Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
On-Q inQuire Intercom Room Unit
Item # 717IC1004W | MFR # IC1004WH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the On-Q inQuire Intercom Room Unit by Crutchfield's Tara W.
On-Q's inQuire intercom system lets you talk with family and friends throughout your home. Add room units like this one to the intercom module and main console to create your own customizable system. This clean, modern-looking wall unit installs in a standard 2-gang electrical box and connects to the intercom module with a single pull of CAT-5 cable. Chat with people in other rooms or at your front door using the talk buttons. Adjust the volume using controls located on the keypad.
- On-Q part # IC1004-WH
- room unit for On-Q inQuire intercom system
- talk buttons let you communicate with other room and door units
- volume up and down controls
- mounts in a standard 2-gang electrical box
- decorator wall plate included
- connects to required intercom module via CAT-5 cable
- add as many as 12 room units to a single intercom module
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Intercom room unit (fits into a double-gang box)
- WP1207-WH White Decora Double-gang Wall Plate
- 4 Screws (Length=1/8")
- 4 Screws (Length=3/4")
- Instruction/Installation Sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The On-Q IC1004-WH Intercom Room Unit provides basic intercom communication functions, such as talk, talk to door (if door unit is installed), monitor and mute for any interior room in your home. Up to 12 Room units can be installed in the inQuire 1000 intercom system. The room unit connects to the IC-1002 main console via a single Cat 5 cable. The IC1004-WH comes with a white double-gang Decora wall plate.
Controls: The IC1004-WH has a microphone and a high quality speaker for listening to the doorbell or voices on the intercom. The control pad includes the following:
- Talk: When you want to communicate with other active units, the Talk button is pressed while you're speaking, then released. Your voice will be heard on the Main Console unit, plus any active Room, Patio, or Desktop unit in the system.
- Door: If you wish to communicate with all door units in the system, press the Door button while speaking, then release. Your voice will be heard on any active Room, Patio, Desktop, or Door unit, plus the Main console unit.
- Monitor: Press to put the unit into the Monitor mode, and press again to return to Normal. In Monitor mode, the microphone is constantly active, the speaker is disabled, and any voice or noise within the room will be heard throughout the system. This function is useful for baby monitoring, or other situations which require any voice or noise in a room to be heard throughout the system.
- Mute: Press to put the unit into the Mute mode, and press again to return to Normal. In Mute mode, both the speaker and microphone are inactive. Mute mode is useful for maintaining privacy in a particular room.
- Volume: There are two volume control buttons with an associated volume level LED bar. There are 20 different volume levels which are adjusted up and down using the two buttons.
- Door Release Function: There is no specific button for the door release function. If a door release device is installed in the system, you can activate the Door Release function by pressing the Talk and Door buttons simultaneously.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.