Weather-resistant portable Bluetooth® speaker
Our take on the Soundcast VG5 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The VG5 delivers great 360° outdoor sound.
Great sound for the great outdoors
Whether you want tunes for a pool party or an overnight camping trip, the Soundcast VG5 delivers. This portable Bluetooth speaker gives spacious and detailed 360° sound. The VG5 has built-in Bluetooth plus aptX® audio coding. So you can stream high-fidelity audio from compatible devices for near CD-quality sound.
Premium 360° sound
The VG5 features a 6" long-throw down-firing woofer. Its injection-molded ploypropylene cone ensures clean, clear bass. The two 3" full-range drivers are set in a transverse-firing array to create a spacious, 360° soundfield. You'll enjoy rich, detailed sound wherever you sit in relation to the VG5.
Power and portability
Use the included AC wall adapter to make the VG5 a powered speaker. Or make the VG5 portable with the included battery pack. The rechargeable battery gives you up to 10 hours of continual play. You can even pair two VG5's via Bluetooth for stereo sound. capacitive touch-wheel.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2
- aptX audio coding for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- two 3" full-range drivers with down-firing long-throw 6" subwoofer for 360° sound
- 2 Class D amplifiers with a total of 70 watts RMS
- 5 watts x 2 for full-range drivers, and 60 watts for the subwoofer
- pair two VG5 speakers for two-channel stereo (second VG5 available separately)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input for portable devices (stereo minijack cable included)
- rechargeable internal battery lasts up to 10 hours (USB charging cable included)
- AC power adapter
- 7-3.4"W x 17"H x 7-3/4"D
- 11.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- Rechargeable battery pack
- AC power adapter (attached 6" DC cord)
- 4 AC power plug inserts (US/AU/EU/UK)
- 3' Stereo minijack cable
- User Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||Yes|
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Soundcast VG5 features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other content on your Bluetooth enabled smartphone (including iPhone & Android), tablet (including iPad & Android), laptop (including Windows & Mac), or desktop computer (including Windows & Mac) to the Soundcast VG5 speaker. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Volume Up/Down from the VG5 speaker.
- Codecs: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the VG5 lets you enjoy high-quality Qualcomm aptX (compatible with most Androids) & AAC (compatible with iPhone) audio codecs, so you can enjoy the highest quality sound that is rich and crystal clear.
- Pairing: The VG5 supports SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) & NFC (Near Field Communication) to wirelessly connect your devices. Simple Secure Pairing allows you to wirelessly pair most Bluetooth device without having to enter a pin-code. Near Field Communication allows you to wirelessly pair Android OS 4.0+ and other devices that support NFC by simply touching the device to the VG5 speaker. You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth source devices to the VG5, but only one device can be connected at a time for wireless music playback.
Note: The Soundcast VG5 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Soundcast VG5 is outfitted with a 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable audio player with an analog or headphone output. The VG5 will automatically switch over to the Aux source when an audio device is plugged into the 3.5mm input. The Aux input is protected by a rubber cover.
Stereo 360º Sound: The Soundcast VG5 is equipped with two 3" full-range drivers and one 6" long-throw woofer powered by a 24-bit DSP controlled Class-D 70W amplifier for clean, clear stereo sound at any volume level.
- Dual 3" Full-Range Drivers: The two 3" full-range drivers are configured in a stereo 360º array for immersive sound. Each full-range driver features an aluminum cone, butyl rubber surround, and a high SPL Neodymium motor design.
- 6" Long-Throw Woofer: The one 6" long-throw, down-firing woofer features a high-performance IMPP (Injected Molded Polypropylene) cone with butyl rubber surround for surprising bass from a compact speaker. The woofer's efficient BL ferrite motor design provides increased battery life.
True Wireless Stereo (TWS): True Wireless Stereo (TWS) lets you sync two Soundcast VG5 speakers together over Bluetooth for dedicated left and right stereo playback.
Weather Resistant: The Soundcast VG5 Bluetooth speaker features a weather resistant enclosure. Its rugged design lets you take it almost anywhere - camping, pool-side, on the beach, or in the backyard. It also features an integrated carry-handle which makes it easy to move around.
Simple Control: The Soundcast VG5 features a capacitive touch interface to power the speaker on/off, adjust the volume, and control basic playback function. A fuel-gauge LED array shows power, battery and volume. Both are found on the top of the speaker.
AC or Battery Power: The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (2600mAh) provides up to 10 hours of playback (varies by volume level). The included battery pack can be recharged using the included AC power adapter. The AC power adapter can also be used to supply power to the speaker for playback. A LED indicator will light red when charging and will turn orange when fully charged. When low on power, the LED indicator will blink red.
Note: The lithium-ion battery will need to be installed and then charged prior to use. You'll need to remove four screws from the bottom of the speaker to access the battery compartment. The lithium-ion battery will install here and plug into the 6-pin connector. Once the battery is connected, you will need to reinstall the screws and battery compartment lid.
USB Charging (5V/1A): The VG5 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB-A (5V/1A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback. The USB charging port is protected by a rubber cover.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.