NAD T 777 V3 (Factory Recertified)
7.1-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Dolby Atmos®
Item # 745RT777V3 | MFR # T777V3-RC
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the NAD T 777 V3 (Factory Recertified) by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
This factory-recertified NAD is a powerful deal
A beefy toroidal transformer lies at the heart of NAD's T 777 V3, supplying a ready reserve of power. No matter how high the peaks are in your multichannel soundtracks, the T 777 V3 delivers unwavering power to all seven channels. You'll enjoy lifelike, low-distortion sound that typical receivers can only aspire to. It's available here as a special factory-recertified buy — a great way to outfit your home theater for excellent sound and save significant dough in the process.
A lean, clean home theater machine
The T 777 V3 has a ton of important features but doesn't gum up the works with needless extras. The back surround channels can be reassigned to bi-amp a compatible pair of front speakers, for superior performance. Or you can use those same back surround channels to drive a pair of secondary speakers in one of three additional listening rooms. Line-level outputs let you pass audio signals to optional amplifiers in the other two additional rooms.
If you prefer to use your Blu-ray player's multichannel analog audio output, the T 777 V3 will give it a warm welcome with its 7.1-channel preamp input. A full set of 7.1-channel preamp output jacks lets you feed any additional amplifiers you want to incorporate into your system.
Designed with the future in mind
Clean, powerful amplification never goes out of style. But with rapidly changing audio and video technology, it can be hard to commit to new gear when something newer may be on the horizon.
That's why NAD developed Modular Design Construction. The T 777 V3's digital inputs and outputs are built into a removable circuit board. So if something better comes along, you'll have the option to upgrade your connections without buying a whole new receiver.
Immersive home theater thrills
The T 777 V3 has support for 4K and HDR video, so it works perfectly with the latest Ultra HD TVs and Blu-ray players. Dolby Atmos decoding gives you the most lifelike, multi-dimensional surround sound you can experience at home.
A world of wireless music at your fingertips
Connect the T 777 V3 to your home network for easy access to your digital music library and internet radio streaming. Bluesound's proprietary BluOS operating system lets you enjoy lag-free multi-room wireless music with compatible Bluesound speakers and components.
Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music from your computer or a compatible mobile device for a nearly limitless selection of music. You can also use it to stream audio from connected sources to a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
A free app with advanced control options
Operate your system via Wi-Fi using the BluOS Controller app with your Apple® or Android™ device, or your Windows® or Mac® computer. It gives you flexible control over your music system, letting you stream music to different Bluesound speakers and other BluOS players around your home. Play the same song in multiple rooms simultaneously, or choose different selections for each room. You can even use your Apple Watch to control your system.
A wealth of high-resolution streaming options
BluOS can send 24-bit high-res music to any room in your home, without any loss of sound quality. Stream music from your personal library or from internet streaming services. The selection of supported services — including TIDAL, Spotify®, and Rhapsody®, among others — is one of the most impressive we've seen.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup
- Dirac Live Room Correction Suite™ and NAD SpeakerIQ speaker setup with supplied microphones (firmware update required)
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- Blueound wireless streaming with included upgrade kit
- includes support for Spotify Connect, TIDAL,Slacker Radio, HighResAudio, JUKE, Deezer, Murfie, Napster, and WiMP
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- allows further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- compatible file types: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF
- supports high-resolution playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- Bluetooth® USB micro adapter for wireless music listening from a mobile device or computer
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- four-zone capability
- powered dual-room/dual-source output
- surround back amplifier channels can be assigned to power speakers in Zone 2, 3, or 4
- only analog sources can be played in additional wired listening rooms
Audio Performance Features:
- toroidal transformer delivers clean, consistent power to all channels
- NAD PowerDrive circuitry delivers extra punch to music and movies by steering power to the channels that need it
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for biamping front left and right speakers for better sound
- gold-plated A/V inputs/output connectors
- detachable power cord
- Wi-Fi® dongle and extension cable for wireless connection to your home network
