Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
High-performance in-wall subwoofer with separate 600-watt amplifier
Item #: 700RC600SM
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Artison RCC-600-SM by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Enjoy thunderous, room-filling bass without taking up floor space with a traditional subwoofer. The in-wall Artison RCC-600-SM is a perfect complement to an Artison in-wall home theater system. A separate amplifier powers the subwoofer, giving you big, enveloping bass from the rumble of a truck passing by to the pounding of artillery fire in a battle scene.
New, patented technologies for accurate bass reproduction
The RCC-600-SM features a truly unique design. Instead of using one woofer, it features four racetrack-shaped woofers in a special configuration for precise, efficient lows. Artison's "reactance canceling" technology places pairs of these woofers firing toward one another, attached to a highly rigid baffle. Vibrations due to individual driver motion are canceled out, reducing distortion for clean, clear bass. This innovative design also allows you to install the sub in your wall, without worrying about vibrations disturbing your picture frames and paintings.
Powerful external amplifier
The subwoofer comes with an external 600-watt amplifier that's perfectly matched to produce impressive bass performance. User-friendly front-panel controls let you choose between "movie" and "music" modes, while rear-panel controls let you adjust phase and crossover settings. Take advantage of the built-in automatic room equalization function to customize bass output for your room's layout and acoustics using the included mic.
Free installation guides from Crutchfield
When you buy in-wall or in-ceiling speakers from Crutchfield, you'll also receive copies of our in-depth speaker and wire installation guides, free of charge.
What's in the Box:
- This Artison Package contains two individualy-boxed items: Artison RCC600-SM and Artison RCC600-SA
- RCC600-SM box includes:
- In-wall passive subwoofer module
- Metal grille
- Plastic paint shield
- Cut-out template
- Installation Guide
- Warranty Card
- RCC600-SA box includes:
- RCC600 Subwoofer amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- IR wireless remote control with installed CR2025 3V Lithium batter
- Setup microphone with attached 24' cable terminated by a male 2.5mm connector
- Microphone stand
- 2 Rack-mount ears
- Six M3 philips-head rack-mount ear screws
- Rack-mount spacer bar
RCC-600-SM in-wall subwoofer:
- four 5" x 8" racetrack-shaped woofers output is comparable to that of one 13" woofer
- reactance canceling technology places pairs of woofers opposite each other to reduce sound-muddying vibrations
- frequency response 20-160 Hz (±3dB)
- cutout: 8-1/2"W x 22-1/2"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- paintable grille: 8-1/2"W x 22"H
- 9-7/16"W x 23-1/2"H
- weight: 36 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- 600 watts RMS (1000 watts peak)
- Automatic Room Equalization customizes the sound for your room and the sub's placement (microphone included)
- variable 40-160 Hz crossover with adjustable slope
- front panel music and movie mode buttons
- gain control and phase adjustment
- auto on/off
- speaker-level outputs
- 19"W x 2-5/8"H x 16-1/4"D (including removable rack mount)
- weight: 40 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||5|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-160Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||40/60/80Hz|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||600|
|Frequency Response||20-160 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Artison Subwoofer/Amplifier package includes an Artison RCC600-SM in-wall passive subwoofer and an Artison RCC600-SA subwoofer amplifier. The Artison RCC600-SM is an in-wall passive subwoofer designed for in-wall applications that demand high performance bass and a vibration free design. . The Artison's RCC600-SA Subwoofer Amplifier features a 600-watt Class-D amplifier that utilizes software programming to customize your set up, giving your the ultimate in flexibility and performance. Consumer utilized controls are front panel accessible while installer functions are located on the back panel. Advanced features such as Automatic Room Equalization and Variable Low Pass Slopes make for a finished and professional installation.
Reactance Canceling Configuration (RCC): Artison's exclusive Reactance Canceling Configuration places two drivers opposing one another in phase so that the reactance force on the baskets mechanically cancel one another out and eliminate vibration and distortion found in conventional woofers. This results in zero vibration, low distortion, and extreme natural accuracy which allows the subwoofer to sound great inside your wall.
Dual Drive Motor Assembly: The RCC600-SM's high performance drivers were developed using a patented Dual Drive Motor Assembly which provides very high efficiency and long excursion. The woofer module configuration has two pairs of drivers opposing each other. The baskets are rigidly attached to one another to allow the reactance forces generated by the cone motion to cancel. The system has an Sd (piston area) 600 cm2 (typical 12" woofer has an Sd of 420-480 cm2) and X-max of 12mm.
Drivers: The RCC600-SM is equipped with four HEMMG 5" x 8" Racetrack Woofers that can handle frequencies between 20Hz and 200Hz. Artison RCC HEMMG drivers use High-Efficiency Multiple Gap Motor assemblies to increase X-MAX (excursion) and efficiency (92dB).
Cabinet: The RCC600-SM features a BMC (Bulk Molding Compound) baffle and 3/4" MDF acoustic suspension cabinet in a white satin finish. BMC is well damped and has the rigidity of stainless steel. The cabinet also features a removable, magnetic metal grille. Both the cabinet can grille can be painted to match your decor (plastic paint shield supplied).
