Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
USB digital-to-analog converter/headphone amplifier (Red)
Item # 773UDAC2R | MFR # NF-ICON-uDAC2-Red
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the NuForce uDAC-2 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Get better sound from your PC
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an easy way to pipe music from your PC into your home stereo or desktop sound system and have it sound great? And not cost a fortune? This is where the NuForce uDAC-2 comes in. This tiny, pocket-sized component allows your computer and your audio system to become perfect partners. The uDAC-2 connects to a USB output on your computer and feeds your digital music through its built-in, high-quality digital-to-analog converter. From there, your tunes are output as analog audio signals ready for playback through your stereo. If you've never heard your digital music played through a high-quality DAC, you're in for a big treat. Every instrument and vocal stands out clearly and distinctly in its own separate space, allowing you to easily follow each one note-for-note. And you'll feel immersed in sound, with a greater sense of ambient space around you.
Outstanding sound through your headphones, too
Good headphones are the most economical way to get a taste of high-end audio. But you won't get high-end sound out of your headphones if you plug them straight into your laptop. That's because your computer's soundcard is handicapped by having to operate in the noisy environment inside your PC. And most computer manufacturers use low-cost, low-performance circuitry to power their headphone jacks. The headphone amp inside the uDAC-2 will quickly spoil you. It gives you richer, deeper bass and clearer highs while revealing layers of musical detail that ordinary headphone jacks obscure.
Easy to setup and use
Operation is simple just plug the NuForce into any USB port on your computer, where it will install itself and be ready for use in a matter of seconds. There are no external power supplies to worry about because the uDAC-2 draws its power through the USB connection. The handy volume control lets you control listening levels, and turn power on and off.
sounds fantastic worth the money this puts the life back into the music tried the hifi man express and this is a lot better
lee, hillsboro, missouri
What's in the Box:
- uDAC-2 USB Digital to analog converter
- 38" USB cable (USB Type-A on one end and USB Type-B on the other)
- Owner's manual
- built-in 96kHz/24-bit USB DAC
- high-performance headphone amplifier (16 ohm to 300 ohm headphone impedance recommended)
- tiny, pocket-sized design for great portability
- powered by USB connection no need for external power supply
- low power consumption
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output
- 1 pair RCA analog audio outputs
- coaxial digital audio output
- highly linear TOCOS volume control for improved channel tracking at low listening levels
- high-voltage 2V analog output
- no capacitors in any audio signal paths for cleaner sound
- USB Type B input
- 38" USB (Type A to Type B) cable included
- 2-3/4"W x 7/8"H x 1-11/16"D (3-7/8"D including cable and volume knob)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
NuForce uDAC-2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The μDAC2 digital to analog converter is designed to connect between your computer's USB port and desktop audio system, or your primary audio system if you prefer. The input is a USB Type-B port (USB Type-A to USB Type-B cable included) and there are three outputs; stereo analog RCA, coaxial digital RCA, and 3.5mm headphones. All of the outputs are controlled by the rotary power/volume knob and the analog RCA and coaxial digital outputs are muted when headphones are plugged into the front panel mini-jack output. A small LED on the front panel lights when the μDAC2 is turned on.
- Power Supply: powered by computer's USB
- Input: rear panel USB Type-B; compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0 (full speed and high speed); USB cable included; 96 kHz maximum sampling rate; 24-bit resolution
- Analog Line Output: rear panel stereo RCA; 2.0 volts RMS; dynamic range 110 dB; S/N 98 dB
- Headphone Output: front panel 3.5mm stereo mini-jack; 80 mW x 2 @ 16 ohms; S/N 98 dB; THD+N 0.05%
- Digital Output: coaxial digital RCA; 75-ohms
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.