Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Hoya ND4X HMC Filter
Neutral density filter for compatible digital camera lenses (72mm)
Item # 762A72ND4X | MFR # A-72ND4X-GB
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Hoya ND4X HMC Filter by Crutchfield's Tara W.
This Hoya filter attaches to the front of your lens, protecting it from minor bumps and scratches and reducing the amount of incoming light. In bright outdoor environments, this allows you to use a larger aperture for a decreased depth of field great for portraiture. Or use a slower shutter speed to softly blur moving subjects like waterfalls. A special coating reduces flare and ghosting.
kevino839, Southport, NC
What's in the Box:
- 72mm ND (Neutral Density) filter
- Storage case
- glass lens filter
- protects lens from bumps, scratches, and dust
- multi-layer coatings reduce ghost images and flare
- reduces the amount of light entering the lens, so you can:
- use a wider aperture for a decreased depth of field
- use a slower shutter speed to blur moving subjects
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Hoya ND4X HMC Filter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: ND filters appear grey and reduce the amount of light reaching the camera's lens. They have no affect on overall color balance of your photograph. The four main uses of an ND filter are:
- To enable slow shutter-speeds to be used to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, cars, the ocean, etc.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background.
- To decrease the effective ISO of high-speed photography (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations.
- To allow movie and video cameras (which have fixed shutter-speeds) to film subjects such as snow, and, or other bright scenes which would normally cause overexposure.
Note: This filter fits most lenses with a 72mm thread diameter.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.