NAD C 538
Single-disc CD player
Our take on the NAD C 538 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
No-nonsense musical fidelity
I've always admired the solid, no-nonsense feel I get from NAD components. For instance, the NAD C 538 CD player offers a clean, easy-to-operate front panel with raised buttons, and a vacuum fluorescent display that provides important title, track, and time information.
Inside the vibration-resistant chassis, there's a custom-designed power supply, and a 24-bit/192kHz Wolfson digital-to-analog converter that ensures precise, accurate playback of your favorite discs.
A versatile performer
The C 538 is compatible with a variety of discs, ranging from regular CDs to home-burned CD-Rs filled with MP3 and WMA files. The included remote gives you command of the basics like "play" and "stop," plus access to repeat, random, and program modes from the comfort of your favorite chair.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and discs with MP3s and WMA files
- vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) shows settings and disc playback information
- repeat, random, and program play
- forward and reverse skip and search functions
- display dimmer
- wireless remote
- detachable power cord
- regulated active power supply
- Wolfson 24-bit/192KHz digital-to-analog converter
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- stereo RCA outputs
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17-3/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 9-13/16"D
- weight: 6.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Why did you buy this?
crutchfield review [ Thomas Apr 17, 2018 ]