Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
MAXSA 40227 Solar-powered LED Floodlight
Motion-sensing outdoor security light (aluminum)
Item # 71640227 | MFR # 40227
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the MAXSA 40227 Solar-powered LED Floodlight by Crutchfield's Meredith Krebs
Coming back home after dark, it's comforting to know that this motion-activated light will automatically turn on when you pull into your driveway. You can even set the timer so the light stays on long enough for you to negotiate a path strewn with toys and see to slip your key in the lock.
The light is solar-powered, so you don't have to pay an electrician to hook it up or pay big electric bills. Just use the supplied cable to connect the solar panel to the floodlight. The sun's rays will charge its built-in battery so the light is ready when you need it.
I was surprised at how bright this light is, I really didn't expect this much light from a solar-powered light. So far it works great and I plan on buying another one in a few months for the other side of my house.
Sharonna, Ocean City, MD
What's in the Box:
- Motion-Activated Security Light (Aluminum)
- Solar Panel with attached 15' cable (terminated by DC barrel plug)
- Six 1-3/8" mounting screws
- 6 Wall-anchors
- Assembly & Operating Instructions
- solar-powered floodlight with 80 LEDs
- no electrician needed for installation and no utility costs
- durable aluminum design
- detects motion within 120 degrees and up to 25 feet away
- great for decks, patios, balconies, entrance doors, garages, driveways, carports, walkways, backyards, sheds, pool areas, and stairs
- light duration adjustable from 10 seconds to 1 minute
- motion and daylight sensitivity adjustments
- weatherproof design
- included 15-ft. cable connects solar panel and light
- solar panel dimensions: 8-1/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-1/4"D
- security light dimensions: 8-1/4"W x 10-3/16"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MAXSA 40227 Solar-powered LED Floodlight Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The MAXSA Solar Motion-Activated Security Light (item # 40227) is powered by the supplied external Solar Panel and is activated by passive infrared motion sensors. The Solar Motion-Activate Wedge Light is easy to install, and perfect for decks, patios, balconies, entrance doors, garages, driveways, carports, walkways, backyards, farm sheds, pool areas, and stairs.
External Solar Panel: The supplied external Solar Panel charges through the day and coverts direct sunlight to electricity to charge the battery inside the Security Light. The Solar Panel connects to the Security Light via its attached 15' power cord. The Solar Panel features a durable weatherproof housing to protect it in all weather conditions. The Solar Panel has an adjustable head so it can mounted either on a flat or angled surface or rooftop. The Solar Panel is mounted using the supplied mounting screws and wall-anchors. The Solar Panel should be mounted in an area where it can receive 6-8 hours of daylight per day.
Note: Before its initial use, the MAXSA 40227 should be left in the direct sunlight to charge for three days.
Motion Activated Security Light: Using the stored energy from the connected Solar Panel, the 80 Super Bright LEDs inside the Security Light turn on automatically at night when motion is detected. The Security Light's 80 Super Bright LEDs illuminates a broad coverage area at 250 total lumens. When the battery is fully charged, this Solar Security Light can activate up to 180 30-second intervals. The Security Light features a swivel head which allows the lamp to rotate 360 degrees and angle up/down or left/right. The Motion Activated Solar Security Light features the following adjustment settings:
- Time Period Adjustment: The time period control sets the duration that the Solar Security Light will be illuminated when activated. The time period is adjustable over a range of 10 seconds to 1 minute.
- Motion Sensor Adjustment: The sensitivity of the motion sensor of this Solar Security Light will be affected by temperature. The Security Light's motion sensor has a field of vision of 120 degrees at a distance of 25 feet, when the surrounding temperature is 75 degrees. The cooler the temperature the more sensitive the motion sensor will become. Use this adjustment to set the sensitivity of the motion sensor to compensate for environmental temperature changes.
- Light Level Adjustment: The LUX dial controls the natural light level that initiates operation and prevents the Security Light from operating during daylight hours.
Note: The LED lights in the Solar Security Light (40227) will last up to 30,000 hours and should never need replacement.
Rechargeable Batteries: Included in the Security Light are three AAA 2100mAh Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries. These batteries should last for approximately 3 years.
- Width = 8.25"
- Height = 6.375"
- Depth = 4.25"
- Width = 8.25"
- Height = 10.128"
- Depth = 5.375"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
The one we reviewed was assembled in China. [ Jeff Jan 20, 2014 ] Staff