Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in digital-to-analog converter
Item # 731DEC2BG | MFR # Decco II black gloss
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Peachtree Decco2 by Crutchfield's Jim Richardson
We apologize, but due to unexpected demand the Decco2 is no longer available. Please call an advisor at 1-888-955-6000 for other options.
Upgrade your computer audio experience
With its trailblazing Decco amplifier, Peachtree Audio hit on a winning formula for the download generation a high current integrated amp with a vacuum tube preamp stage mated to a high-performance digital-to-analog converter. A USB input made it surprisingly simple to enjoy high-fidelity sound when using a computer as a music source. The vacuum tube made digital music sound surprisingly organic.
The new Decco2 improves on the original, by incorporating the acclaimed ESS Sabre DAC. The Sabre DAC "upsamples" your music files to 24-bit/96kHz resolution and filters out "jitter" (digital timing errors). The result is digital music that sounds remarkably clean and lifelike, with three-dimensional stereo imaging. The DAC filter slope switch let you choose a fast slope that measures better on a test bench or a slow slope that sounds better to some listeners.
The Decco2's optical and coaxial inputs make it easy to connect your other digital sources such as a CD player, music server, or a music streamer like the Logitech® Squeezebox Duet. The Decco also makes an ideal companion to the Wadia 170iTransport for getting better sound from your iPod.
Very easy setup, space for Sonos makes for a clean setup, very simple interface sound performance is awesome, feeling very good about going completely digital.
brian, Denver, CO
What's in the Box:
- 2-Channel hybrid tube integrated amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- IR wireless remote control
- 2 AAA batteries
- Owner's Manual
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 6 ohms at less than 1% THD
- hybrid vacuum tube/solid-state design
- vacuum tube preamp stage (uses a single dual-triode input tube)
- high-current class A/B solid state power amp
- built-in ESS Sabre digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with selectable wide/narrow jitter reduction and upsampling
- DAC filter slope switch
- decodes MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, PCM, and Apple Lossless
- high-capacity toroidal power transformer
- digital audio inputs: 1 USB (Type B), 1 optical (Toslink), and 1 coaxial (S/PDIF)
- 2 pair RCA analog audio inputs
- 2 pair RCA audio preamp outputs for connecting a powered subwoofer and an outboard power amplifier
- headphone output (full-size 1/4" jack)
- heavy-duty binding-post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- weight: 26 lbs.
- 14-7/8"W x 5-1/16"H x 14-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year on amp, 6 months on tube
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Peachtree Decco2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|USB Input||1 Type B|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Yr (6 months on tube)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Yr (6 months on tube)|
Overview: The Peachtree Audio Decco² is an audiophile-grade 40 watt x two-channel hybrid integrated amplifier. The preamp's Class-A tube buffer tames harsh compressed digital music and allows exceptional reproduction when listening to high resolution files. The high-current amplifier section then powers your speakers. In addition to the internal amplifier, the preamp also feeds the preamp output (for use with an outboard amp or powered subwoofer), the fixed line output (for using the Decco² as a stand-alone DAC), and the Class-A tube headphone section.
DAC (Digital to Analog Converter): The Decco² includes the ESS 9006 Sabre DAC, a mutli-layer board with over 450 components and 11 regulated power supplies. The ESS Sabre DAC's patented jitter reduction circuit re-clocks the digital signal before passing it through a high-resolution 24/96 upsampling processor, perfect for computers and most streaming or hard-drive based music servers because they typically have high levels of jitter (digital timing error between the source and the DAC). Each digital input is transformer-coupled so noise associated with ground loops and switching power supplies from computers is eliminated.
USB Connection: Using the Decco², you can take pure digital audio signals from iTunes, Windows Media Player, Front Row, or any other music management system on your computer before it goes through a sound card. Just connect USB cable between your computer and the Decco²'s USB type-B port; no sound card is required.
Controls: The Decco² has the following controls (input voltage, filter slope, and jitter bandwidth are on the rear-panel):
- Power: on/standby
- Input Selectors: five discrete input buttons; USB/Coaxial/Optical/Aux 1/Aux 2
- Volume: rotary volume control; the knob is motorized and turns when you adjust the volume using the remote control
- Filter Slope: the slope of the DAC's digital filter is switchable; fast/slow
- Jitter Bandwidth: wide/narrow
- Voltage Switch: the input voltage is switchable for international use; 115V/230V
Remote Control: An easy to use IR remote control is included with the Decco²; it offers the same functions as the front-panel controls, plus adds mute and tube buttons (the tube button toggles between solid state and tube-hybrid operation of the preamp). The remote control IR sensor is located in the center of the Decco²'s front-panel.
Connections: The Peachtree Audio Decco² features the following connections (all but the headphone output are on the rear-panel):
- Aux 1 and Aux 2: two sets of analog stereo RCA inputs
- Optical Digital Input: Toslink input
- Coaxial Digital Input: single RCA input
- USB Input: USB type-B port; takes digital audio content from your computer and sends it to the internal DAC
- Pre-Out: stereo RCA preamp-outputs allow you to use an external amplifier or a powered subwoofer
- Fixed Line Output: the Class A fixed line output (stereo RCA) allows you to use the Decco² as a stand alone DAC
- Speaker Terminals: left and right binding-post speaker terminals; will accept spade, single banana, or pin connectors and bare wire up to 8-gauge
- Remote in/out: 3.5mm remote input and output jacks
- AC Input: three-prong detachable power cord is included
- Headphone Output: front-panel, 1/4" headphone output; the speakers are muted when headphones are plugged in
Tube Window: The Decco² features a tube window, allowing you to view the glow of the unit's tube. The blue LED under the tube is lit when the preamp is in tube-hybrid mode.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.