Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector Bundle
LSPX-P1 projector and matching LSPX-PS1 floor stand
From Sony: How to watch TV Shows & Movies with LSPX-P1
From Sony: Unboxing LSPX-P1 Ultra Short Throw Projector
Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector Bundle - Close-up view of floor stand showing built-in charging station
Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector Bundle - You can wirelessly cast photos and videos from your phone or table
Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector Bundle - Connect an HDMI source like a Blu-ray player to the wireless HDMI hub to watch movies
Our take on the Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector Bundle by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
This bundle combines Sony's LSPX-P1 projector with the matching LSPX-PS1 floor stand.
Movies anytime, anywhere
Sony's LSPX-P1 is one of the coolest products we've seen in a while. It's a compact, portable, short-throw video projector. Turn any wall into a big screen and project movies, videos, and photos. Image sizes range from 22 to 80 inches — bigger than most TVs.
Built-in Wi-Fi® lets you cast videos from your Android™ phone or tablet. Or plug your computer or Blu-ray player into the wireless HDMI unit to watch movies. The LSPX-P1 even has a pair of built-in speakers. It has “party machine” written all over it.
At home, just plug the projector into any wall outlet. And for portable use, the built-in battery goes for up to two hours without plugging in.
This bundle includes Sony's matching LSPX-PS1 floor stand, which lets you project your favorite images at a comfortable eye level, while simultaneously charging the projector.
Images big or small
When you're throwing the image onto a wall, like for watching a movie, you adjust the size by moving the projector nearer or further back. The Ultra Short Throw design makes it just about impossible for anyone to walk in front of the projector and block the picture.
The Ultra Short Throw lens also makes it easy to project a 22" image right onto a floor or table. This is a great way to share photos and videos on your phone with friends and family. When we caught a recent demo here at Crutchfield, the LSPX-P1 looked great projecting downward onto a white paper sketchpad, which makes a convenient portable screen.
Blend your content with your space
The LSPX-P1 comes with some interesting pre-installed content options, including Clock, Window, and Ambient Photo with Music. You can also create your own slideshow of favorite photos and videos. In addition to the content from your phone, this projector can also receive signals via Wi-Fi® from the supplied wireless HDMI hub. Simply plug in an HDMI device like a Blu-ray player, cable box, laptop, etc., and watch your favorite show anywhere in the house.
- portable high-definition projector
- projection picture size: 22" to 80"
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- 1 SXRD™ panel with 720p resolution (1366 x 768 pixels)
- laser diode light source delivers crisp image quality
- light output: 100 lumens
- contrast ratio: 4000:1
- dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi® provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- cast content wirelessly to the projector from any Miracast™ enabled phone or tablet
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android™ let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
Connections (on wireless HDMI unit):
- 1 HDMI input
- 1 HDMI output
- minijack connector for IR blaster
- built-in rechargeable battery with 2-hr. capacity
- projector's perforated metal body is designed for cooling efficiency and low fan noise
- two built-in 1" bass-reflex speakers
- includes AC power adapter
- 3-1/4"W x 5-1/4"H x 5-1/4"D
- weight: 2.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Note: projectors don't include any type of built-in TV tuner, but you can connect a high-def over-the-air tuner, satellite receiver or cable box
LSPX-PS1 Floor Stand:
- adjustable tilt and swivel to achieve the perfect viewing angle
- steel construction provides sturdy support
- lock lever makes it easy to mount the projector securely
- built-in charging station for use with the projector's AC power adapter
- 7-15/16"W x 34-9/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight 2.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Sony LSPX-P1:
- Portable ultra short throw projector
- Wireless module
- 19.5V AC power adapter (attached 5.5' DC cord)
- 5V AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- Two 41" AC power cords
- 58" IR blaster
- Startup Guide
- Reference Guide
- Warranty Information
- Sony LSPX-PS1:
- Upper post w/ connector plate
- Middle post
- Lower post
- Wall strap
- Wall strap screw
- Operating Instructions
- "Caution/Attention" note
- Warranty Card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector The Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector's compact design makes it easy to pick up and go wherever you like. The system consists of a ultra short throw projector and a wireless HDMI module. In addition to a wall, the projector can project photos and movies onto a table or floor.
Note: The projector and wireless unit have already been paired at the time of purchase. When the pairing is removed such as after maintenance, you will need to pair them again.
SXRD Technology: The Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector's newly developed SXRD (Silcon X-tal Reflective Display) panel delivers a 4,000:1 contrast ratio and 720p (1366 x 768 pixels) image resolution, for great picture quality from a compact design.
Light Source & Output: The Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector utilizes a Laser Diode as its light source which outputs 100 lumens.