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 6 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- supports HDR10
- second HDMI 1.4 monitor output supports 1080p video resolution
- 7 analog stereo RCA inputs, including 1 front-panel
- 1 front-panel 3.5mm mini stereo aux input
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical , 2 coaxial
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 11.2-channel preamp output for connecting optional external amplifiers
- RS-232 and Ethernet port for automated control systems
- 1 switched AC outlet
- 1 pair of main speaker outputs
- Modular Design Construction — digital inputs/outputs are installed on a removable circuit board, allowing a future upgrade
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- intuitive on-screen menu
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- 40 AM/FM presets
- A/V remote
- basic remote for second listening room (requires remote control extender system, not included)
- 17-1/8"W x 6-13/16H x 17-1/16"D
- weight: 45.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Refurbished 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- BluOS module (with WiFi dongle/Bluetooth dongle installed)
- Auto calibration microphone
- Main IR remote control (HTR 8)
- Zone 2 IR remote control (ZR 7)
- 4 "AA" batteries
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 23" USB extension cable
- Front-panel input cover (pre-installed)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Internet Update Guidelines
- BluOS Quick Start Guide
- BluOS/Bluesound brochure
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
80W x 7ch Amplifier (all channels driven): The power rating of 80 watts (continuous) x 7 is taken with all channels driven simultaneously into a 4Ω or 8Ω load, from 20Hz to 20kHz, at the rated distortion of 0.03% THD. The T 777 V3 provides a dynamic power of 160W/ch into 8Ω and 260W/ch into 4Ω.
- NAD's Full Disclosure Power Ratings: NAD uses Full Disclosure Power (FDP), the most demanding criterion for performance measurement. FDP specifies distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the simple and easy 1kHz @ 8 ohms test quoted by many of other manufacturers. NAD uses this stricter performance criterion because it more closely matches the demands of real music and real loudspeakers. Maintaining specified distortion at 4/8Ω and at 20-20kHz is a much more difficult achievement. The benefit of NAD's Full Disclosure Power is the total elimination of audible distortion at any listening level. This provides pinpoint imaging and realism with music and movies alike.
- PowerDrive Amplifier Technology: The T 777 V3 uses NAD's proprietary PowerDrive amplifier technology that provides high dynamic power and low impedance drive capability. By adding a second high-voltage rail to the amp's well regulated high-current power supply, the amplifier can nearly double its continuous power on a short term dynamic power basis. This uniquely efficient power supply topology provides the real world benefits of high dynamic power that remains uncompromised by low impedance speakers. The PowerDrive topology allows the T 777 V3 to deliver maximum performance under virtually any circumstance, independent of the loudspeakers it is driving. The circuitry automatically senses the impedance characteristics of the loudspeaker and will then adjust its power supply settings to best cope with that specific load. PowerDrive topology is a practical approach to enable an amplifier to easily deal with musical dynamics and difficult speaker loads. PowerDrive not only makes NAD amplifiers sound better, it makes them cooler running, with improved efficiency, leading to greater reliability as well.
- NAD Soft Clipping: The T 777 V3 incorporates NAD's unique Soft-Clipping circuitry in all seven channels. Any amplifier can be overdriven if it is played too loud, exceeding the maximum output power. Under such circumstances, amplifiers produce extreme high levels of distortion which, besides sounding very unpleasant, can damage your loudspeakers. The Soft Clipping circuit suppresses such distortion and minimizes the risk of damage to speakers. This is particularly important with movie soundtracks which often contain very dynamic outbursts in which, unlike music, it is difficult to hear this potentially damaging distortion. The Soft Clipping LED on the front panel illuminates when the Soft Clipping circuit is engaged. Soft Clipping can be defeated with a rear panel switch.
Amplifier Assignment: The T 777 V3 supports up to 7.2 channels (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual SW) for surround playback. The seven amplifier channels built into the receiver are typically used for 7.1 or 5.1.2 channel surround in the main room, but there are various amplifier configurations to accommodate your home theater setup -
- 7.2ch: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, and Surround Back L/R for Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD 7.1ch playback.
- 5.1.2ch: This amplifier configuration provides Dolby
Atmos 5.1.2ch playback with Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R,
and Overhead L/R speakers.
Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.2ch surround.
