Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Klipsch HD Theater 300
Home theater speaker system
Item # 714HDT300 | MFR # HD Theater 300
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Klipsch HD Theater 300 by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Enhance your high-definition TV viewing experience with Klipsch's HD Theater 300. Perfect for a bedroom or cozy living room, this clean-looking system adds distinctive, engaging sound to your movies and music. Its five satellite speakers create convincing surround effects, while the subwoofer gives you punchy, powerful bass.
Dynamic, room-filling sound
These speakers boast some of the same technologies as larger Klipsch models to create lifelike sound. Crisp highs come courtesy of tweeters coupled with Klipsch's efficient horn design flared openings in each enclosure project high frequencies toward your listening area and prevent sound from spilling out in all directions. The subwoofer teams an 80-watt amplifier with a 6-1/2" woofer to flesh out the sound with full-bodied bass. It also includes traditional volume, crossover, and phase controls, so you can customize the level of bass for your room.
Flexible placement options
You can easily tuck the satellites on shelves or bookcases without giving up much space. Or for a more sophisticated look, wall-mount them either vertically or horizontally using the included brackets, which have a 40° range of motion to help you direct the sound towards your listening area. You can also position the satellites on optional speaker stands using the threaded inserts. The center channel includes a cradle base with a 45° range of motion for placement on your entertainment stand.
These speakers sound great with movies and music only used them a couple of days. I have them hooked to a Yamaha rx-v471 (a great av receiver)
Lee, Grenada, MS
What's in the Box:
- 4 Matching satin-black satellite speakers
- Satin-black center-channel speaker
- Powered subwoofer (Sub 6)
- 5 Cloth grilles (unattached)
- Center-channel stand
- 5 Mounting brackets
- 5 Mounting bolts
- 2 Sheets of self-adhesive rubber pads
- Owner's Manual
- includes 4 satellite speakers, 1 center channel speaker, and 1 subwoofer
- 8-ohm compatible
- maximum acoustic output: 110 dB
- satin black finish
- spring clip connectors
Satellite and center channel speakers:
- center channel video-shielded to prevent magnetic distortion on tube TVs
- acoustic suspension design
- frequency response: 150-20,000 Hz
- 3/4" horn-loaded tweeter (each)
- 2-1/2" woofer (each)
- each handles up to 100 watts
- mounting brackets and threaded inserts for wall-mounting the satellites
- center channel cradle included
- satellites: 3-5/8"W x 5-9/16"H x 4-1/8"D
- center channel: 7-5/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 4-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- bass reflex (ported) design
- frequency response: 40-200 Hz
- 80-watt RMS amplifier
- 6-1/2" down-firing woofer
- variable low-pass filter: 80-160 Hz
- black vinyl finish
- 9-15/16"W x 13"H x 16-3/8"D
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Klipsch HD Theater 300 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Tweeter||Dome loaded horn|
|Midrange size (inches)||---|
|Woofer size (inches)||2-1/2|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||80|
|Main Speakers (inches)||5-9/16H x 3-5/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||3-5/8H x 7-5/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||5-9/16H x 3-5/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||13H x 9-15/16W x 16-3/8D|
Overview: The Klipsch HD Theater 300 is a compact 5.1ch Home Theater Speaker System which consists of four matching satellite speakers (identical main and surround speakers), a center-channel speaker, and a single 6.5" powered subwoofer which provides powerful deep driving bass. This home theater speaker system is simple to set up and use. It consists of left and right main channel speakers for superior stereo sound, a center channel speaker for precise dialogue, left and right rear speakers for lifelike surround sound, and a subwoofer for deep bass effect. The Klipsch HD Theater 300 has a frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz. The speaker systems clean, modern design looks great in almost any room. The system's satellite speakers can be mounted vertically or horizontally.
4 Matching Satellite Speakers: All four satellite speakers in this home theater system are identical, creating a seamless blend of sound and style. Inside each modern, satin-black ABS enclosure, you will find durable, high-quality components that will provide superior performances for years to come.
Drivers: Each speaker features a 0.75" textile dome-tweeter coupled to a MicroTractrix Horn and one 2.5" IMG cone woofer housed in an acoustic suspension enclosure. The satellites have a frequency response of 150Hz to 20kHz.
MicroTractrix Horn Technology: The MicroTractrix Horn technology, an exclusive design of Klipsch, allows the HD Theater 300 to deliver genuine lifelike sound and produce more output, using less energy. In other words, it does not require a lot of amplifier power to drive it.
Speaker Terminals: The satellite speakers are equipped with spring clips terminals on the rear-panel of the cabinet that will accept up to 15 AWG wire.
