Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
On-Q lyriQ High Performance Amplified Keypad
In-wall controller for lyriQ multi-room audio systems
Item # 717AU1000W | MFR # AU1000WH
This item is no longer available.
Newer model available
On-Q lyriQ™ Studio High Performance Keypad
Our take on the On-Q lyriQ High Performance Amplified Keypad by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
This high-performance in-wall amplified keypad offers convenient pushbutton operation of your lyriQ multi-room music system. The keypad has easy-to-use controls for muting and volume adjustment, and includes a source button that lets you remotely select up to four different audio sources when used with a multi-source system. The built-in IR (infrared) sensor allows you to use On-Q's universal wireless remote to control system playback from across the room.
Each keypad contains a powerful 20-watt-per-channel class D stereo amplifier that delivers rich, clean sound for large rooms or outdoor applications. A mono-summed line output provides a convenient connection for a powered subwoofer, and it even features a built-in 80Hz low-pass filter for passing only bass frequencies.
Standard 1-gang junction box and Decora-style wall plate required for installation.
What's in the Box:
- White AU1000 Keypad Volume Control with IR (fits into a single gang box)
- 2 Screws (Length=3/4")
- Keypad Functions card
- Instruction/Installation Sheet
- On-Q part # AU1000-WH
- 20 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (recommended for use with 8 ohm speakers)
- requires lyriQ High Performance Keypad Power Module for operation
- 16/4 speaker wire required for power connection to High Performance Keypad Power Module
- adjustable backlight levels with blue illumination
- IR sensor for use with On-Q universal remote
- connects to source distribution module via CAT-5 cable (RJ-45 jack input)
- summed-mono line-level output with 80Hz low-pass filter for powered subwoofer connection
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
On-Q lyriQ High Performance Amplified Keypad Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Product Overview: The On-Q AU1000-WH High Performance Keypad Volume Control with IR provides power and control to each room in your On-Q whole house audio system. It connects to the audio system via Cat 5 wire, to distribute audio signals, control information, and IR for remote control. The keypad has two on-board 20 watt per channel Class D amplifiers to provide clean sound to a pair of speakers. It fits into a single gang box, and requires a white Decora-style wall plate (not included).
IR Reception/Transmission: The volume control keypad can receive a remote IR signal between 10kHz and 110kHz, and pass it through the whole audio system. The volume control will respond to the On-Q lyriQ remote control (item 717F7427).
Controls/Indicators: The keypad has the following controls and indicators:
- Source: You can select up to 4 sources connected into the audio system by pressing the source button. As you change sources, the sources LEDs will light up in sequence. When you change sources, the volume will ramp down and back up automatically.
- Mute: Mutes the audio to the room.
- Volume Buttons: The Volume Up and Volume Down buttons control both speakers simultaneously. As you increase or decrease the volume, the Volume LEDs will light or go out to indicate the room volume. The volume range has a total of 40 steps.
- Temporary Do Not Disturb: By double tapping the Mute button, you can put the keypad into Temporary DND and it will not respond to whole house commands from other locations.
- Whole-house Source Control/Party Mode: In this mode, every operation performed on this keypad will be relayed to all keypads in the system.
- Keypad Brightness: You can adjust the brightness of the keypad backlighting by pressing both volume buttons simultaneously. When the backlight flashes, you can press volume up to increase backlighting, and press volume down to decrease backlighting.
Connections: On the back of the volume control are the following connections:
- Cat 5 Terminal: RJ45 terminal from audio system
- Speaker Outputs: 4 clamp-style terminals for connecting left and right speaker wires; handles up to 16 gauge wire
- Line Output: 2 clamp-style terminals for connecting a powered subwoofer or an external amplifier
- Power: 2 clamp-style terminals for connecting 16-4 speaker wire to deliver power from the Power Distribution Module (717AU1001) to the keypad
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.