On-Q Legrand Premium HDMI Cable
Slimline "Premium High Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet" (1 meter/3.3 feet)
Our take on the On-Q Legrand Premium HDMI Cable by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
HDMI cables help us enjoy the best possible picture and sound quality from our TVs, Blu-ray players, A/V receivers, and other home theater gear. But all HDMI cables are not created equal. On-Q's Slimline Premium HDMI cables are among the first to be certified to handle the highest-quality signals, including 4K Ultra HD video and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
Slimline series cables are 75% thinner than regular HDMI cables, and super-flexible for easy hookup. The white jacket provides a clean, uncluttered look for shorter connections outside of walls.
The creators of HDMI technology have developed a new cable testing and authentication process: The Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. Cables are tested to ensure they support the full 18 Gbps bandwidth provided by the HDMI 2.0 specification. Plus, an EMI test ensures that cables minimize interference with wireless signals. Finally, every length of every model line must pass the tests to receive certification.
The certification program also includes a special authentication label placed on every certified product. It's a response to all the counterfeit and no-name cables on the market that claim performance that they don't actually deliver.
Should you get a Premium HDMI cable?
If your current HDMI cable isn't doing its job, you'll know. HDMI failure causes very visible picture problems: dropped-out pixels called "sparkles," a picture that intermittently flashes or jumps, or no picture at all. An inadequate HDMI cable doesn't affect qualities like sharpness, contrast, or color.
At lengths of a few meters or less, any well-made "high-speed" HDMI cable should work fine in most 4K applications. But if you're connecting an Ultra HD Blu-ray player to a 4K TV — especially a longer run — a Premium HDMI cable will guarantee flawless performance.
- supports HDMI version 1.4 and 2.0 features:
- maximum bandwidth of 18 Gbps
- 1080p and 4K video @ 60p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from a TV back to an A/V receiver
- slimline cable design is 75% thinner than regular HDMI cables, and super-flexible for easy hookup
- 36-gauge conductors for dependable signal transfer
- white PVC jacket
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 3.28' (1M) HDMI cable
Premium High Speed HDMI Cable: This slim-line Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet has been fully tested and certified through the Premium HDMI Certification program to ensure full support of 4K UltraHD through the HDMI 2.0b specification.
Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program: The Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program is a new verification platform from the creators of HDMI technology. It encompasses additional testing as well as authentication and verification to ensure cables support the full 18Gbps bandwidth from the HDMI 2.0b specification.
Note: Certified cables feature packaging with the official Premium HDMI Certification label and QR Code to verify authenticity
HDMI 2.0b Specifications: HDMI 2.0b, which is backwards compatible with earlier versions of the HDMI specification, is the most recent update of the HDMI specification. It also enables key enhancements to support market requirements for enhancing the consumer video and audio experience
- 18.6 Gbps: The HDMI cable supports data speeds up to 18.6Gbps for 4K video, multichannel audio, simultaneous delivery, and more.
- 4K Resolution: The cable supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second - which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: Supports RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling. With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The HDMI cable supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- 3D Support: Supports 3D video pass-through from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs. Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- Up to 32 Audio Channels: Supports up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience with support for Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X.
- Up to 1536kHz Sample Frequency: Supports up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity from Hi-Res sources.
- Simultaneous Delivery: Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen. Plus, simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (up to 4).
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): Allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to an AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Auto Lip-Sync: Auto Lip-Sync adjusts the delay between audio and video output automatically.
- HDMI CEC: HDMI CEC provides command and control of consumer electronics devices through a single control point.
- Ethernet Channel: The HDMI cable also adds high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Slim-Line Design: The slim-line HDMI cable uses 36-gauge conductors, and features a flexible white jacket that is 75% thinner than many standard HDMI cables.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It was the only cable with ethernet that was the right length. [ D Jun 13, 2017 ]
This premium hdmi cable is certified to handle the highest-quality signals for 4K Ultra HD video and HDR. It's thin, flexible, and has a lifetime warranty. [ Victoria Dec 17, 2017 ]
Its certified to perform to specification, 75% smaller than comparable rated cables, and the lifetime warranty. [ James May 13, 2017 ]
it was white [ Russell Mar 11, 2017 ]