Metal enclosure for Klipsch Reference Series in-ceiling speakers with 8" woofers
Our take on the Klipsch ME-800-C by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Enjoy better sound from your Klipsch 8" Reference Series in-ceiling speakers while protecting them at the same time with Klipsch's ME-800-C speaker enclosure. Constructed from high-grade cold-rolled steel and filled with a layer of insulation, this sturdy enclosure installs behind each speaker in your system to prevent sound from bleeding through walls. Plus, its optimized enclosure volume provides consistent acoustic performance for clear, crisp sound regardless of construction variations.
- metal back-box enclosure for in-ceiling speakers with 8-inch woofers
- manufactured from high-grade cold-rolled steel and features a layer of insulation
- reduces sound leaking into adjoining rooms
- optimized enclosure volume provides consistent acoustic performance regardless of construction variations
- exceeds one-hour fire-rating requirements and meets UL2043 requirements for installation in plenum spaces
- tested to meet UL 263, ASTM E119-98, NFPA 251, UBC 7-1, and ULC CAN/ULC-S101 - M89 standards
- fits 16" or 24" stud spans
- includes hardware needed for any installation application and provisions for standard conduit connections
- pre-drilled holes simplify installation and ensure that all safety requirements are met
- speaker cut-out diameter: 9.8"
- overall dimensions: 18"W x 17-3/4"H x 5"D
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Metal in-wall speaker enclosure
- Insulation (installed inside of enclosure)
- Installation Wire-clamp
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
In-Ceiling Metal Speaker Enclosure: The ME-800-C in-ceiling metal speaker enclosure allows you and residential contractors to meet building codes as well as diminish the undesirable transfer of sound from one room to the other. Its optimized enclosure volume provides consistent acoustic performance regardless of construction variations. While the insulation exceeds fire requirements, it also reduces the sound transmission into adjacent spaces by at least 10dB.
Compatibility: The ME-800-C metal enclosure is designed to fit all Reference Series in-ceiling speakers with 8" woofers. The inside edge of the ME-800-C's mounting ring is color coded to match up with the corresponding Klipsch installation kit size code.
Quality Construction: The ME-800-C is manufactured from high-grade cold-rolled steel and features a layer of insulation. It exceeds the one-hour fire-rating requirements and is designed to meet UL2043 requirements for installation in plenum spaces. This metal device has also been tested to meet UL 263, ASTM E119-98, NFPA 251, UBC 7-1 and ULC CAN/ULC-S101 - M89 standards.
Installation: The ME-800-C fits 16" stud spans and offers provisions for standard conduit connections. Pre-drilled holes simplify the installation process and ensure that all safety requirements are met. Mounting screws not included (sold separately).
- Overall: 17.5" (w) x 18" (h) x 5.75" (d)
- Cutout: 13.3125" (w) x 16.8125" (h) x 5.25" (d)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 15.1875" - 16.6875" (w) x 11" (h)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Retrofit surround sound into an attic with blown-in insulation. These will keep the stuff out and help keep the sound clean. [ David P. Mar 23, 2018 ]
New home build. Planning on an Atmos setup using Klipsch CDT-5800-C II speakers. [ Jeffrey May 20, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
This isn't meant for a sub. Subs have other enclosure for in wall use and are larger. [ Hyun Apr 07, 2018 ]
The 9.8 in opening is large enough for most 8 inch, in-wall/ceiling speakers (I'm not using a Klipsch 8 in speaker, but it fits). It shouldn't be a bare speaker because it needs to press against the ceiling/wall to seal the space; the box has a small lip (green) that is inserted into the ceiling/wall hole. The box is about 17 in x 13 in x 5 in high, so it's about 2/3 of a cubic foot. While the base is nearly square, the box is not - there are holes in the base to attach to the ceiling/wall studs. The diagrams from Crutchfield and Klipsch show the true dimensions and shape (the inch values are correct, but there are errors in the metric measurements from Klipsch). [ David P. Apr 07, 2018 ]
You need to read the manual or specs for the enclosure to get the width of the cut out and the height of the enclosure. The Klipsch CDT-5800-C II, which is an 8 inch woofer, fits perfectly. It's the exact combinatin and they sound great. I looked at a lot of different ceiling speakers from definitive to martin logan and they didn't seem like they would fit. Either two small or two big. [ eric Apr 07, 2018 ]
Any any round 8" in wall speaker should fit. Subs have a different enclosure. It's about 15x16x5 not including the lip around the enclosure. [ Hyun Apr 07, 2018 ]
Any woofer can be installed. The volume is 0.6 cubic feet. [ ROBERT Apr 07, 2018 ]