- Zone 2, 3, or 4: The receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front L/R, Center, and Surround L/R in the Main Zone; while the Surround Back amplifier can be re-assigned to power speakers in Zone 2, Zone 3, or Zone 4. This setup allows for Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1ch playback in the main zone and 2ch PCM playback in Zone 2, 3, or 4.
High Quality DAC & DSP: The NAD T 777 V3 AV Surround Sound Receiver employs a carefully selected, top-level 24-bit/192kHz Burr Brown DAC for the ultimate audiophile performance. The T 777 V3 also uses the latest high-speed Dual Core Floating Point DSP technology for popular surround formats including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The NAD T 777 V3 AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI (1-6) jacks and optical (1-2)/coax (1-2) digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X (firmware update), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The NAD T 777 V3 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos & DTS:X (future firmware update).
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the T 777 V3 that lets you to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for a 5.1.2ch home theater experience. You can also create a 5.1.4, 7.1.2, or 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup by powering the Atmos speakers with external power amplifiers using the T 777 V3's pre-outs.
- DTS:X (future firmware update required): The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the T 777 V3 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Post Decoding Formats: The NAD T 777 V3 supports Dolby Surround & DTS Neo:6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch and multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neo:6: DTS Neo:6 is an advanced matrix decoder that takes any two-channel source (including television broadcasts, CDs and DVDs) and expands it into five or six channels. It also provides separate, optimized modes for stereo music materials and matrix surround motion picture soundtracks. DTS Neo:6 brings you a more revealing sound from ordinary stereo and a more expansive home cinema experience.
Dirac Live Room Correction Technology: Proprietary Dirac Live patented room correction technology is integrated into the T 777 V3. With Dirac Live you can easily measure the acoustic characteristics of your loudspeakers and room, plus calibrate the sound system to reproduce sound as intended. Whether you use a PC or MAC computer, the Dirac Live Room Correction Suite software offers a clear improvement of your audio system by analyzing your speakers and room acoustics with the help of a measurement microphone that plugs into your computer or the T 777 V3. The software then uses this data to build an acoustic model of the listening environment and detects the deficiencies. After careful analysis, Dirac Live corrects for both the timing and amplitude aspects of the colorations in sound to deliver a uniquely pristine listening experience. Dirac Live's digital room correction will help your loudspeakers reach their full potential in any listening room. Dirac Live helps create a natural, realistic and transparent sound with tighter bass and reduced room modes, in a way previously not possible.
- System Requirements: Download the Dirac Live Calibration Tool installer onto your Windows or Mac computer. Compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8,10; as well as Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11. Both your computer (Windows or Mac) and the T 777 V3 must be connected to the same network. Make sure the T 777 V3 has the latest firmware/software update installed.
- How It Works: It takes approximately 15 minutes to calibrate your room with the Dirac Live Calibration Tool software. Test signals are sent out from the Dirac Live Calibration Tool through your audio system and loudspeakers. These signals allow the software to check the sound's behavior across the entire audio spectrum. Measurements are taken in 9 different positions to provide the best results over the entire listening area. The speakers and room are optimized in terms of the frequency response and the impulse response, both vital aspects of sound reproduction. Dirac's auto-target function will automatically suggest an appropriate target response.
EARS: Two-channel recordings, whether stereo or surround-encoded, are reproduced with proprietary NAD surround processing with signals output to the front left/right, center and discrete left/right surround channels, plus subwoofer. EARS extracts the natural ambience present in nearly all well-produced stereo recordings. It does not synthesize any ambience or other sonic elements and thus remains truer to the sound of the original musical performance than most other music-surround options. EARS offers realistic, stable "front-stage" sonic imaging and spacious but unexaggerated ambient "virtual acoustics" that remain faithful to the original recording. Select EARS for listening to stereo music recordings and broadcasts. EARS produces a subtle but highly natural and believable ambience from nearly all "natural-acoustic" stereo recordings. Typically, these include classical, jazz, and folk genre.
Stereo Modes: The NAD T 777 V3 also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well as an analog bypass stereo mode.
