Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Slingbox SOLO (Model SB260)
Watch shows from your TV on any computer with Internet access
Item # 744SB260 | MFR # SB 260-100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Slingbox SOLO (Model SB260) by Crutchfield's Tara W.
The Slingbox SOLO is a great choice for the frequent traveler. It lets you access and control your DVR, cable box, or satellite TV receiver using any computer with an Internet connection. Tune in to the season finale of your favorite TV show or browse recorded shows from your office or hotel room.
How the Slingbox works
The Slingbox makes a wired connection to your home network and your DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box. The SOLO accepts TV signals up to 1080i resolution, downconverting them to standard-definition for playback. An included IR (infrared) flasher lets you remotely control your connected TV source.
Simple on-screen controls
Controlling playback is extremely easy. Install the software on your laptop and then you're ready to hit the road. The SlingRemote interface works just like your remote at home. For example, if you're using the SlingRemote to control your DVR, you can select channels, queue up your recorded TV shows, and fast-forward through commercials right from your computer screen.
If you'd like even more ways to access your DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box, there are apps available for iPhone and BlackBerry® that let you stream shows straight to your mobile device.
What's in the Box:
- Slingbox Solo
- 6' A/V cable (RCA stereo and composite video connectors on both ends)
- AC adapter with attached 5' output cord (5 volts DC/4 amps)
- 6' CAT-5 Ethernet cable
- IR remote flashers with 6' cable (single 2.5mm mini-plug on one end and 2 IR flashers on the other)
- Quick start guide
- watch programs from your DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box from any computer with an Internet connection
- standard-definition video playback
- connects to your DVR, cable box, or satellite receiver
- connects to your wired home network (Ethernet cable included)
- control playback at your computer using the on-screen SlingRemote interface (compatible with PCs and Macs)
- component video, S-video, composite video, and RCA stereo audio pass-through connections
- includes IR flasher to control connected TV source component
- USB input for connecting a thumb drive or external hard drive
- AC adapter
- 8-5/8"W x 2"H x 4-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
System requirements for SlingServer software:
- broadband Internet connection
- requires software download from SlingMedia site
- requires Windows® XP or Vista for initial setup (playback possible on PCs and Macs)
- web browser (Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2 or higher)
- 1GB RAM
Slingbox SOLO (Model SB260) Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Slingbox Solo allows you to access and control an A/V signal on your home system from anywhere you have a broadband internet connection (broadband internet also required for your home network to upload the Slingbox output). One source is routed to the Slingbox, either high definition (component video) or standard definition (composite or S-video); an HD source is downconverted to SD before streaming. The Slingbox connects to your home network via the Ethernet port on the rear panel and you access the system using your PC or Mac after downloading the free SlingPlayer software from slingmedia's web site. SlingPlayer Mobile can be purchased separately to stream audio and video to a PDA, smart phone, or other compatible portable device. The Slingbox can also be accessed using an optional SlingCatcher (item number 744SC100, sold separately), which is connected to a different TV.
Note: If you only access the Slingbox from within your home network, no broadband internet connection is needed because you're not uploading the output.
Control: When accessing Slingbox with your computer, a virtual on-screen remote gives you control of your cable box, DVR, satellite tuner, DVD player, etc; commands are sent to the external components via the two included IR flashers. Even without a DVR at home, the computer acts as a buffer, allowing you to pause (up to 60 minutes), rewind, and fast forward live TV (available for Windows only). If using the optional SlingCatcher, an IR remote is included. You can also access your Slingbox using a different computer that doesn't have SlingPlayer downloaded, via slingmedia's web site.
- Windows Vista or XP (Service Pack 2)
- Intel Pentium IV 1.3 GHz processor (3 GHz for high definition video)
- 1 GB RAM (Vista)/512 MB RAM (XP)
- 150 MB free hard disc space
- 24-bit color graphics card
- 16-bit sound card
- Network connectivity
- PowerPC G4/G5 800 MHz or Intel processor
- OS X v10.3.9 or later
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 150 MB free hard disc space
- Network connectivity
Internet Connection: A home network router and broadband cable or DSL internet connection are required to stream video.
HD Input: High definition component video (up to 1080i) with stereo RCA audio jacks
SD Input: Standard definition composite video and S-video with stereo RCA audio jacks
Outputs: The HD and SD inputs have corresponding outputs to pass all signals through to your TV
IR: 2.5mm sub mini-jack for use with the included IR flashers
Ethernet: RJ-45 port used to connect to your network
Power: Input for the included 5 volt/4 amp DC power supply included
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.