Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Velbon Sherpa+ 630 Tripod and FHD61QN Video Head
Lightweight tripod with video-optimized fluid head
Item # 700TPOD630 | MFR #
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Velbon Sherpa+ 630 Tripod and FHD61QN Video Headby Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
When speed counts, you'll be happy you have this Velbon Sherpa+ 630 tripod and FHD61QN video head as part of your kit. First, its lightweight aluminum/magnesium construction means it's a pleasure to carry. But it's full of thought-out touches that will increase your efficiency. The center column has a super-fast quick-release lever with a safety lock, so you can adjust your height in seconds. And the '630 has a bit more vertical range than its cousin, the Sherpa+ 530. The foam-padded leg grips help you to readjust the unit while keeping a tight hold on your pivot legs. The legs themselves individually lock at 3 different positions for loads of flexibility in selecting shooting angles.
The Sherpa+ 630 leg set is suitable for a range of Velbon heads, including the supplied FHD61QN video tripod head. The fluid head included with this combo will provide you with the smooth control necessary for professional-looking camera moves. The included quick-release plate lets you mount a camcorder that weighs up to 8.8 pounds.
- maximum height: 64" with center column fully extended
- minimum height: 4-3/4"
- supports cameras and camcorders weighing up to 8.8 lbs.
- three-position legs help you steady the tripod on uneven ground
- quick-release lever with safety lock on the center column helps you adjust height on the fly
- magnesium/aluminum composite construction
- foam-padded leg grips for comfortable, secure grip
- detachable 2-section center column makes it easy to set up for low angles
- included FHD61QN fluid head ensures smooth professional looking camera moves for video
- height: 4-3/16", weight: 2.01 lbs.
- on-board bubble level
- standard 1/4" tripod socket
- folded: 22-1/16" (legs only)
- weight: 3.68 lbs. (legs only)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee