MrSpeakers ETHER Flow
Open-back planar magnetic headphones
MrSpeakers ETHER Flow - Extra large planar drivers use folded V-Planar diaphragm design for better dynamics
- open-back design offers spacious, transparent sound
- planar magnetic drivers offer enhanced dynamics and warm sound
- made with premium materials
- designed, built, and tested in San Diego, CA
- V-Planar™ driver technology offers exceptional musical detail with low distortion
- powerful single-sided magnet for greater efficiency
- large, folded planar diaphragm acts as an accordion that "squeezes" more air as it moves
- TrueFlow™ baffles reduces turbulence of air moving through the driver
- enhances dynamics and extends frequency response
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- durable aluminum frame
- thick, memory-foam earpads lined with dual-stitched leather
- NiTinol "memory metal" headband for easy fit
- super-light, flexible material
- sturdy dual-sided headband slider for effortless adjustment
- feels lighter than most planar magnetic headphones
General Info and Specs:
- 8 ft. detachable DUM (distinctly un-magical) cable with braided cover
- terminated by a 1/4" plug
- hard-shell carrying case with soft protective interior
- impedance: 23 ohms
- weight: 14.1 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 6' DUM cable (1/4" plug)
- MagicFiber cleaning cloth
- Hard-shell zippered storage case
- Certificate of Authenticity
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.12" x 4.12"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The MrSpeakers Ether Flow is an over-ear, open back planar magnetic headphone. These audiophile-grade headphones are precision machined and crafted to deliver superb performance throughout the extended frequency range. For best performance, it is recommended that you use a high-quality headphone amplifier with the headphones.
Planar Magnetic Drivers: The Ether Flow uses planar magnetic drivers which deliver much better performance over standard dynamic drivers. Bass response is full and strong, while the sound stage and imaging are more defined. With the open back design, the headphones are very airy, and thus are not particularly good at attenuating external noise. In addition, the sound inside the headphones tends to leak outside of the ear cups, so everyone around you can hear what you're listening to.
Construction: The Ether Flow headphones features a black anodized milled aluminum main ear cups to house the large 2-3/4" x 1-3/4" planar magnetic drivers. Two thin NiTinol memory metal bands hold the ear cups together, and provides the right amount of pressure on the head. NiTinol is Nickel Titanium metal alloy that returns to its original shape, even after being severely bent. Soft lambskin leather is used for the headband and the ear pads for ultimate comfort. The open-back Ether Flow features a black honeycomb pattern surrounded by a blue ring.
Ear Pads: The soft memory foam ear pads provide comfort for extended listening sessions. The inside cutouts for your ears are rectangular (1-5/8" wide x 2-5/8" high), and the pads are angled for a more secure and comfortable fit.
DUM Cable: The MrSpeakers Ether Flow comes with the 6' detachable DUM (Distinctly Un-Magical) cable. The fabric-covered Y-type cable features 4-pin connectors on the headphone end and a sturdy 1/4" plug on the other (device) end.
Storage Case: The headphones come with a brown molded, hard-side, clam-shell case for storing your headphones (with the cables removed). The case has a 3-sided zippered closure.
- Impedance: 23 ohms
- Ear Cup Dimensions: 4.12" Diameter x 2.264" Depth
- Ear Cutout: 1-5/8" Wide x 2-5/8" High
- Weight: 16.3 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.