Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
NAD C 725BEE
Item # 745C725BEE | MFR # C725BEE
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the NAD C 725BEE by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
NAD created the C 725BEE stereo receiver just for music lovers. It teams up the top-notch audio performance and technology of their separates with the space-saving convenience of a single component. Boasting 50 high-current watts per channel, this receiver delivers a surprisingly powerful sonic punch that's sure to satisfy even critical listeners.
Advanced technology for stunning sound
Meticulous engineering and high-quality construction are the hallmarks of NAD components. Inside the C 725BEE, you'll find the same type of high-current toroidal transformer and discrete amplifier design that NAD uses on their best gear for dynamic, crystal-clear sound. NAD's exclusive PowerDrive™ technology automatically senses your speaker's impedance, then optimizes the receiver's power supply to deliver the most dynamic power possible. This also allows it to easily handle even hard-to-drive four ohm speaker loads. Plus, a patented distortion-canceling circuit in the receiver's output stage ensures your music stays clean and pure.
Flexible connections and convenience
The C 725BEE's back panel offers enough inputs to hook up a total of five audio components. There's a port for iPod® integration with an optional NAD dock.) A minijack input on the front makes it easy to connect a portable music player. A set of preamp out/main-amp input jacks let you add an external power amp for future system expansion. And NAD included an output for easily connecting a powered subwoofer. Plus, the receiver's RS232 port and infrared flasher connections allow you to operate this receiver as part of a whole-house system.
I have been very pleased with my new NAD C 725BEE It has preformed very well producing nice clean sound even while driving a set of vintage AR 2ax speakers. I would recommend this reciever to anyone who wanted a great quality amp for a very reasonable price.
Don D, Rutherfordton,NC
What's in the Box:
- Stereo receiver
- SR 8 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" Batteries
- ZR 5 Second zone remote control
- CR 2025 Lithium battery
- AM loop antenna
- FM Dipole antenna
- 300 ohm/75 ohm adapter (used with FM antenna)
- 2 Pre-out/Main-in jumpers (installed)
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ German/ Swedish/ Russian)
- Warranty information
- 50 watts x 2 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- PowerDrive circuit with automatic speaker impedance sensing delivers maximum dynamic power output regardless of speaker load
- distortion-canceling circuit for high-accuracy sound
- switchable Soft Clipping circuit gently limits power output to reduce risk of speaker damage due to prolonged high volume operation
- 5 RCA audio inputs
- iPod® integration with optional NAD IPD 2)
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel minijack input for portable music players
- dual-room/dual-source audio (line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room)
- preamp-out/main-in loop for system expansion
- 1 mono RCA output for powered subwoofer
- rotary bass and treble controls with defeat switch for cleaner sound
- all-discrete circuitry
- high-current toroidal power transformer for beefy output and low-noise operation
- 30 AM/FM presets
- front-panel and remote switching for 2 pairs of speakers
- two sets of binding post speaker connectors
- switched back-panel AC outlet
- remote for main room (operates other NAD equipment)
- basic remote for second room (requires a remote control extender, not included)
- RS-232 port for operation with third-party controllers
- 12-volt trigger output
- IR input/output
- 17-1/8"W x 5-7/8"H x 15-7/8"D
- weight: 21 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
NAD C 725BEE Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Stereo RMS Power (watts)||50|
|THD in Stereo||0.02 %|
|Frequency Bandwidth (stereo)||20-20k Hz|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||102dB|
|Phono Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|Wired or Wireless Network||No|
|HD Radio Tuner||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Total Number of Zones||2|
|Multibrand Remote Control||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Total Audio Inputs||6|
|Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Speaker Output Pairs||2|
Soft Clipping: NAD's Soft Clipping circuit gently limits the output of the C 725BEE to minimize audible distortion when the amplifier is over-driven. While Soft Clipping can be left on at all times to reduce the likelihood of audible distortion from excessive volume settings, you can also turn the circuit off for critical listening if you prefer.
Pre-out/Main-in Loop: Factory jumpers connect the main amplifier input to the full range preamp outputs. This offers the flexibility of inserting an equalizer, surround processor (when using multiple amps), or another type of processor between the two stages.
Tone Defeat: Bass and treble are adjusted using the rotary knobs on the front panel. The Tone Defeat feature bypasses these controls and is engaged with a button on the front panel or the remote.
Tuner: The AM/FM tuner can store up to 40 AM or FM presets. You can assign a name to each preset, up to 12 characters. The tuner also features RDS (Radio Data System); a service used by some radio stations to transmit data other than the audio signal (program type, text information, traffic announcements, etc).
Record Out/Zone 2: The stereo RCA line level outputs can be used as a signal for a recording component (tape, CD, etc) or a second zone. The source is selected independently of the main source and is not effected by the volume control. The included ZR 5 second zone remote controls the zone 2 output.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer turns the unit off after a delay of 15 to 90 minutes (adjustable in 15 minute intervals).
Remote Control: The SR 8 wireless remote will control the C 725BEE and NAD CD players.
Front Input: A 3.5mm mini-jack input on the front panel is labeled MP (Media Player); there is also an RCA MP input on to rear panel which is automatically disconnected when the front panel input is used.
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, spade lugs up to 0.475" wide, and bare wire up to 12 gauge; there are four speaker outputs, A (left and right) and B (left and right)
- Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks for MP (Media Player), CD, Disc, Aux, and Tape
- Record Out/Zone 2: stereo RCA output jacks; used for recording or feeding zone 2
- Pre Out: stereo RCA preamp outputs; jumpers to the main amplifier inputs are factory installed
- Main In: stereo RCA preamp inputs; jumpers to the preamp outputs are factory installed
- Subwoofer Out: single RCA preamp output
- IR In: 3.5mm mini-jack input, used to control this unit using an optional infrared repeater or the IR output of another component
- IR Out: 3.5mm mini-jack output, used to control another NAD component
- 12 Volt Trigger Out: turn on/off another device along with the C 725BEE; the +12 volt trigger output is a 3.5mm mini-jack; the maximum output is 150 mA
- RS 232: the RS-232 port allows connection to a compatible PC or external whole-house control system from companies such as AMX or Crestron
- MP Dock Dataport: input for the NAD IPD-2 iPod dock
- AC Output: switched, 120 watts max
- Antenna Input:
- FM: threaded F-connector
- AM: spring terminals
- Headphone: Standard 1/4" headphone jack
- MP: 3.5mm mini-jack Media Player input
- Continuous Power: 50 watts x 2 into an 8Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.02% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Dynamic Power:
- 8Ω: 102 watts x 2
- 4Ω: 148 watts x 2
- 2Ω: 205 watts x 2
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.02% (at rated power output)
- Signal/Noise: 102 dB (A-weighted)
- Damping factor: >110 (ref 8Ω, 1 kHz)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz (+/- 0.2 dB)
- Input impedance: 20 kΩ + 1 nF
- Input sensitivity: 730 mV
- Tone control:
- Bass: +/-8 dB @ 100 Hz
- Treble: +/-5 dB@ 10 kHz
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Weight: 20.72 lbs (9.4kg)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.