Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Solar-powered security light and video camera
Item # 71644642 | MFR # 44642-CAM-BK
Price Break: -$60.00
$139.95 Earn up to 140 Rewards points
Our take on the Maxsa 44642-CAM by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The solar-powered Maxsa 44642-CAM is a security light and video camera all in one.
We've seen security cameras that work outdoors, wireless video cameras, and solar-powered lights. We're pretty excited to offer the Maxsa 44642-CAM, because it does all three. It's a motion-activated spotlight and security video camera that comes with a 16GB microSD memory card, so you can keep an eye on what's happening outside as soon as you get it installed. And installation is relatively easy, with no cable run required.
Use the built-in dials to control how long the light and camera stay on, and how sensitive to darkness the motion trigger will be. The camera records what it sees whenever the alarm is triggered, for up to 4 hours. And the video is stamped with date and time so you know what happened, and when, even if you're fast asleep at the time.
When you're ready to view the video, you can remove the camera module from the base of the motion sensor and plug it into a USB drive on your computer, or use a micro-SD card reader.
What's in the Box:
- Floodlight assembly
- Detachable camera/motion detector assembly (pre-installed)
- 16GB microSD card (pre-installed)
- Solar panel (attached 15' cable)
- 4 Small screws
- 4 Small wall-anchors
- 2 Large screws
- 2 Large wall-anchors
- Assembly/Operating Instructions
- solar-powered, motion-activated security light and video camera
- weather-resistant design for outdoor use
- records up to 4 hours of video on included 16GB microSD card
- 16 surface mounted LEDs produce 879 lumens of bright light
- dials for adjusting duration of activation (TIME) and sensitivity to darkness (LUX)
- activates up to 100 times when on for 60 seconds at a time
- 15' cable from light module to solar panel
- removable camera module can be directly connected to your computer's USB port for review of footage
Dimensions and Warranty:
- floodlight assembly: 7-1/16"W x 10-7/16"H x 4-3/4"D
- solar charging panel: 8-3/16"W x 6-3/16"H x 2-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Motion Detection: The Passive Infrared (PIR) motion sensor turns the solar security video camera and floodlight on automatically when motion is detected. The camera activates at all times of day, but the light comes on only at night (unless the light is manually turned on). The sensor detects movement within a 180° horizontal angle and distance of up to 40'. The motion detector settings are customizable. Adjust the time the light stays lit and the Lux level to conserve battery power and provide the best lightning for anywhere around your home, farm, or business. When fully charged, the security camera can activate up to 100x when on for 60 seconds at a time.
Security Camera: This security camera has a field of vision of 110° horizontal and captures standard definition video (480i) in color at 30fps during the day or 15fps during the night. Video is recorded in .avi file format. The camera allows you to make out faces over 16' away at night and 40' away during the day.
- microSD Card: The camera's video is captured on microSD card. It comes with a pre-installed 16GB microSD card and can take up to a 32GB microSD card. The included microSD card can record up to 4 hours (240 one-minute clips) before it is full.
- USB Computer Connection: To view the videos, simply remove the camera module from the base of the motion sensor and plug it into a USB drive on your computer. You can also remove the microSD card to access the videos. Time-stamped file names make it easy to determine when the video was recorded. The videos are viewable on Windows or Mac computers. However, the date and time of the camera can only be synced to the date and time on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 computers.
Floodlight: The built-in floodlight features 16 super-bright surface-mounted LES that produce 878.6 lumens. The floodlight's LEDs are bright enough to allow the camera to record video and make out faces during the middle of the night, up to 16' away. The floodlight can be turned on by motion detection or manually. You can set it to turn on for 10 seconds to 1 minute after motion is detected. You can also set the motion detectors Lux level to indicated how dark it needs to be for the motion sensor to trigger the floodlight.
Rechargeable Batteries w/ Solar Panel: The solar security video camera & floodlight system operate off a replaceable lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (3.7V/4.4Ah) that is charged from an included solar charging panel.
Weatherproof: Both the video camera/floodlight assembly and the solar charging panel feature a durable plastic housing (IP-44 weatherproof rating) that can stand many years outside on your property.
Mounting Options: Unlike most security cameras, this is solar powered, so it can be installed in places where you cannot run electricity. Mount the security camera & light assembly where you need it the most (driveways, parking lots, entrances, farms, parks, trails, etc). The included 16' cable allows you to place the solar charging panel in direct sun (like on a roof or side of building) to maximize the charging. The solar panel has an adjustable base so it can be used on both flat and angled locations. All mounting hardware is included; you will need a drill and phillips-screwdriver.
- Floodlight/Camera/Motion Detector Assembly: 7.0625" (w) x 10.4375" (h) x 4.75" (d)
- Solar Charging Panel: 8.1875" (w) x 6.1875" (h) x 2.8125" (d)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.