Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
High-output solar floodlight with 12 LEDs
Item # 71640330 | MFR # 40330
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the MAXSA 40330 by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Light from the sun even at night
The MAXSA 40330 solar floodlight puts the power of the sun at your command. Whether you want to light your driveway, walkway, deck or landscaping, the 40330 does the job beautifully. The solar-powered design saves energy and simplifies installation. The kit's solar panel collects the sun's energy and stores it in the included rechargeable batteries so you have power to illuminate the 12 super-bright, super-efficient LEDs all night long. A built-in sensor automatically turns the light on at dusk and off at dawn. Installing the 40330 is easy – no need to connect it to your home's existing wiring, so no need to hire an electrician. Just use the supplied cable to connect the solar panel to the floodlight, and let the sun do the rest. Plus its durable, housing will last for years
This MAXSA light is one of many home security and safety products available at Crutchfield.
What's in the Box:
- Outdoor LED flood light (w/ integrated mounting-bracket)
- Outdoor solar-panel (w/ attached 9' power cord)
- Metal bracket
- 2 Mounting straps
- Four 1.25" screws
- Four Drywall anchors
- Assembly/Operating Instructions
- solar-powered floodlight with 12 super-bright LEDs
- provides 5 hours of illumination at full power setting, 10 hours in power-saving mode
- great for decks, patios, balconies, entrance doors, garages, driveways, carports, walkways, backyards, sheds, pool areas, and stairs
- DIY installation with no connection to home wiring needed and no electrician required
- separate light and solar panel allow flexible installation options
- adjustable swivel head and sensor
- weatherproof design
- mounting hardware included
- included 9' cable connects solar panel and light
- includes 3 "AA" Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
- solar panel dimensions: 6-5/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 5/8"D
- panel base dimensions: 4-1/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 3-5/8"D
- security light dimensions: 8-9/16"W x 5-1/2"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MAXSA 40330 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Solar-Power Light: The MAXSA Solor Powered Flood Light converts sunlight into electricity during the day, enabling the LED Flood Light to turn on automatically at night. This light is perfect for flags, signs, gardens, driveways, carports, garages, entrance doors, decks, porches, or any large outdoor area where lighting is needed. You an also help to save the environment by conserving energy with these energy-efficient solar powered LED lights.
LED Lights: The MAXSA Solar Powered Flood Light features 12 LED lights that will last up to 30,000 hours and should never need replacement.
Rechargeable Battery: The Solar Power Flood Light can light for up to 5 hours at full brightness and 10 hours at half brightness when the battery is fully charged. The 3 sealed rechargeable Ni-MH batteries included with this product should last for many years before they need to be replaced.
Note: During the initial charge period, leave the light off while the solar panel charges in direct sunlight for 1 day.
- Flood Light: The flood light features an integrated mounting bracket which allows you to mount the light to a wall, roof, or sign (using the included hardware). The mounting bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the light to where you need it most. The flood light also comes with mounting straps to attach the light to a flag pole. The flood light and solar panel connect to one another via the solar panel's attached 9' power cord.
- Solar Panel: Mount the panel facing South, which will maximize the direct sunlight exposure during the day. For optimum sun exposure and longer light output, place the solar panel where it will receive 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day. Mount the solar panel with the enclosed screws to a solid wood or metal surface. You can adjust the angle of the solar panel by gently rotating to a different locking position. Placing the panel in a shaded location will no allow the batteries to charge fully, reducing the number of hours the light will operate per evening.
- Flood Light: 8.5625" (W) x 5.5" (H) x 3.875" (D)
- Solar Panel:
- Panel: 6.3125" (W) x 6.3125" (H) x 0.625" (D)
- Base: 4.125" (W) x 2.0625" (H) x 3.625" (D)
- Power Cord: 9' (L)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It looks like it would fit my needs for up-lighting two 20 foot tall date palms (that running power to for conventional lighting would be too difficult for). My hopes for this item are very high. Reviews across the internet are mixed, but the manufacturer seems reputable and Crutchfield is certainly a stand-up company, so I figured I should go ahead and give these lights a try. [ Trey Feb 01, 2016 ]
I like the idea of solar. I'm lighting a small area for my BBQ in the back yard. Have read the reviews here and on other sites and got some good info on this product. Sound like just what i'm looking for. [ Mark Jan 17, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
HI Lyle, I used the light to light up a US Flag mounted on the side of the building and the light is facing up. We mounted the solar panel on the roof. It works great. [ John Dec 29, 2014 ]
One of the members of our historical society mounted this and he has it at an angle that is nearly facing up so I don't see why not. [ Jane Dec 26, 2014 ]
yes this unit can be mounted in any position and still give light as bright as a straight (standed) position very happy with this product......................... [ ROBERT Dec 26, 2014 ]
yes there are two switches 1. for on/off 1. for light adjustment high /low.............. [ ROBERT Nov 13, 2014 ]
Yes there is a switch for on and off and one for Hi and Low [ John Nov 12, 2014 ]
Yes, there is an on/off switch on the side of the light. [ Kelly Nov 11, 2014 ]