Connections: The RCC600-SM features a pair of gold-plated spring-post speaker terminals and uses standard speaker wire for ease of installation.
Mounting: The RCC600-SM features six integrated dog-leg clamps and comes supplied with a cut-out template for mounting purposes. The RCC600-SM in-wall subwoofer module can be installed into either an:
- Artison Pre-Build Box (733RC600PB, sold separately)
- Infinite Baffle (2x4 stud wall, 16" on-center spacing, at least 8 feet tall, volume = 2.8 ft3
Note: The minimum mounting depth for the RCC600-SM is 3-3/4". The maximum drywall thickness the RCC600-SM can be mounted in is 1.3125". The in-wall subwoofer requires a cut-out of 8.149" (207mm) wide x 22.440" (570mm) tall.
Automatic Room Mode Correction: The Artison RCC600-SA Subwoofer Amplifier features Automatic Room Mode Correction (ARMC) to increase the performance of an Artison subwoofer in your room. The ARMC program is designed to send a series of tones through your connected Artison RCC600 subwoofer and then analyze the system response at the supplied microphone position. The program then reduces the level of the frequency bands that have energy peaks caused by your room's characteristics and your system's configuration. The result, is better overall bass response for your room and system. You can also bypass ARMC, which produces a flat frequency response at the subwoofer module.
Controls: The RCC600-SA Subwoofer Amplifier features front-panel and rear-panel controls.
- Power Modes: The subwoofer features 3 power modes to choose from on the rear-panel. You can select Auto, which turns the unit on automatically when an input signal is received and off 30 minutes after the signal stops; On, which keeps the unit on until it is switched off, and Trigger, which turns the unit on/off with your connected AV equipment.
- Setup Modes: The Artison subwoofer amplifier features
the following setup controls.
- EQ: You can select whether you are connecting a
free-standing or in-wall (infinite baffle or pre-built box) RCC600
- Note: In an installation of two RCC600-SMs that are being powered by the same RCC600-SA amplifier, both subwoofer modules need to be in either pre-build boxes or be in infinite baffles. You cannot connect two RCC600-SMs that are in different environments to the same RCC600-SA subwoofer amplifier.
- Phase: The phase of the subwoofer can be adjusted to fine tune the signal coincidence of the subwoofer and the lower frequencies of your loudspeakers. Adjust the phase, listening for an increase in mid-bass in the crossover region. You can select 0 or 180-degrees.
- Low Pass: The subwoofer amplifier features an adjustable low-pass crossover from 40-160Hz. The RCC600-SA comes from the factory preset at 80Hz for use with Artison LCR speakers.
- Slope: You can select either a 12dB/oct or 24 dB/oct for the slope of the low-pass filter based on the correct frequency response at the crossover point. This can be done by measurement or simply listening to your system.
- EQ: You can select whether you are connecting a free-standing or in-wall (infinite baffle or pre-built box) RCC600 subwoofer module.
- Music/Movie Mode: The Artison RCC600-SA has two simple
and conveniently placed mode settings: Music or Movie. The Music or Movie
user controls are located on the front-panel or remote control for selection
based on the source material.
- Music: This preset EQ mode should be used for music playback. The EQ settings provides a full-range of musical bass to enhance the listening experience.
- Movie: This preset EQ mode should be used for movie playback. This EQ setting adds more volume and bass to help recreate the movie theater experience.
- Gain Control: The position of the Gain Control selects the overall gain (volume) of the subwoofer. The Gain Control is found on the unit's front-panel and supplied remote control.
- Dimmer: You can control the brightness of the "Halo" lighting on the front-panel around the control buttons. There are four brightness settings.
Remote Control: The RCC600-SA comes supplied with an IR remote control to operate basic functions of the subwoofer amplifier wirelessly. The IR wireless remote control allows volume up/down, music/movie mode, and on/off control. The unit's IR eye is located on the front panel; there is a hard-wired feed through-jack that can be connected to an integrated control.
Connections: The RCC600-SA features the following rear-panel connections.
- Unbalanced RCA: The RCC600-SA subwoofer amplifier is equipped with a pair of unbalanced RCA inputs and outputs. The output allows you to daisy chain amplifiers. The audio output features an adjustable high-pass crossover (40/60/80Hz) with a 12 dB/octave slope.
- Balanced XLR: The RCC600-SA is equipped with a single balanced XLR audio input.
- Audio Outputs: The Artison subwoofer amplifier features two pair of binding-post speaker terminals so you can connect either one or two RCC600 subwoofer modules.
- IR In: The 3.5mm IR input jack allows you to connect the subwoofer amplifier to another piece of audio/video gear which has an IR output so you can control the RCC600-SA from the other component's remote control. Program codes are available at artisonusa.com.
- +12V Trigger Input: You can use this green phoenix connector to connect a 12-volt trigger wire from your other audio/video equipment so the subwoofer amplifier turns on with your connected equipment; the polarity on the connector can be either way.
Mounting: The RCC600-SA Subwoofer Amplifier can be installed into either cabinetry, on an equipment shelf, or it can be rack-mounted into a standard 19" equipment rack (using the supplied rack hardware).
Note: In any installation, be sure to provide adequate ventilation around the amplifier.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.