Definitive Technology Demand Series D11
| Watch a first-look video |
Crutchfield at CES: Definitive Technology Demand Series speakers
- pair of high-performance bookshelf speakers for music or home theater
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter with 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™ for excellent high-frequency performance
- laterally offset tweeter assembly helps creates a precise center stereo image
- 6-1/2" BDSS™ (Balanced Double Surround System) polypropylene woofer for smooth midrange and punchy bass
- Linear Response Waveguide&trade provides smooths off-axis frequency response and even sound dispersion
- 6" x 10" racetrack-shaped passive radiator for increased low-end extension
- frequency response: 61-22,000 Hz (-3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- 5-layer piano black high-gloss finish
- removable magnetic grille
- two sets of binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 7-1/4"W x 13"H x 12-1/2"D each
- weight: 17 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Left bookshelf loudpseaker
- Right bookshelf loudspeaker
- 2 Grilles
- 4 Jumper-straps (pre-installed)
- Cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Frequency Response||61-22k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way Post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Demand Series Bookshelf Loudspeakers: The Definitive Technology Demand Series D11 high-performance bookshelf loudspeakers deliver full-range, room-filling sound and precise imaging in a modern, elegant styling. Featuring technology advancements to both Definitive's aluminum dome tweeter and midrange/woofer sections, these speaker deliver an unrivaled sweet spot, smoother high-frequency reproduction, and three-dimensional imaging for a technically-advanced, premium bookshelf listening experience.
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The 1" annealed aluminum tweeter is precision engineered to articulate nuance and detail in the high-frequency bands for a crystal-clear listening experience. Offsetting the tweeter by 5° delivers a more precise center stereo image by eliminating undesirable symmetric diffraction off the corners of the front baffle.
- 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens: Coupled with Definitive's new 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens, the 1" annealed aluminum dome tweeter delivers smoother high frequency response and improved dispersion for a rich and balanced listening experience.
- Linear Response Waveguide: A patented Linear Response Waveguide extends both on and off axis frequency response, while improving dispersion for more natural mid-range timbre and more precise imaging.
Note: Because the tweeters are offset, the bookshelf speakers are labeled for left (L) and right (R) on back of the cabinet.
6.5" BDSS (Balanced Double Surround System) Midrange/Woofer: A patented 6.5" Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) polypropylene midrange/woofer provides greater excursion and output that results in superior midrange detail and punchier bass compared to drivers of similar size. The speaker's balanced double surrounds support the cone at two points to provide better mechanical stability for longer, more linear excursion, and improved damping to suppress cone resonance.
Passive Bass Radiator: A top-mounted oval 6" x 10" passive bass radiator in each bookshelf speaker produces superior low-end extension. Plus, the addition of a larger spider reduces rocking and increases linearity for deep, tight, clean bass response.
Hand Crafted Cabinet: The speaker cabinets are constructed from MDF with an extruded natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle. The cabinets are hand-crafted, meticulously sanded, painted with five layers of premium black gloss paint, and then buffed for a near-mirror finish (Level 6) for an uncompromising look in your home.
Acoustically Transparent Magnetic Grille: Each bookshelf loudspeaker also comes with an acoustically transparent black magnetic grille. The included acoustically transparent magnetic black speaker grilles provide natural, uncolored sound when placed on the speaker, and remove easily when you want to enjoy looking at them fully uncovered.
Gold-Plated, Dual Binding Posts: Each bookshelf speaker has two sets of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts connected by jumper-straps. The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade-lugs, & banana plugs (single or dual). Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speakers. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
- If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumper-straps between the terminal posts on both speakers (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- In order to use banana plugs, you must completely unscrew the binding-post terminals and remove the rubber caps. Once you have removed the rubber caps, you can fully screw down the binding-post terminals and connect your banana plugs (sold separately).
Mounting Options: The Demand Series D11 bookshelf speakers can simply be placed on a speaker stand, desk, table or shelf. Definitive offers a speaker stand (735DST1, sold separately) specifically designed for the Demand Series bookshelf speakers. Integrated rubber pads on the bottom of the speakers provide stability and protection. You can use the Pinpoint side-clamping brackets (sold separately - see Accessories tab) to wall mount the speakers.
Note: This speaker does not offer a threaded insert or keyhole slot for wall-mounting.
Placement: The D11 bookshelf loudspeakers and your main listening position should be setup in an equilateral triangle that measures 7-10' from each speaker and the listening position. The speakers should be placed approximately 2-6' from side walls and 2-4' from back walls. The speakers should be mounted as close to ear level as possible with the listening position. Toeing the speakers in slightly, toward your listening area will provide stronger stereo imaging.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Those speakers will not work too well if you lay them on their side. They have some wave guide technologies to help them disperse the sound for better off axis listening. But when they are laid on their side, those guides now disperse the sound floor to ceiling instead of left to right. I recommend contacting an advisor on 1-800-324-9695 for a personal recommendation on speakers that will fit and work well My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Jan 26, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Definitive Technology Demand Series D11
Bookshelf speakers$799.99 pairSale: $200.00 off$999.99
Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 55
Definitive Technology Demand Series D7
Definitive Technology Demand Series D9