Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lowepro Pro Trekker 400 AW
Backpack-style camera bag
Item # 766LP36118 | MFR # LP36118-PEU
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Lowepro Pro Trekker 400 AW by Crutchfield's David Brown
The Pro Trekker 400 AW from Lowepro is designed for the serious photographer looking for adventure. This roomy and rugged backpack can transport your pro DSLR with grip and attached 400mm lens up the mountain and down the slopes, while keeping all your gear carefully organized and safe from damage. The interior's padded dividers accommodate camera bodies, lenses and flashes, and a removable laptop sleeve can hold up to a 15.4-inch widescreen. External zippered pockets, tripod sleeves and SlipLock™ attachment loops let you add on even more equipment. There's also dedicated pocket for holding your favorite portable hydration system.
Lowepro's patented All Weather Cover means just that: all weather. Pull the built-in cover over the Pro Trekker 400 AW for protection from the elements, whether you're shooting a ski adventure in heavy snow or trekking through a damp and misty rainforest. You can even hang ski or trekking poles on the side-mounted tripod sleeves. The Pro Trekker 400's padded shoulder straps and waist belt ensure a comfortable fit, while Lowepro's Pack Jack™ tool lets you customize the length of the pack to the length of your torso. This ensures an even distribution of weight so you can keep this pack on throughout shoots that take you across long distances and rough terrain.
- holds a pro DSLR with grip and lens attached (up to 400mm f/2.8), 4-5 additional lenses and 2 flashes
- removable laptop sleeve holds up to a 15.4" widescreen laptop
- backpack cover is also a removable waistpack with two large pockets
- 3 tripod sleeves for carrying tripods, trekking poles or ski poles
- Pack Jack tool and 10-point adjustment system let you customize the fit for optimum comfort and weight distribution
- sealed side pouch is designed to hold a hydration system (not included) containing up to 70 oz. of liquid
- bottom compression straps for holding a light jacket or tripod
- removable accessory pouch
- SlipLock loops for attaching optional Lowepro cases and pouches
- safety whistle
- exterior dimensions: 15-7/16"W x 21-5/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- interior dimensions: 11-3/8"W x 17-5/16"H x 6-1/2"D
- laptop sleeve dimensions: 10-3/16"W x 15-3/16"H x 1"D
- weight: 7.2 lbs.
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee