AC 1900 dual-band Wi-Fi® router and cable modem
Our take on the Linksys CG7500 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Cable modem and super-fast router in one
The Linksys CG7500 modem/router lets you eliminate modem rental fees, and offers powerful, consistent Wi-Fi coverage for a medium-sized home. Your family will be able stream movies, play online games, and browse the internet glitch-free.
You'll have up to 1900 Mbps of fast, dual-band Wi-Fi for work and play, and the router's dual-core processor keeps data flowing smoothly to several connected wireless devices simultaneously. You can even use beamforming to "aim" stronger Wi-Fi where it's needed most.
Easy app setup and control
The free Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app helps you set up, monitor, and control your new router. You'll have access to some very useful advanced features:
- parental controls let you restrict access, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the internet
- prioritize devices that need the most speed - for instance, a 4K TV set
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
You'll be able to customize your network, so it does what you want, all the time.
It's easy to forget about the advantages of making direct connections to your router. The CG7500 provides four LAN ports so you can directly connect devices like desktop computers or home automation control hubs, so you can ease strain on your home wireless network while delivering top speed through the wired connection. There's a USB 2.0 port on the back, so you can share from a thumb drive or connect to a wireless printer whenever you like.
- provides fast, stable connectivity for simultaneous media streaming, online gaming and web browsing
- built-in cable modem with 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels (960Mbps download, 240Mbps upload)
- compatible with most major cable broadband providers, including Comcast Xfinity®, Time Warner®, Cox®, and Charter Spectrum®
- high-performance Intel® Puma 6™ chipset keeps traffic moving quickly
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) supported
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most
- free Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app offers smart control of your network:
- offers app-based setup and monitoring of your router
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- parental controls let you restrict access, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the internet.
- prioritize devices that need the most speed
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- security: WPA2 and 64/128-bit WEP encryption
- one WAN input for connecting to the internet (cable included)
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports for making wired connections to your devices
- one USB 2.0 port to wirelessly access and share a USB hard drive or printer
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 3-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 7-7/16"D
- weight: 2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Cable modem/WiFi router
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Details & Disclosures
- "Thank You" card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
2-In-1 Cable Modem/WiFi Router: The Linksys AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) combines a 24 x 8 channel DOCSIS 3.0 modem and a Wireless-AC WiFi router into one convenient, high-performance device. This 2-in-1 modem router eliminates the need for a separate cable modem, so you have fewer devices taking up space on your desktop. Ideal for busy households with multiple connected devices, the Linksys CG7500 offers ample bandwidth for 4K video streaming, online gaming, and other data-heavy activities.
Note: You will need a high-speed Internet account through an Internet cable provider in order to use this Cable modem/WiFi router combo. If you do not have a high-speed Internet account, your cable service provider can set up your account for Internet service. See compatible Internet Cable providers below.
Works With Major Cable Providers: The Linksys AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) delivers stable high-speed connectivity for existing Internet service plans of up to 300 Mbps. The CG7500 is certified to work with Internet service plans from major cable providers - including Comcast Xfinity and Charter Spectrum. Owning your own modem allows you to eliminate rental fees from your service provider, giving you a savings of up to $120 a year on modem rental fees.
- It is highly recommended to first contact your ISP to verify if your modem is part of their list of supported modems. You will also need to give the Serial Number (SN) and the Media Access Control (MAC) Address of the Linksys CG7500 (located on back label).
- The Linksys CG7500 will not work with Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) service.
DOCSIS 3.0: Certified for the current DOCSIS 3.0 cable Internet standard, the Linksys CG7500 can handle high-bandwidth transfer rates. It delivers over existing cable lines with DOCSIS 3.0 speeds of up to 960 Mbps. Its also backwards compatible with DOCSIS 1.1 and 2.0.
WiFi 802.11ac: Ideal for busy households with multiple connected devices, the AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) ensures that you'll always have enough bandwidth for your task--even when multiple devices are connected at the same time. The modem router features speeds up to 4.3x faster than Wireless-N. And with 3x3 AC WiFi, the router broadcasts three data streams to ensure ultra-fast WiFi performance. The LinksysCG7500 router supports the following WiFi standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac.
