MrSpeakers AEON Flow
Open-back planar magnetic headphones
MrSpeakers AEON Flow - Protein leather earpads and flexible NiTinol "memory metal" outer headband (stand not included)
Our take on the MrSpeakers AEON Flow by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Open-air version of an underground hit
The closed-back Mr. Speakers AEON Flow headphones are one of the best sealed-back models I've ever tried. I have no doubt that this open-back version is just as special. It features the same look, build-quality, and cutting-edge planar magnetic drivers. The big difference is the stainless steel grill that allows more air to move in and out. I have a sample on the way, so I'll have impressions soon. But in general, open-back headphones offer a more spacious, natural sound — with less isolation from the outside world.
- over-the-ear, open-air design for natural, transparent sound
- closed-back version also available
- planar magnetic drivers offer enhanced dynamics and rich, detailed sound
- designed, built, and tested in San Diego, CA
- V-Planar™ driver technology offers exceptional musical detail with low distortion
- powerful single-sided magnet for greater efficiency
- large, folded planar diaphragm acts as an accordion that "squeezes" more air as it moves
- TrueFlow baffles reduces turbulence of air moving through the driver
- enhances dynamics and extends frequency response
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- durable aluminum frame and earcups
- stainless steel grille with hexagonal openings for optimal airflow
- thick, memory-foam earpads lined with protein leather
- super-light, flexible NiTinol "memory metal" headband for easy fit
- single-sided headband slider for easy adjustment
- The lightest over-ear planar magnetic headphones we carry
General Info and Specs:
- 6-foot detachable, fabric-covered cable with a 3.5mm miniplug
- screw-on 1/4" adapter
- micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- hard-shell carrying case
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- impedence: 13 ohms
- weight: 11.8 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 78" DUMMER cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter (installed on cable)
- Hard-shell zippered storage case
- 4 White felt inserts (2 installed in ear cups)
- 2 Black foam inserts
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick User Guide
- Certificate of Authenticity
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.314" x 4.749"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The MrSpeakers ÆON Flow (Open Version) is an over-ear planar magnetic headphone. Its open design lets in ambient sounds, so it's more like listening to a pair of speakers in a room. These audiophile-grade headphones feature V-Planar and Trueflow technologies, and are precision crafted to deliver superb performance. Their low impedance (13Ω) and higher efficiency (95dB/mW) makes them significantly easier to drive with a smartphone or tablet. For best performance, you should use a high-quality headphone amplifier with the headphones.
Note: The ÆON Flow Closed Version is also available for those who wish to shut out external noise while they listen to music.
Planar Magnetic Drivers: The ÆON Flow uses planar magnetic drivers which deliver much better performance over standard dynamic drivers. The result is more balanced sound with a wide open soundstage.
Tuning: The ÆON Flow headphones come with tuning materials to let you customize the sound of your headphones. Three pairs of pads are provided for inserting in the ear wells of the headphones. It is recommended that, instead of going back and forth, you should listen to each option over an extended time to fully understand the differences. The tuning pads are as follows:
- Black: This black foam ear pad is the most porous and provides the least amount of damping. The foam pads increase the upper bass output and tone down the highs a bit.
- White 1-notch: The white felt ear pads with a single identifying notch are pre-installed in the headphones. They provide a medium amount of damping.
- White 2-notch: The white felt ear pads with dual notches have the most amount of damping of the three sets of pads.
Construction: The ÆON Flow headphones features genuine carbon fiber ear cups to house the 62mm x 34mm (2.44" x 1.34") planar magnetic drivers. Two thin NiTinol memory metal bands hold the ear cups together, and provides the right amount of pressure on the head. NiTinol is a Nickel Titanium metal alloy that returns to its original shape, even after being severely bent. The soft dyed leather headband lies softly on the top of the head while the leather-covered foam ear pads provide a good seal to isolate a lot of the outside noise. The outer portion of the earcups features a window showing the carbon fiber weave pattern, framed in midnight blue/black metallic paint.
Ear Pads: The soft memory foam ear pads provide comfort for extended listening sessions. The inside D-shaped cutouts for your ears are spacious (1-5/8" wide x 3-1/8" high), and angled for a more secure and comfortable fit.
DUMMER Cable: The MrSpeakers ÆON Flow comes with the 6.5' detachable DUMMER (Distinctly Un-Magical) cable, which features a 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" adapter. The fabric-covered Y-type cable features 4-pin connectors on the headphone end.
Storage Case: The headphones come with a black molded, hard-side, clam-shell case for storing your headphones (with the cables removed). The case has a 3-sided zippered closure.
- Impedance: 13Ω
- Efficiency: 95dB/mW
- Ear Cup Dimensions: Width 3.314" x Height 4.749" x Depth 2.221"
- Weight: 14.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
MrSpeakers AEON Flow
Open-back planar magnetic headphones$799.99
Professional monitor headphones
Over-ear wireless Bluetooth® headphones with Pure Digital Drive
Over-ear Bluetooth® wireless noise-canceling headphones