Ultra Short Throw Lens: Place the Sony LSPX-P1 by the wall, or on the floor or table to project images from 22" (56cm) to 80" (203cm), thanks to its Ultra Short Throw lens. The projected image size varies according to the distance from the wall, table, or floor.
- 0" (0cm) = 22"
- 0.375" (9cm) = 40"
- 7.5" (19cm) = 60"
- 11.0625" (28cm) = 80"
Note: When the projector is lifted up and moved, the projection light is dimmed to prevent it entering the eye.
Built-in WiFi: The Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector features built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) with MIMO (Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) compatibility. Plus, with WiFi Direct you can directly connect the Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector and a smartphone or tablet without using an access point (wireless router).
Apple iOS & Android App: Use the Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector application (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) to projector your favorite content onto walls, tables, or any other similar surface from the Sony LSPX-P1. This app also enables you to control the projector wirelessly and to project a clock, weather information, or your favorite images and videos.
- Remote Control: The app allows you to use your compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control to change the volume of the built-in speakers and adjust the projector's focus.
- Poster Mode: The app's unique Poster Mode lets you project your favorite content as a poster. Project pre-installed posters, including various clocks and weather information for your current location.
- Photos & Videos: Project a photo slideshow to match your mood, or project your favorite TV shows and movies from your smartphone or tablet.
- IFTTT: Additionally, you can use IFTTT to add and update images automatically or display photos from your social networking sites.
Note: When you have two or more projectors, you can register additional projectors and select the device to be operated.
Miracast: When your Android (OS 4.2+) smartphone or tablet supports Miracast, you can directly project the device's screen on a wall, floor, or table. No access point or wireless router connection is needed. Apple iOS devices do not support Miracast.
HDMI Input/Output: The included wireless module is outfitted with an HDMI input and output that will support 480p, 720p, and 1080p video. The HDMI input allows you to connect your Blu-ray player, Satellite Receiver/Cable box, or Apple TV. The HDMI output lets you connect to your TV or AV receiver.
Compatible Video & Photo Formats: The Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector supports the following video & picture formats.
- Videos/Movies: MPEG-2, H.264, MP4G-4, H.263
- Photos/Picture: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Image Adjustments: From the Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector app (for Apple iOS & Android), you can select from 3 Picture Presets and 2 Custom Presets. Preset is suited for projecting onto a white wall, table, or floor. Preset 2 or 3 is suited for projecting onto a yellowish wall, table, or floor. The two Custom Presets let you manually adjust and save Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, and White Balance levels. In addition, the LSPX-P1 offers Keystone Correction & Image Rotation.
IR Blaster: By connecting the LSPX-P1's wireless module and an HDMI source device with the included IR Blaster, you can operate the HDMI device by aiming its remote control at the Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector. This is useful when the projector and HDMI device are placed at distant locations.
Built-in Speakers: Built-in speakers and volume enhancing technologies ensure that you can always hear your TV show, movie, or video's soundtrack. There are two 0.98" Bass Reflex Speakers that deliver powerful low frequencies. Sony's xLOUD technology lets you turn up the volume without any loss of quality.
High Quality Parts: The projector is made from the highest quality materials for a premium finish that's easy to clean, and looks great in any space. A perforated body helps the projector stay cool, for low fan noise and longer product life.
Power Requirements: The projector's built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 2 hours of playback. You an reach full charge in about 4 hours. The included AC power adapter can be used to power the projector, as well as charge the built-in battery. The wireless module is powered by an external AC power adapter (it is not battery powered).
Auto On/Standby Modes: The Sony LSPX-P1 Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector offers a variety of Auto On & Standby modes.
- Poster Mode Standby: When the projector is in poster mode and not operated for more than 20 minutes in a dark room, it enters standby status and the projection screen is dimmed.
- Auto On/Off Timer: At the specified time, the projector resumes from standby status and projects the image. At the specified time, the projector enters standby status and dims the projection screen.
- Smartphone Detection: When the projector detects the smartphone, it resumes from standby status and projects the image. When the projector detects that the smartphone has moved away, it enters standby status and dims the projection screen.
Firmware/Software Updates: The firmware & software of the projector and the wireless module can be updated wirelessly over WiFi via the Internet.
Floor Stand: The included Floor Stand (LSPX-PS1) is designed specifically for this Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector. The LSPX-PS1 Floor Stand features an integrated charging station for the Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector (the Portable Ultra Short Throw Projector's AC power adapter is required). The Floor Stand allows you to swivel and tilt the mounted projector for the perfect viewing angle.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector Bundle
LSPX-P1 projector and matching LSPX-PS1 floor stand$1,199.98
Epson Home Cinema 1060
3-LCD 1080p high-definition projector (2017 model)
Epson Home Cinema 2150
3-LCD 1080p high-definition projector with Wi-Fi® (2017 model)
Portable Ultra Short Throw 720p laser projector (2017 model)