Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker
Item # 751VG1 | MFR # VG1
$149.99 Earn up to 150 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Soundcast VG1 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Built strong for the music-lover
Your outdoor adventures require a portable Bluetooth speaker that's rugged and durable. Your ears require one that puts out strong, detailed sound. The Soundcast VG1 delivers on both counts. Its rugged housing is both waterproof and shock-resistant. And the VG1 gives you clean, accurate sound. You can even pair two VG1s for two-channel stereo.
Speakerphone and Siri®
When you receive a call on your paired phone, the VG1 becomes a speakerphone. If it is paired with an iPhone®, the microphone lets you use Siri voice commands to control your phone.
The compact VG1 features two aluminum-cone speakers for rich, detailed, full-range sound. A weighted passive radiator reinforces the low tones. The speaker features aptX® audio coding, an advanced form of Bluetooth that allows higher-fidelity sound with compatible devices.
Ready to travel
The built-in rechargeable battery powers up to 15 hours of playback. The speaker's detachable lanyard can be looped from your wrist, backpack, or bike handlebars for easy transport.
An auxiliary input lets you play music from portable devices. Just use the included 3.5mm stereo minijack cable to connect to your device's headphone jack. You even get an accessory bag to keep everything together.
- built-in Bluetooth
- Bluetooth aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- built-in microphone for hands-free calls and Siri voice commands
- IP67-rated waterproof and shock-resistant
- durable splash-proof rubber housing
- 2 aluminum-cone full-range drivers with rear-firing passive radiator
- pair two VG1 speakers for two-channel stereo (second VG1 available separately)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input for portable devices (stereo minijack cable included)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours
- USB charging cable
- accessory travel bag
- 6-13/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 2-5/16"D
- weight: 1 lb.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 3' microUSB-to-USB cable
- 3' Stereo minijack cable
- Accessory bag
- User Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Speakerphone Mic||HFP, HSP|
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Built-in Bluetooth 4.2: The Soundcast VG1 features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), plus hands-free communication (HFP/HSP). You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth source devices to the VG1, but only one device can be connected at a time for wireless music playback and hands-free speakerphone.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ aptX): You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other content on your Bluetooth enabled smartphone (including iPhone & Android), tablet (including iPad & Android), laptop (including Windows & Mac), or desktop computer (including Windows & Mac) to the Soundcast VG1 speaker. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the VG1 lets you enjoy high-quality Qualcomm aptX (compatible with most Androids) & AAC (compatible with iPhone) audio codecs, so you can enjoy the highest quality sound that is rich and crystal clear. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Volume Up/Down and Play/Pause from the VG1 speaker.
- Hands-Free Speakerphone: Thanks to a built-in microphone and controls, you can use the VG1 as a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone for your smartphone (including iPhone & Android). You can answer and end calls from the VG1 speaker (more advanced phone functions will still need to be done from your smartphone). The built-in mic carries on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through the VG1 speaker.
Note: If the VG1 is paired with an iPhone 4S or newer, the built-in microphone lets you use Siri voice commands to control music playback and make phone calls.
Immersive Sound: Two aluminum-cone drivers with butyl rubber surrounds deliver rich, clear audio; while a rear-firing weighted passive radiator provides deep bass extension.
True Wireless Stereo (TWS): True Wireless Stereo (TWS) lets you sync two Soundcast VG1 speakers together over Bluetooth for dedicated left and right stereo playback.
Shock Resistant Waterproof Enclosure (IP67): The Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth speaker features a shock resistant and waterproof enclosure (IP67-rated). Its rugged design lets you take it almost anywhere - camping, pool-side, on the beach, or in the backyard.
Rechargeable Battery: The Soundcast VG1's internal rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery (3.7V/2900mAh) provides up to 15 hours of playback (varies by volume level). The internal battery can be recharged by plugging the included microUSB-to-USB cable into a USB port on a computer or USB/AC power adapter. A full charge takes about 3.5 hours (depends on power source).
Note: A LED indicator will light red when charging and will turn off when fully charged. When low on power, the LED indicator will blink red.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Soundcast VG1 is outfitted with a 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable audio player with an analog or headphone output.
Analog Output: A 3.5mm analog output allows you to daisy-chain multiple VG1 speakers together for even more sound.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.