Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lowepro Flipside 500 AW
Pivoting, high-capacity backpack for pro-sized DSLR cameras
Item #: 766LP36412
This item is no longer available.
Lowepro Flipside 500 AW
Our take on the Lowepro Flipside 500 AW by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Day 4 of the Pacific Crest hike, and around every corner, the view that awaits seems better than the last. But the footing is tricky, so you're even more grateful than usual that you can easily access all your gear without shedding your pack. Your experienced eye takes in the scene, looking for the best angle for that amazing mountain vista.
All this while you're tirelessly snapping photos of your hiking club partners, charging across the landscape. It was good thinking on your part to house your gear in the Lowepro Flipside 500 AW. Aside from protecting your pro-sized DSLR with attached grip and big 500mm telephoto lens in almost any weather, it holds additional tools, like extra camera bodies, lenses, a tablet, and some flash units. It has attachment points for carrying a tripod, monopod, or hiking pole, not to mention a zippered pouch for personal items and small accessories. And the padded waist belt and contoured shoulder straps distribute weight evenly. You'll be keeping your head up, watching for great shots and loose footing, instead of falling behind the crowd searching for gear.
- adjustable camera compartment makes a customizable space for a pro-sized DSLR camera with 500mm telephoto lens, extra lenses/flash units, and a tablet or small laptop
- unique back-entry compartment keeps gear at hand yet secure
- built-in all-weather (AW) cover keeps equipment safe and dry
- ripstop nylon construction
- multiple adjustment points at shoulders, sternum and waist make for a custom fit
- body-side access design offers quick access to gear; a quick shedding of the shoulder straps and the pack rotates about your body
- attachment points for a tripod or monopod; also for a trekking pole or ice axe
- back-panel zippered pocket provides storage for personal items
- breathable padding wicks moisture at back and shoulders
- external dimensions: 11-13/16"W x 20-1/8"H x 12-13/16"D
- internal dimensions: 11"W x 18-7/8"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee