cancel. The system has an Sd (piston area) 300 cm2 (typical 10" woofer has an Sd of 220-280 cm2) and X-max of 12mm.
Drivers: The RCC300-FS is equipped with two HEMMG 5" x 8" Racetrack Woofers that can handle frequencies between 20Hz and 200Hz. Artison RCC HEMMG drivers use High-Efficiency Multiple Gap Motor assemblies to increase X-MAX (excursion) and efficiency (89dB).
Cabinet: The RCC300-FS features a BMC (Bulk Molding Compound) baffle and 3/4" acoustic suspension cabinet in a black satin finish. The cabinet also features a removable, magnetic metal grille.
Connections: The RCC300-FS features a pair of gold-plated spring-post speaker terminals and uses standard speaker wire for ease of installation.
Mounting: The RCC300-FS freestanding subwoofer comes with four rubber feet to attach to the side of your choice, so the subwoofer can be mounted horizontally or vertically (the supplied rubber feet are not removable once applied). The normal vertical orientation is the terminal subwoofer's terminal cup facing down. The rubber feet will allow clearance for the speaker wire to fit underneath. An optional cabinet mount (733RC300CM, sold separately) is available that allows any piece of furniture with legs or a kick base to be used to house the subwoofer.
Automatic Room Mode Correction: The Artison RCC300-SA Subwoofer Amplifier features Automatic Room Mode Correction (ARMC) to increase the performance of an Artison subwoofer in your room. The ARMC program is designed to send a series of tones through your connected Artison RCC300 subwoofer and then analyze the system response with the supplied microphone at the listening position. The program then reduces the level of the frequency bands that have energy peaks caused by your room's characteristics and your system's configuration. The result, is better overall bass response for your room and system. You can also bypass ARMC, which produces a flat frequency response at the subwoofer module.
Controls: The RCC300-SA Subwoofer Amplifier features front-panel and rear-panel controls.
- Power Modes: The subwoofer features 3 power modes to choose from on the rear-panel. You can select Auto, which turns the unit on automatically when an input signal is received and off 30 minutes after the signal stops; On, which keeps the unit on until it is switched off, and Trigger, which turns the unit on/off with your connected AV equipment.
- Setup Modes: The Artison subwoofer amplifier features
the following setup controls.
- EQ: You can select whether you are connecting a
free-standing or in-wall (infinite baffle or pre-built box) RCC300
- Note: In an installation of two RCC300-SMs that are being powered by the same RCC300-SA amplifier, both subwoofer modules need to be in either pre-build boxes or be in infinite baffles. You cannot connect two RCC300-SMs that are in different environments to the same RCC300-SA subwoofer amplifier.
- Phase: The phase of the subwoofer can be adjusted to fine tune the signal coincidence of the subwoofer and the lower frequencies of your loudspeakers. Adjust the phase, listening for an increase in mid-bass in the crossover region. You can select 0 or 180-degrees.
- Low Pass: The subwoofer amplifier features an adjustable low-pass crossover from 40-160Hz. The RCC300-SA comes from the factory preset at 80Hz for use with Artison LCR speakers.
- Slope: You can select either a 12dB/oct or 24 dB/oct for the slope of the low-pass filter based on the correct frequency response at the crossover point. This can be done by measurement or simply listening to your system.
- EQ: You can select whether you are connecting a free-standing or in-wall (infinite baffle or pre-built box) RCC300 subwoofer module.
- Music/Movie Mode: The Artison RCC300-SA has two simple
and conveniently placed mode settings: Music or Movie. The Music or Movie
user controls are located on the front-panel or remote control for selection
based on the source material.
- Music: This preset EQ mode should be used for music playback. The EQ settings provides a full-range of musical bass to enhance the listening experience.
- Movie: This preset EQ mode should be used for movie playback. This EQ setting adds more volume and bass to help recreate the movie theater experience.
- Gain Control: The position of the Gain Control selects the overall gain (volume) of the subwoofer. The Gain Control is found on the unit's front-panel and supplied remote control.
- Dimmer: You can control the brightness of the "Halo" lighting on the front-panel around the control buttons. There are four brightness settings.
Remote Control: The RCC300-SA comes supplied with an IR remote control to operate basic functions of the subwoofer amplifier wirelessly. The IR wireless remote control allows volume up/down, music/movie mode, and on/off control. The unit's IR eye is located on the front panel; there is a hard-wired feed through-jack that can be connected to an integrated control.
Connections: The RCC300-SA features the following rear-panel connections.
- Unbalanced RCA: The RCC300-SA subwoofer amplifier is equipped with a pair of unbalanced RCA inputs and outputs. The output allows you to daisy chain amplifiers. The audio output features an adjustable high-pass crossover (40/60/80Hz) with a 12 dB/octave slope.
- Balanced XLR: The RCC300-SA is equipped with a single balanced XLR audio input.
- Audio Outputs: The Artison subwoofer amplifier features two pair of binding-post speaker terminals so you can connect either one or two RCC300 subwoofer modules.
- IR In: The 3.5mm IR input jack allows you to connect the subwoofer amplifier to another piece of audio/video gear which has an IR output so you can control the RCC300-SA from the other component's remote control. Program codes are available at artisonusa.com.
- +12V Trigger Input: You can use this green phoenix connector to connect a 12-volt trigger wire from your other audio/video equipment so the subwoofer amplifier turns on with your connected equipment; the polarity on the connector can be either way.
Mounting: The RCC300-SA Subwoofer Amplifier can be installed into either cabinetry, on an equipment shelf, or it can be rack-mounted into a standard 19" equipment rack (using the supplied rack hardware).
Note: In any installation, be sure to provide adequate ventilation around the amplifier.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.