Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the NAD PP-2 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A lot of receivers and amplifiers these days lack the phonograph input you need to hook up your turntable. And when manufacturers do include one, they sometimes use low-cost, low-performance circuitry that yields thin, lifeless results. NAD's clean, simple PP-2 phono preamp takes advantage of high-quality, close-tolerance parts to give you the warm, richly detailed sound that vinyl is famous for, at a bargain price.
This preamp offers inputs for both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges to ensure proper matching with virtually any turntable and cartridge combination.
works great, easy to use, love NAD stuff now I can use my 30 year old turntable again
What's in the Box:
- Phono preamplifier
- AC adapter with attached 6' output cord (24 VDC/100 mA)
- Warranty information
- Instructions and specifications on box
- compatible with moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- external power supply for reduced noise and interference
- gold-plated input and output jacks for solid, corrosion-free connections
- LED power indicator
- signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB (MM), 78dB (MC)
- rated distortion (THD 20-20,000 Hz): 0.03%
- RIAA response accuracy: +/- 0.3dB
- 5-3/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 3-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
NAD PP-2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
RIAA EQ: The built-in passive equalizer curve follows the RIAA standard within 0.3 dB.
Cartridge: The PP-2 accepts inputs from either moving magnet (MM) or moving coil (MC) cartridges. On the rear panel there are separate RCA inputs for MM and MC, and a switch to choose which you are using.
Ground: A post on the rear panel provides easy grounding for your turntable.
- Input Impedance:
- MM: 47 kΩ + 200 pF
- MC: 100 Ω + 180 pF
- MM: 34 dB
- MC: 56 dB
- Input Sensitivity: @ 200 mV output
- MM: 2.5 mV
- MC: 0.3 mV
- MM: 80 dB (A-weighted with cartridge connected)
- MC: 78 dB (A-weighted with cartridge connected)
- Input Overload: (20 Hz/1 kHz/20 kHz)
- MM: 10/102/950 mV
- MC: 0.8/9/84 mV
- THD: 0.03% (20 Hz-20 kHz)
- RIAA Response Accuracy: +/-0.3 dB
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.