- Stereo: All output is directed to the front left/right channels. Low frequencies are directed to the subwoofer if one is present in the Speaker settings. Select 'Stereo' when you wish to listen to a stereo (or monaural) production, such as music CD or FM broadcast, without surround enhancement. Stereo recordings whether in PCM/digital or analog form and whether surround-encoded or not encoded, are reproduced as recorded. Multi-channel digital recordings (Dolby Digital and DTS) are reproduced in "Stereo Downmix" mode via the front left/right channels.
- Enhanced Stereo: All recordings are reproduced in stereo via the maximum speaker complement. Enhanced stereo can be useful for maximum volume from all channels or for multi-speaker background music (cocktail party) listening. For this mode, Front, Center, Surround and Back speakers can be turned ON/OFF as desired.
- Analog Bypass: All analog signals remain in the analog domain without analog-to-digital conversions. At Analog Bypass, the DSP circuitry is bypassed but full tone control functions remain. 'Bass management' or Speaker settings are also not in effect as these are DSP functions.
Direct Mode: Analog or digital sources are automatically played in their native formats. All the source's audio channels are reproduced directly. This mode recreates the original sound most faithfully, thereby producing outstandingly high-quality audio.
Tone Controls: The T 777 V3 has three Tone Control levels; Treble, Bass, Center Dialog. Bass and Treble controls only affect the low bass and high treble leaving the critical midrange frequencies free of coloration. The Center Dialog control boosts the 'presence' of the midrange region improving intelligibility of speech.
Note: Tone Defeat gives one the choice of varying or completely bypassing the tone control section of the T 777 V3.
Enhanced Bass: When the subwoofer is set to 'On' and your front speakers set to 'Large', the option 'Enhanced Bass' becomes available. Normally, with speakers set to 'Large' the subwoofer is not active. The Enhanced Bass option allows full range operation of the speakers with the additional bass contribution of the subwoofer. This feature is particularly useful when one wants to experience maximum bass output.
Note: Please note that due to acoustic cancellation effects, the bass response may be uneven when using this setting.
Gain Adjustment: Gain adjustment allows all sources to play back at the same volume level so you don't need to adjust the volume every time a new source is selected. It is generally preferable to reduce the level of the loudest source rather than making louder the softer sources.
Dolby & DTS Setup: The T 777 V3 offers the following audio settings specifically relating to Dolby Digital & DTS soundtracks.
- Dynamic Range Control: You can select the effective dynamic range (subjective range from soft to loud) for playback of Dolby Digital & DTS soundtracks. For fully cinematic effect, always select 100% (the default). Settings of 75%, 50%, and 25% progressively reduce dynamic range, making soft sounds comparatively louder while limiting the peak loudness of loud ones.
- Center Spread: The Center image is spread into the Left and Right speakers. It is designed to complement musical content or to spread the dialogue of a Dolby Digital soundtrack. It can be turned On or Off.
- Center Gain: The Center Gain adjusts for better center image in relation to the surround sound channels of a DTS soundtrack. Adjustable from 0-5.
Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The nine pair of gold-plated binding post speaker terminals (Front A left/right, Front B left/right, Center, Surround left/right, and Surround Back left/right) will accept banana plugs (single only), pin connectors, and bare wire (up to 10 gauge). The receiver supports A-B front speakers and Bi-amping of Front A speaker.
- A-B Speakers: The T 777 V3 offers Front A and Front B speakers. These speaker connections are wired in parallel inside the receiver. You can connect 4Ω speakers, if you are only going to drive one pair of speakers (A or B) at a time. You will need to connect 8Ω speakers, if you are going to drive Front A and Front B speakers simultaneously.
- Bi-Amping Front Speakers: The Surround-Back speaker terminals can be reassigned and used along with the Front terminals to bi-amp the front speakers, providing improved bass and treble performance. When bi-amping the front speakers the receiver is limited to a 5.2ch speaker system in the main room.
7.1Ch Input: The T 777 V3 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Subwoofer) for connecting an outboard processor or multi-channel analog source.
11.2ch Preout: The T 777 V3 features 11.2ch preouts (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, and Dual Sub) to connect the receiver to external power amplifiers.
