Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Klipsch Reference RB-600
Item # 714RB600B | MFR # 1015114
This item is no longer available.
Newer model available
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-160M
Our take on the Klipsch Reference RB-600 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
High-impact bookshelf speakers
The Klipsch RB-600 is sure to please music and movie lovers alike with its combination of solid construction and powerful performance. From complex music passages to the demanding soundtrack of an action movie, this Special Limited Reference Edition series speaker delivers exceptionally clear and powerful sound.
Horn technology for dynamic performance
The RB-600 uses a horn-loaded tweeter. A flared opening in the enclosure projects high frequencies toward your listening area and prevents sound waves from simply spilling out in all directions. This horn design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
The RB-600's Cerametallic™ woofer dishes out smooth midrange and articulate, well-defined bass. Klipsch makes its cone out of specially treated aluminum that's strong yet lightweight to dampen and prevent distortion. A rigid cabinet with resonance-fighting internal bracing houses both the woofer and the tweeter. It all adds up to remarkably accurate reproduction of all your music and movies.
Build a complete Klipsch system
You can build a great stereo system using the RB-600s and a subwoofer, or team them with other Klipsch Special Limited Reference Edition speakers for high-impact home theater.
My first experience with Klipsch. I feel fortunate to have been able to obtain these speakers through the Outlet Store and find it difficult to believe that the RB600 replacement could be better.
Dave N., Pennsylvania
What's in the Box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Detachable magnetic grilles (attached)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
- frequency response: 45-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium tweeter
- 6-1/2" Cerametallic cone woofer
- bass-reflex design with front-firing port for greater placement flexibility
- black ash woodgrain vinyl finish
- dual binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 8-1/2"W x 15-7/16"H x 12-5/8"D
- weight: 17.6 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Klipsch Reference RB-600 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Frequency Response||45-23k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding Port|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Klipsch RB-600 bookshelf loudspeaker employs a two-way speaker design with a 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a square Tractrix Horn and a 6.5" Cerametallic woofer with rubber surround.
- Tractrix Horn Tweeter: The Klipsch RB-600 features a 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a square Tractrix Horn for smoother high-end response with greater extension, enhanced imaging and more powerful dynamics. The Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° wide by 60° high dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- Cerametallic Woofer: The 6.5" woofer of the RB-600 bookshelf loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range The 6.5" woofer also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
Klipsch Horn Technology: Klipsch employs Horn Technology to deliver these four principles of great sound.
- High Efficiency: Klipsch speaker employs horn technology because the horn shape is perfect for accurate and dynamic sound transmission. Greater efficiency means lower distortion, which means maximum realism.
- Dynamic Range: Klipsch horn technology reproduces the softest sounds with remarkable clarity and detail and the loudest sounds with no harshness or distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Unique Klipsch horn technology means speakers that more accurately direct sound and offer a more lifelike soundstage.
- Flat Frequency Response: Klipsch horn technology delivers exactly the sound the artist intended, with no unnatural highs, mids, or lows.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The 6.5" Cerametallic cone woofer and 1" titanium diaphragm compression driver are mounted in a Bass reflex enclosure which features a front-firing port. The bass reflex enclosure features a MDF cabinet finished with a black wood-grain vinyl. The enclosure uses a low-diffraction sculpted cast aluminum front baffle to improve sound dispersion and features improved internal bracing to prevent unwanted resonance.
Magnetic Grille: The bookshelf loudspeaker features a removable magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over its cast-aluminum front baffle. The speaker can be used with or without its grille in place.
Dual Binding Posts: Each speaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Rubber Feet: Each bookshelf speaker comes supplied with eight self-adhesive rubber feet (4 for each speaker) so you can sit the speakers on a stand or shelf securely. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the height of each speaker.
Placement: These bookshelf loudspeakers are designed to perform well in a wide variety of locations but you will get the most out of the speakers by following these simple guidelines.
- Place the front left and right speakers on shelves or stands with their tweeters at approximately ear height for a seated listener. When used surround sound speakers, they normally perform best when placed slightly higher than ear level.
- The bookshelf loudspeakers should be equal distance from the floor and the wall behind them. It can also helps to have the left and right speakers at different distances from their nearest side walls. This sort of staggering helps smooth the bass range.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: Cost no object: AudioQuest Rocket 33 in either 10 or 15 foot pairs. Budget solution that will sound great: AudioQuest X2 Speaker Cable If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jun 16, 2014 ] Staff
Other than the baffle and grills,The specs are so close I cant see the justification for this model addition,unless my RB-61ll's have been discontinued [ MICHAEL T Dec 16, 2013 ]
The two lines of speakers are very similar. There is a bit of a difference in the tweeters, which causes them to sound slightly different. Both are great choices. [ Jeff Dec 16, 2013 ] Staff