2.4/5GHz Dual-Band + 6 Internal Omni-Directional Antennas: The AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) features two dedicated WiFi bands and six omni-directional, internal planar inverted-f antennas (PIFA) that deliver combined speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps: a 5GHz band for video streaming, gaming, and ultra-fast media sharing; and a 2.4GHz band that's ideal for activities such as emailing, web surfing, and wireless printing. The modem router provides enough bandwidth to support 12+ devices simultaneously without lag or buffering.
- Band 1 (2.4GHz): Optimal speeds up to 600Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- Band 2 (5GHZ): Faster speeds up to 1300Mbps for newer Wireless-AC devices.
Intel Puma Chipset: To achieve high-speed downstream and upstream performance, the CG7500 features an Intel Puma 6 chipset. Designed to be a flexible and high-performing solution, the Puma 6 chipset will facilitate cutting-edge data service offerings as broadband speeds continue to advance. The Linksys CG7500 has a download speed of up to 960 Mbps and an upload speed of up to 240 Mbps, making it ideal for Internet speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
24 Downloaded x 8 Uploaded Bonded Channels: Maximize the data transfer speeds of your current Internet service plan with 24 download and 8 upload bonded channels on the AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500). These multiple channels enable you to optimize media streaming and file transfers using the CG7500 by simultaneously transferring large amounts of data over many channels. The result is more effective and efficient usage of your existing cable broadband connection.
4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: In addition to WiFi Connectivity, the Linksys CG7500 is outfitted with four Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) ports. Connect more devices and share files at speeds 10x faster than Fast Ethernet with these four Gigabit Ethernet ports that can reach speeds up to 1000Mbps.
F-Type Coaxial Connector: The AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) is outfitted with an F-type coaxial RF (75-ohm) connector for connection to an active cable signal from your wall cable provider jack to the modem.
USB 2.0 Port: The Linksys CG7500 has a USB 2.0 port which is capable of supporting an external hard disk or flash drive with up to 1100mA current draw. This port supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and HFS+ journaled and non-journaled file format systems. Share audio, video, photo, and document files; plus add external storage across your network with the USB 2.0 port.
DLNA & UPnP Compliant: The Linksys CG85-- supports DLNA & UPnP for connectivity and streaming between compatible network devices. The Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) both have a set of guidelines that allow interconnectivity between network devices.
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP): UPnP allows devices that are connected to a network to easily discover each other and automatically create a working configuration. By enabling UPnP, you will be able to automatically forward the needed ports for a certain device or application. Examples of UPnP-capable devices include web cameras, gaming consoles, routers, computers, VOIP, and mobile devices. This is very useful especially if you want to do data sharing, communicate with another device in the network, or for entertainment purposes such as video conferencing and gaming.
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA): DLNA is an international collaboration of Consumer Electronics (CE), computing industry and mobile device companies. They developed a concept of wired and wireless interoperable networks where digital content such as photo, music, and videos can be shared through consumer electronics, personal computers and mobile devices in and beyond your home. DLNA-enabled products are designed to be easy to install, affordable, must interoperate with each other without requiring the consumer to undergo complex or tedious setup, and configuration for connection between devices.
Note: In general, all DLNA-capable devices are also UPnP-capable since the former is derived from the later. Also, DLNA uses UPnP to discover and control different devices.
Advanced Security Modes: The Linksys CG7500 supports WEP, WPA2 Personal, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA2/WPA Mixed Personal, and WPA2/WPA Enterprise on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Its provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Guest Access & Parental Controls: Guest Access is a way to share internet access with your friends and family. Guests can get online, but they can't see or access other connected devices. You can turn guest access on and off, give it a name and password, and set the number of guest devices allowed. Parental Controls ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
DMZ & Port Forwarding: The DMZ feature allows one local user to be exposed to the Internet for use of a special-purpose service such as Internet gaming and Videoconferencing (VC). The DMZ hosting forwards all the ports at the same time to one computer. Port Forwarding is more secure compared to enabling the DMZ feature because it only opens the ports you want to open.
Web-Based Setup Wizard: Setting up the Linksys CG7500 is made fast and easy because of its CD-less setup using a web-based Setup Wizard. The built-in browser based Setup Wizard of the Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) guides you through provisioning and customizing the router settings. Compatible web browsers include Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Firmware Updates: Firmware updates for the Linksys CG7500 are provided by your ISP. Click here for a list of Cable company contact information. No firmware upgrades are provided by Linksys for this product.
AC Power Adapter: The Linksys AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CG7500) includes an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged directly into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.