Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pioneer iPhone® 5 VGA Connection Package
Access your iPhone 5's video content and apps through your Pioneer navigation receiver
Our take on the Pioneer iPhone® 5 VGA Connection Packageby Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Get the most out of your iPhone 5 through your Pioneer navigation receiver
This connection package from Pioneer lets you take full advantage of your iPhone 5 on the road. This package contains the three connections needed to deliver video (while parked) and apps to Pioneer's AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X940BT, and AVIC-Z940BH receivers via their 17-pin inputs:
With these cables in place, you'll be able to access and control select iPhone 5 apps through the Pioneer receiver's AppRadio Mode. You'll also be able to play and control the music and videos you've stored on your iPhone 5 from the receiver's touchscreen.
Note: A firmware update from Pioneer may be required for your receiver (available at no charge — see Pioneer's website for details).
- package includes Apple Lightning to VGA adapter, Apple Lightning to USB cable, and Pioneer CD-IV202NAVI VGA interface kit
Apple Lightning to VGA adapter:
- display photos, apps, movies, and more
- connects the iPhone 5 to select Pioneer receivers via a VGA interface
- warranty: 1 year
Apple Lightning to USB cable:
- provides charging and audio transfer
- connects the iPhone 5 to select Pioneer receivers via USB
- warranty: 1 year
- provides a VGA connection between select Pioneer navigation receivers and the iPhone 5
- includes interface module with VGA and USB connections, plus a proprietary 17-pin connector cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Pioneer VGA/USB interface module (w/ attached 5' VGA cable)
- 5' RGB-to-USB cable
- Power/Ground harness
- 44" Spiral cord wrapper
- Apple iPod/iPhone Lightning to VGA adapter (male 8-pin Lightning connector on one end and a female 8-pin Lighnting connector + female VGA connector on other end)
- 41" Apple lightning-to-USB cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a male Apple lightning connector on other end)
- Owner's Manual
- Apple One Year Limited Warranty booklet
- Certification/Compliance information
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||A/V + Control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
iPhone 5 VGA Package (for Pioneer NAV): When used with a compatible Pioneer in-dash navigation receiver, the 700VGANAV VGA-to-iPhone 5 Pioneer AppRadio Package enables iPhone 5 users to access and control select iPhone 5 apps via AppRadio Mode (formerly known as Advanced App Mode) as well as play and control music and videos stored on the iPhone 5 from the receiver's touchscreen display.
How It Works: Video travels from the iPhone 5 to the compatible Pioneer receiver via the VGA connector, while the USB connector charges the Apple device. Audio and control is done via the Pioneer receiver's built-in Bluetooth.
Compatibility: The 700VGANAV VGA-to-iPhone 5 Pioneer AppRadio Package is compatible with the following Pioneer in-dash navigation head units (as of 5/9/2013).
Contents: The 700VGANAV VGA-to-iPhone 5 Pioneer AppRadio Package includes the following three products.
Firmware Update: To complete compatibility between AppRadio Mode and the iPhone 5, a firmware update from Pioneer's website is required for your compatible Pioneer head unit.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.