Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Stereo digital-to-analog converter
Item # 731DACIT | MFR # Dac'it
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Peachtree DAC·iT by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Want better sound from your digital music sources?
Tunes from the Internet, streaming audio, high-res downloads stored on your PC, even a favorite CD spinning in your disc player these digital sources all have one thing in common: they depend on a digital-to-analog converter to turn them into music. And, no surprise, the better the converter the more natural, dynamic, and detailed the sound. That's why more and more music lovers are turning to high-quality outboard DACs like Peachtree Audio's DAC·iT. This little silver box can take the place of the lo-fi sound card built into your computer, and the weak analog output section of a network audio player. Whether your music source is low bitrate Internet radio, or a 96kHz/24-bit high-res audio file, the DAC·iT will turn all those digital zeros and ones into a sonic thrill ride you won't soon forget.
One reviewer's take
Chris Connaker of Computeraudiophile.com compared the DAC'iT to much more expensive DACs, and liked what he heard:
Chris Connaker, Computeraudiophile.com (Read the full review)
A DAC that tames jitter and noise
Peachtree Audio took great care to ensure your music sources aren't plagued by "jitter" errors in the timing of the data stream that adversely affect sound quality. Jitter can make music sound harsh and edgy, and smear subtle details. To reduce jitter to the vanishing point, DAC·iT uses a high-performance ESS Sabre32 DAC that's designed to extract the best possible sound from all your digital audio sources, especially high-jitter sources like your computer. Peachtree also electrically isolated the USB connection and transformer-coupled the coaxial input to prevent performance-robbing noise from entering the signal path.
Versatile connections for your system
The DAC·iT gives you three ways to connect your digital source components to your home audio system:
- coaxial digital input is ideal for connecting a CD or DVD player, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Sonos® ZonePlayer 90, or any other digital audio component with coax out, letting you take advantage of DAC·iT's high-performance processor for better sound.
- optical digital is ready to take on a set-top box, HDTV, game console, or other digital sources with optical digital output, so you can feed a high-quality audio signal into your stereo system.
- Type B USB jack passes digital audio signals from your computer to DAC·iT's onboard digital-to-analog converter, bypassing your computer's sound card to yield much higher quality sound with stored music files and Internet radio. Plus, it accepts data up to 96kHz/24-bit for playing downloaded high-res music.
A pair of gold-plated RCA outputs lets you connect DAC·iT to your home audio system via your amp or receiver. Or hook it up to a set of powered speakers for a high-end, compact desktop stereo. Peachtree even included a handy remote control for conveniently switching between inputs from the comfort of your easy chair.
What's in the Box:
- Digital-to-analog converter
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- AC power adapter (with attached 6' DC cord)
- Instruction Booklet
- built-in ESS Sabre32 DAC (ES9022) digital-to-analog converter with jitter reduction
- 3 digital audio inputs optical, coaxial, and USB (Type B)
- supported sample rates:
- USB: up to 96kHz/24-bit
- optical: up to 96kHz/24-bit
- coaxial: up to 192kHz/24-bit
- 1 pair fixed RCA analog audio outputs
- transformer coupled inputs and galvanic USB isolation
- signal-to-noise ratio: 120 dB
- jitter level at master clock: less than 3 picoseconds
- all-metal chassis and housing
- remote control
- outboard power supply included
- 6-1/2"W x 2-7/16"H x 7-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Peachtree DAC·iT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT is an outboard D/A converter optimized for streaming music from your computer and other digital audio devices, so you can listen to your entire music library with audiophile-grade sound. CD transports, computers, and other streaming devices tend to present a rather harsh musical environment with a unique set of challenges; the Peachtree DAC-iT is specifically designed for this type of environment and is optimized to handle these challenges. At the heart of the DAC-iT is an advanced ESS Sabre DAC. The secret to the sonic performance of the DAC-iT is the carefully-engineered implementation of this digital-to-analog converter, utilizing proprietary techniques and innovative circuit design.
All Metal Construction: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT features an all-metal chassis & housing to prevent against any unwanted vibration that might lead to distortion. An integrated rubber platform further enhances its anti-resonance.
ESS Sabre 32 9022 DAC: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT employs a high-resolution ESS Sabre 32 9022 DAC chip with a high-quality analog output section. This eliminates the need for expensive sound cards and effectively replaces the weak analog output section built into your computer or other streaming devices.
Extremely Low Jitter: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT reclocks any digital signal to less than 3 p/s (picoseconds) for a detailed, accurate, and natural sound. Many computers have up to 10x the mistiming (jitter) of a CD player, causing harsh, distorted sound.
120dB S/N: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT provides a 120db signal-to-noise ratio for high-quality sound.
3 Digital Audio Inputs: The DAC-iT features three digital inputs - USB for your computer, as well as optical & coaxial for your CD player or other streaming device.
- USB (Type-B): The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT features a USB (type-B) input to connect your computer. The DAC-iT's USB (type-B) input accepts data up to 96kHz/24-bit to handle high-resolution audio downloads.
- Optical (Toslink): The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT features a digital optical input to connect your CD player or other streaming device. The DAC-iT's optical (toslink) input accepts data up to 96kHz/24-bit to handle high-resolution audio downloads.
- Coaxial (RCA): The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT features a digital coaxial input to connect your CD player or other streaming device. The DAC-iT's coaxial (RCA) input accepts data up to 192kHz/24-bit to handle extremely high-resolution audio downloads.
Galvanized Isolation: The DAC is galvanic isolated, which is necessary when dealing with electrical noise generated by a computer's USB output. Elimination of this noise via USB is among the most important reasons that the USB section performs so well.
Transformer Coupled Inputs: Streaming devices can be attached to the DAC-iT via optical or coax which are also transformer coupled to prevent superfluous (unwanted) noise from entering the signal path.
Analog Output (RCA): The DAC-iT is equipped with a stereo RCA analog audio output (fixed) to connect to your home stereo system.
Remote Control: For added convenience, an IR remote control with discreet input selection is included.
Outboard Power Supply: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iT operates off of standard household AC current using its outboard AC power supply. Separating the power supply from the DAC's chassis prevents unnecessary electrical noise from entering the system.
- Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.4A
- Output: 9V-1A, 9W
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.