Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
MAXSA 44640 Solar Powered Floodlight
Motion-sensing outdoor security light
Item # 71644640 | MFR # 44640
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the MAXSA 44640 Solar Powered Floodlight by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Bright outdoor illumination with no electrician required
This wide-angle, 650-lumen floodlight is perfect for any location where you need a bright, high-coverage light source outside. Super-bright SMT LEDs use a fraction of the power of traditional incandescent floodlights while providing long-lasting, reliable illumination for decks, pools, walkways, garages, and more.
This light turns on automatically when it senses motion after nightfall. Motion and light/dark sensitivity are adjustable, and the illumination period can be modified within a range of 10 seconds to 1 minute. When fully charged by the included solar panel, the unit can provide up to 180 30-second illuminations on one charge. It's fully weatherproof, with an IP44 weather rating.
- solar-powered 650-lumen outdoor floodlight with super-bright, efficient SMT LEDs
- no operating costs, and no electrician needed for installation
- wide-angle light is great for decks, patios, balconies, entrance doors, garages, driveways, carports, walkways, backyards, sheds, pool areas, and stairs
- built-in long-life 6V/4Ah lead-acid battery
- illumination interval adjustable from 10 seconds - 1 minute
- a single charge powers up to 180 30-second illuminations
- adjustable motion and light/dark sensitivity
- weatherproof design
- included 15' cable connects solar panel and light
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Outdoor LED security light with motion sensor
- Outdoor solar panel (w/ attached 15' power cord)
- 4 Small 1-1/4" Screws (to mount solar panel)
- 2 Large screws (to mount light)
- 4 Small screw anchors
- 2 Large screw anchors
- Assembly/Operating instructions
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Solar-Power Light: During the day, the included solar panel charges the internal battery. Once charged, the Security LED light turns on automatically at night when motion is detected. The light is ideal for areas where electricity is not available.
LED Lights: The 16 surface mount LEDs have a 30,000 hour lifetime rating, so it's likely they'll never need to be replaced.
Motion Sensor: The light has a built-in motion sensor, which automatically turns the light on when movement is detected. The sensor can detect motion within a 180° horizontal angle and a distance of up to 40' (at 75° F).
Note: The motion sensor is temperature sensitive; the cooler the temperature, the more sensitive the motion sensor will be. Use the Sensitivity dial to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor to compensate for environmental temperature changes.
Built-in Photo Sensor: The light also has a built-in photo sensor, so the light only turns on at night. The sensor comes preset for activation at dusk. You can adjust the Lux dial for activation in a brighter or darker setting.
Controls: Three dials below the sensor control the light's operation:
- Time: adjust the time the light stays on after activation; 10 seconds to 60 seconds
- Sensitivity: adjust the sensor's sensitivity to motion
- Lux: control the amount of natural light that prevents the light from operating (during daylight hours)
Rechargeable Battery: The included rechargeable battery is sealed lead-acid, 6V/4Ah. When fully charged, it will power up to 200 30-second light cycles. The battery should last 3-5 years before it will need to be replaced. Replacement batteries are available directly from the manufacturer (maxsainnovations.com).
Note: During the initial charge period, leave the light off while the solar panel charges in direct sunlight for 3 days.
- Security Light: The light has an integrated mounting bracket, allowing you to mount the light to a wall or roof using the included hardware. It can be mounted vertically or horizontally. Once mounted, the angle of the light and motion sensor are independently adjustable. The light and solar panel connect to one another using the solar panel's attached 15' power cord.
- Solar Panel: Mount the solar panel using the enclosed screws to a solid surface. The angle of the solar panel can be adjusted after it's mounted. The panel should face south, maximizing the direct sunlight exposure during the day. To ensure the battery is properly charged, place the solar panel where it will receive 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Security Light:
- Width: 7-1/16"
- Height: 6-7/8" to 14" (depending on the angle of the light and sensor; both are adjustable)
- Depth: 4-3/4" to 7-3/4" (depending on the angle of the light and sensor)
- Solar Panel:
- Width: 8-1/4"
- Height: 6-1/4"
- Depth: 3" (D) x 6-1/2" (depending on the angle of the solar panel)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.