Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
On-Q IP Video Server
Monitor your home security camera system over the Internet
Item #: 717F2295
This item is no longer available.
On-Q IP Video Server
Our take on the On-Q IP Video Server by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Want peace of mind while on the road or at work, or just the added flexibility of monitoring your home camera system on your laptop? Use On-Q's IP Video Server to view your camera images through your wireless home computer network, or over the Internet from anywhere in the world. It uses a standard web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, to access and view full-motion video from up to four connected cameras. You can watch each camera individually, or display them all simultaneously in a quad-tiled view. The included software even lets you record the images and store them on your PC's hard drive for playback.
What's in the Box:
- IP Video Server
- Metal mounting bracket
- 63" Null modem cable (with female DB9 connectors on each end)
- 63" Camera control cable (with female DB9 connector on one end and a round 9-pin DIN connector on the other end)
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cable (DC output: 12V/1.5A)
- 27" DC power jumper cable
- Four 3' Composite video cables (each with a right-angled RCA plug on one end and a BNC connector on the other end)
- Three 5mm plastic snap rivets
- 2 Plug-in I/O terminal strips (with 10 screw terminals each)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Installation CD
- Quick Installation Guide
- Hardware Limited Warranty sheet
- On-Q part # F2295
- supports up to four On-Q cameras for viewing on a local computer network or over the Internet from anywhere in the world
- uses standard web browsers to access connected cameras, such as Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer
- built-in web server
- monitor individual cameras or display them all simultaneously in a quad-tiled view
- includes full-motion video recording software for video storage and playback on a computer disk drive
- adjustable image size and quality
- black and white or color control
- time stamp and text overlay
- 4-channel motion detection with object size and sensitivity adjustment
- four sensor inputs and two relay outputs
- four BNC video inputs with four BNC loop-through video outputs
- 10/100 Ethernet port
- software installation CD included (Windows and Mac)
- AC power supply included
- includes four 36" BNC-to-angled RCA (90 degree) cables for easy connection to an On-Q camera module
- includes mounting bracket for installation in an On-Q wiring enclosure
- four peel-and-stick rubber feet included for shelf mounting
- 7-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 12"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The On-Q F2295 IP Video Server allows cameras to be viewed on the Internet with any popular web browser, without the need for additional software. You can view video from up to 4 cameras from anywhere in the world. In addition to the IP Video Server, the package also comes with a metal bracket for installing the unit into an On-Q enclosure, terminal strips, and cables.
Motion JPEG Compression: The server can quickly and efficiently compress four video inputs into packets of JPEG images. The compression engine provides an excellent image that is small enough in size to be transmitted efficiently enough to meet remote monitoring and storage needs. Five levels of compression ratio and three sizes of image resolutions are provided.
Password Protected: Password level protection is provided by the system to prevent malicious intruders from accessing the IP Video Server from your internal network or the Internet. Multiple users can be configured with password authentication to access the server. Each user can have individual access rights to view or control external devices.
Motion Detection: Each video channel can be setup to detect any motion with customized settings. No external sensors are required. You can tune the object size and sensitivity to establish a reliable motion detection system for your home or office.
Inputs and Outputs: The F2295 IP Video Server has the following inputs and outputs:
- Front Panel:
- Camera Inputs: 4 BNC jacks for attaching up to 4 cameras at the same time from an On-Q CM1001 Cat 5 Camera Module.
- Camera Outputs: 4 BNC jacks for looping camera video to other capturing devices, such as time-lapsed VCR, etc.
- DIP Switches: DIP switches numbered 1 through 4 each enable 75-ohm resistance of video impedance (only needed if more than one video source is connected to the input).
- Status LEDs: There are six LEDs (4 green and 2 red) to indicate startup, self-test, and operating status.
- Clear and Reset Buttons (recessed): For use during troubleshooting to clear custom settings and restore default settings.
- Rear Panel:
- General I/O Terminal Block: Two rows of 10 contacts each for use with the two supplied green I/O terminal blocks to connect optional security devices, such as sensors, alarms, lighting, or door locks. A camera control cable is included.
- COM Ports: Com1 Port is a dedicated RS232 port for controlling attached PTZ cameras. Com2 Port is an RS232 port for connecting, with a modem or the supplied null modem cable, to utilize dial-up networking when Ethernet is not available.
- Ethernet 10/100 Socket: You can connect to an Ethernet network with a UTP category 5 cable of a length shorter than 100 meters. Once connected, the IP Video Server will utilize the Ethernet interface.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.