Headphone Output: The NAD AV receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on the front-panel for connecting an optional pair of headphones. The unit's speaker outputs are automatically muted when a set of headphones is connected.
Front-Panel Inputs: The NAD T 777 V3 includes a 3.5mm Aux input and a stereo RCA input on the front-panel, as well as a HDMI input.
HDMI 2.0b: The NAD T 777 V3 has six HDMI 2.0b inputs (5 rear/1 front), one HDMI 2.0b output and one HDMI 1.4a output. The HDMI 2.0b jacks support for UltraHD 4K video, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color gamut, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) support. The HDMI 1.4 a output only supports up to 1080p. The two HDMI outputs are parallel, so the same video signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously.
- 4K/60Hz: The T 777 V3 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output (pass-through only - no upscaling). It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI.
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): High Dynamic Range (HDR) provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10 (no support for Dolby Vision or HLG).
Audio Return Channel (ARC): This feature of the AV receiver's HDMI 1output allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI Pass-through: When the T 777 V3 is in standby mode (power off), the HDMI source signals will continuously pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI Control (CEC) feature must be enabled in order for HDMI Pass-through to work.
3D-Ready: With the advent of 3D media, it is important to own a receiver that passes 3D video signals. The T 777 V3 is able to pass 3D signals from your Blu-ray player to your TV via the HDMI connection.
Lip Sync Delay: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals, depending on the connected video equipment. The audio signal can be delayed up to 120ms to synchronize with the video signal.
BluOS Kit: The included BluOS Kit adds wireless network audio, Bluetooth audio streaming, dual USB ports, and wireless multiroom audio playback to the NAD T 777 V3 receiver. The BluOS kit plugs into the AV receiver's rear-panel USB port.
- WiFi Dongle: A WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) dongle is pre-installed in the BluOS Kit. If you experience poor WiFi reception, unplug the WiFi dongle and plug in the included 23" USB extension along with the WiFi dongle to extend the BluOS Kit's WiFi range.
- Bluetooth Dongle: A Bluetooth dongle is pre-installed in the BluOS Kit.
- Dual USB Ports: The BluOS kits provides two USB MSC (mass storage class) device compatible ports.
Note: The T 777 V3 and the included BluOS Kit do not include a wired Ethernet connection.
BluOS Network Audio Streaming: With the BluOS Kit installed, the T 777 V3 offers wireless network audio playback, letting you stream lossless music to your home theater system from local libraries, tune into Internet Radio stations, and access popular online music streaming services. You can control the music from anywhere in the house using the BluOS Controller App for Apple (iOS 7.0+) & Android (OS 4.0+) devices, plus Windows (Vista-up) & Mac computers (OS X 10.7-up).
- Compatible Audio Files: The T 777 V3 with BluOS Kit supports both low-res and high-res audio files - including AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/MQA/WAV (24-bit/192kHz), WMA-Lossless (24-bit/96kHz), and MP3/WMA/AAC/OGG (320kbps/48kHz). BluOS has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 100,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). BluOS also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
- Online Music Services: The T 777 V3 with BluOS Kit lets you access select online music services & internet radio - including Spotify Connect, TIDAL, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Napster, & Slacker. The BluOS Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art.
- Music Library From Your Mobile Device: From the BluOS Controller App, you can stream music directly over WiFi from your Apple iOS or Android device to the NAD AV receiver and the rest of your BluOS components around your home. The app gives you complete control of your compatible mobile device's music library with song/artist information and album art.
- Computer Audio: Thanks to BluOS, the T 777 V3 will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC (Vista-up) or Mac computer (OS X 10.8-up) using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller App for Windows & Mac.
Note: The T 777 V3 does not offer a built-in AM/FM tuner. The only way to access AM/FM stations is through the TuneIn internet radio service using the BluOS Controller App.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: Thanks to the included BluOS Kit, you can wirelessly pair and connect instantly to the T 777 V3, allowing you to stream stored music and music apps wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled source device; like your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. The high performance Bluetooth aptX codec is fully supported for true CD-quality sound from aptX-compatible Bluetooth devices (like Android OS 4.0+ smartphones & tablets). There is no control or song/artist info display from the NAD AV receiver.