Mounting: Each speaker can be positioned vertically or horizontally next to your HDTV or other type of flat-panel. The satellite speakers can be placed securely on a stand or shelf using the supplied self-adhesive rubber pads or wall-mounted via its rear-panel 1/4"-20 treaded insert using the included wall-mount bracket or an optional wall bracket (sold separately). The included bracket allows the speakers to swivel left/right (40-degrees) when mounted horizontally and tilt up/down (40-degrees) when mounted vertically.
Enclosure: The center-channel features the same ABS plastic cabinet and satin-black finish as the satellite speakers but is slightly larger.
Drivers: The center-channel speaker also features a 0.75" textile dome-tweeter coupled to a MicroTractrix Horn and one 2.5" IMG cone woofer housed in an acoustic suspension enclosure. The center-channel has a frequency response of 150Hz to 20kHz.
MicroTractrix Horn Technology: The MicroTractrix Horn technology, an exclusive design of Klipsch, allows the HD Theater 300 to deliver genuine lifelike sound and produce more output, using less energy.
Speaker Terminals: The center speaker is equipped with spring clips terminals on the rear-panel of the cabinet that will accept up to 15 AWG wire.
Magnetically Shielded: The center-channel is magnetically shielded, so it will not interfere with your TV picture and can be positioned vertically or horizontally next to your HDTV or other type of flat-panel.
Mounting: The center speaker can be placed securely on a stand or shelf using the supplied self-adhesive rubber pads or supplied cradle. The supplied cradle allows the center-channel a 45-degree range of motion (up/down). The center speaker can also be wall-mounted via its rear-panel 1/4"-20 treaded insert using the included wall-mount bracket or an optional wall bracket (sold separately). The included bracket allows the speaker to swivel left/right (40-degrees) when mounted horizontally and tilt up/down (40-degrees) when mounted vertically.
Powered Subwoofer: This home theater system's subwoofer delivers deep, low-end bass thanks to a powerful 80-watt RMS digital hybrid subwoofer amplifier and a down-firing 6.5" fiber-composite woofer cone with rubber surround loaded in a bass-reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port. The powered subwoofer has a frequency response of 40Hz to 200Hz. The Klipsch powered subwoofer's enclosure features a sleek black pica vinyl finish wrapped MDF cabinet. This powered subwoofer includes volume, crossover and phase controls, so you can customize the level of bass for your room. The powered subwoofer features line-level (RCA) and high-level (speaker) connections.
Controls: The following controls are found on the back-panel of the powered subwoofer.
- Auto/On/Off: When this switch is in the "Auto" position, the subwoofer will automatically turn "on" when it senses a signal. It will automatically turn "off" after 20 minutes with no signal. When this switch is in the "ON" position, the subwoofer will remain on. The powered subwoofer is turned off when this switch is in the "OFF" position.
- Power LED Indicator: Located on the rear amplifier panel, this LED indicates the operating status of the built-in amplifier. The LED will light red when the amplifier is in standby mode and green when the amplifier is on and receiving a signal.
- Level: This control serves as a volume control for the powered subwoofer. It is used to match the output level of the subwoofer to the system's speakers. The volume control on your system's main amplifier or pre-amplifier will be the overall volume control for the powered subwoofer and satellite speakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The powered subwoofer's built-in low-pass crossover allows you to select the upper-frequency cutoff of the subwoofer. The frequency is selectable from 80-160Hz. Frequencies above the control's setting are filtered out, allowing you to blend the subwoofer's output with that of the system's speakers.
- Phase: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to the system's speakers. Select the position, either 0° or 180°, in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
Connections: The following connections are found on the rear-panel of the powered subwoofer.
- Line-In: This stereo RCA input is designed as the standard or default input for the subwoofer. It accepts signals from the Left and Right channel pre-amp, subwoofer or LFE outputs of your AV receiver via the RCA jack inputs.
- High Level-In: The powered subwoofer can alternately be connected to the main channel speaker outputs of your AV receiver via the speaker level connectors (spring terminals) on the subwoofer's rear panel, using 16-gauge or larger speaker wire.
Speaker Placement: Speaker placement can be critical in the performance of any home theater speaker system. Follow these guidelines to get the most out of the Klipsch HD Theater 300.
- Front Speakers: For optimum performance, place the front satellite speakers equal distance apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging.
- Center Speaker: This center speaker is designed to place dialogue and primary sounds into the room so they seem to come from the video screen. The center channel should, therefore, be placed as closely as possible to the screen; preferably directly above or below the screen.
- Surround Speakers: Two satellites are used as surround speakers. These create the sense of space and ambience that today's surround sound technologies provide. Surround speakers can be placed adjacent to, or behind, the listening position.
- Powered Subwoofer: The Klipsch Powered Subwoofer is designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that make your movies and music come alive. Typically optimum performance will result if you place the subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Corner placement will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.