Dual USB-A Ports: The included BluOS Kit gives the T 777 V3 two USB (type-A) ports to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard-drive. The unit's USB ports supports high resolution audio and compressed music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Note: The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iOS or Android devices.
BluOS Wireless Multiroom Audio: The included BluOS Kit enables the NAD T 777 V3 to become part of the BluOS by Bluesound wireless multiroom audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the BluOS App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, as well as Windows PC or Mac computer over a wireless WiFi network connection. BluOS offers the ability to group other BluOS compatible wireless speakers and music players (sold separately) with the T 777 V3 for multiroom audio throughout your home. You can play the same audio source in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- High Res Synchronization: BluOS automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple BluOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing.
- Compatible Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the BluOS multiroom audio system - All of the receivers analog & digital inputs (excluding HDMI); TuneIn Internet Radio, BluOS music apps & Spotify Connect; Windows PC & MAC computer audio files; Bluetooth & USB audio; plus music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Rooms/Grouping: Up to 16 BluOS devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. If you want to connect more than 16 BluOS devices, you will need to connect the other BluOS devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Note: The NAD T 777 V3 only supports a single BluOS music stream. If you desire a second BluOS music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the Bluesound Node 2 (sold separately) to one of the AV receiver's analog inputs.
Zone 2/3/4: The T 777 V3 has three configurable Zones; Zone 2, Zone 3, and Zone 4. Each Zone consists of stereo RCA line-level output to connect an external receiver or integrated amp in other rooms of your home, allowing you to listen to 7.2ch surround in the Main Zone and 2ch stereo of a different audio source in other rooms of your home. The AV receivers surround back channels can also be configured to power a pair of speakers in either Zone 2, Zone 3, or Zone 4 (only one Zone can be powered). By powering an additional zone, the main zone will be limited to 5.2ch surround. The volume of Zone 2/3/4 can be controlled by the NAD receiver using either configuration or from your add-on integrated amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Analog Audio Inputs only
- Incompatible Sources: HDMI audio/video, Optical/Coaxial digital audio, BluOS audio (including Network, Bluetooth, & USB)
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller App turns your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (iOS 7.0+), Android smartphone/tablet (OS 4.0+) Windows (Vista-up) PC or Mac (OS X 10.7-up) computer into a full-featured remote control for the BluOS wireless music system. The BluOS Controller App on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with BluOS devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on BluOS, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller App.
NAD AV Remote App: Download the free NAD AV Remote App from the Apple Apps Store to control the T 777 V3 from your Apple iOS 6.0+ device (including iPod touch, iPhone, & iPad). Control, adjust and select basic functions - including power, volume, source, and listening mode for all zones with the touchscreen of your compatible iOS device.
Note: The NAD AV Remote App is currently not compatible with Android.
Dual IR Remotes: The NAD T 777 V3 comes with two IR remote controls - one for the Main Zone and one for Zone 2.
- Main Remote: The HTR 8 IR remote controls the T 777 V3 and is pre-coded with controls for other NAD components. The IR remote also features a "learning function" which allows you to teach commands to the HTR 8 from another remote controller, regardless of brand. The HTR 8's key-illumination can be set to remain lit for 0-9 seconds. A 'macro' command is a series of two or more remote codes issued automatically from a single key-press. The HTR 8 can store one macro on each of its function keys.
- Zone 2 Remote: The included ZR 7 is a discrete compact IR remote for controlling the Zone 2 features of the T 777 V3; it allows control of the Zone 2 volume and source selection, as well as other applicable functions. The ZR 7 will work from a different room using an IR sensor and hub or the IR sensor of a compatible NAD component in the second zone (either must be wired back to the location of the T 777 V3).
Note: The ZR 7 remote control will only control Zone 2 applications. Zone 3 and Zone 4 can be configured and managed at the appropriate Zone OSD menu using the T 777 V3's front-panel navigations buttons, as well as the corresponding keys on the HTR 8 remote control.
HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronic Control): Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is a set of commands that utilizes HDMI's two-way communication to allow for single remote control of any CEC-enabled devices connected with HDMI. A CEC command will trigger the necessary commands over HDMI for an entire system to auto-configure itself to respond to the command.
- Power: The T 777 V3 will automatically go to standby mode if it receives a CEC standby command. On the other hand, if the T 777 V3 receives a CEC power up command, the T 777 V3 will correspondingly switch ON from standby mode.
- Source Switch: The T 777 V3 will automatically switch sources if another CEC device requests a Source change. For example, if Play is pressed on a BD Player with CEC, the T 777 V3 and TV with CEC will automatically switch to their respective input connections; the T 777 V3 switching to the HDMI input where the BD Player is connected while the TV will switch to its input where the T 777 V3's HDMI Monitor Out is connected.
- Audio System: The T 777 V3 will broadcast a CEC message indicating it is an active audio system. A CEC compatible TV will usually mute its audio output when this happens. When this option is enabled, the T 777 V3 will also respond to CEC volume and mute commands. For example, a CEC TV may forward the volume commands from its remote to the T 777 V3.
Custom Integration Remote Options: The NAD T 777 is fitted with the following custom integration remote inputs & outputs.
- +12V Trigger Outputs/Input: The three +12V trigger outputs (3.5mm) let you turn on/off other devices along with the T 777 V3. The +12V trigger input lets you turn on/off the T 777 V3 from another device.
- IR Input/Outputs: There is an IR input (3.5mm), used to control this unit using an optional infrared repeater or the IR output of another component. There are also three IR outputs (3.5mm) used to control another compatible component.
- RS-232 Port: The rear-panel RS-232 port allows connection to a compatible PC or external whole-house control system from companies such as AMX or Crestron. NAD is a certified partner of AMX and Crestron and fully supports these external devices.
- Ethernet Port: The T 777 V3 is fitted with a Ethernet Port (RJ-45) to connect to your home network for IP control. With your PC and the T 777 V3 on the same network, it allows remote control of the T 777 V3 via compatible external controllers.
Switched AC Outlet: This convenient 3-prong outlet can supply switched AC power to another component or accessory. The total draw off all devices connected to this outlet must not exceed 120 watts.
MDC (Modular Design Construction): MDC ends the frustration of having to replace your entire AV surround sound receiver just to keep pace with the ever-changing world of AV electronics. NAD's most important recent innovation, MDC battles technology obsolescence by allowing you to upgrade the T 777 V3 with new connectivity and features as new technology becomes available. MDC places all the input circuitry on easily removable plug-in cards; your investment is protected because a single card, rather than the entire receiver, can be replaced when a new format is introduced.
OSD (On-Screen Display): In addition to the unit's front-panel display, the T 777 V3 employs a simple, self-explanatory on-screen display menus system which will appear on your connected television. The OSD is available through the unit's HDMI 1 output only.
Source Configuration: The T 777 V3 is equipped with ten configurable Sources. A particular Source can be enabled or disabled, renamed, assigned analog and digital audio sources, video sources, A/V Presets, Trigger settings, among other settings.
AV Preset: The T 777 V3's 'AV Presets' allow you to customize your audio-video playback, and recall them with a single key-press. The parameters 'Listening Mode', 'DSP Options' and 'Tone Controls', together with 'Speaker Setup' and 'Display Setup' are stored together as a single AV Preset. You may create one AV Preset optimized for pop music and another for classical. One more AV Preset can be set up to recall each family member's favorite setting or one for fully cinematic home-theater playback, and yet another one for late-night movies; with each AV Preset fine-tuned to a particular scenario or preference.
Auto Standby & Sleep Timer: The T 777 V3 can be setup to automatically go into standby mode if there is no audio signal or user interface interaction within 30 minutes. The Sleep Timer will switch the T 758 V3 to Standby mode automatically after a preset number of minutes (15 to 90 minutes in 15 minute increments).
Protection Circuits: This AV receiver utilizes a combination of fuse and electronic nonintrusive protection. Each channel is fully protected against excess temperature, DC fault, and, loudspeaker short-circuit.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.