Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
FM clock radio with Bluetooth® and USB charging
Item # 775IBN97 | MFR # IBN97GC
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the iHome iBN97 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
With the iBT97 clock radio, you've got options, and lots of them.
First, the iBT97 comes with a built-in FM radio — so you can enjoy it as is, right out of the box. But the system also has Bluetooth, so you can wirelessly stream music to it from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or other compatible device.
The system also features NFC (Near Field Communication). Just touch a compatible portable device — such as a smartphone or tablet — to the iBT97 for instant wireless pairing. Then with one touch you can play music, stream audio from videos amd games through the iBT97 — without wires and without logging into a network.
Because the iBT97GC uses a USB charging port, you can place just about any tablet or smartphone on the system's cradle. (tablet not included)
Sound and talk options
No matter what the source, the iBT97 delivers your music with clear, spacious sound. Specially designed speaker chambers ensure the stereo speakers work at optimal efficiency.
No more scrambling for the phone in the middle of the night. The iBT97 functions as a speakerphone with your connected smartphone. Just press a button on the system's control panel to activate the built-in microphone and take the call. The microphone is designed to minimize room echo, keeping your voice clear to your caller.
A USB port lets you charge just about any portable device straight from the iBT97. Just connect your device's USB charging cable to the system. You can place your smartphone, tablet or portable music player in either an upright or horizontal position as it's charging.
You can choose to wake up by electronic tone, an FM radio station, or anything from your paired device. So select your favorite music app, Internet radio station, or stored music track and get a good night's sleep. In the morning, music from your favorite source will be there to wake you up and start the day right.
Does all that it is represented to do and does it well. No problems.
Tar Hell, North Carolina
What's in the Box:
- Wireless alarm clock
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- Device stand
- 15" Stereo minijack cable
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Bluetooth Connection Guide
- iHome brochure
- "Special Offers" sheet
- for smartphones and other portable devices with built-in Bluetooth
- NFC (Near Field Communication) lets you wirelessly pair with a compatible device by simply touching it to the iBN97
- digital clock with selectable alarm source (FM or paired device)
- built-in FM radio with 6 presets
- USB charging port for smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices
- built-in echo-canceling microphone for hands-free smartphone conversations
- can hold connected device in either portrait or landscape orientation
- AC power adapter
- 10-13/16"W x 3-9/16"H x 8-7/8"D
- weight: 2.85 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
iHome iBN97 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Reson8 Sound Chamber Technology: The iHome iBN97 Bluetooth speaker system employs two full-range drivers in a specially designed sealed enclosure (Reson8) to deliver clear, stereo sound. Adjustable bass, treble, and balance settings let you customize the sound.
Built-in Bluetooth (w/ NFC): The iHome iBN97 supports Bluetooth audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free communication. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button or via NFC (Near Field Communication). NFC lets you wirelessly pair with a compatible device by simply touching it to the iBN97. Once paired, the the iBN97 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The iBN97 streams stored music and music apps wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled device; such as your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, computer/PC, or other Bluetooth device. The unit provides basic music control (Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Revers, Previous/Next Track) via its top-panel controls. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The iHome iBN97 features a built-in microphone and a call/answer buttons so you can answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or use Facetime from the Bluetooth speaker system. In addition to call/answer commands, the iBN97 supports Call Waiting and Redial. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, dial a phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the iHome iBN97.
USB Charging (2.1A): The iHome iBN97 is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for charging your smartphone or tablet device (using the charging cable that came with your smartphone/tablet device). This USB port does support audio playback.
FM Radio: The iBN97 features a built-in FM tuner. You can store up to 6 FM preset stations. You can set the FM radio to US or European tuning.
Aux Input: The iBN97 Bluetooth speaker system is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect almost any portable audio player with a headphone jack output.
Alarm Clock: The iHome iBN97 is equipped with a built-in in Alarm clock that features dual Wakeup timers, a Sleep timer, and a Nap timer. You can wake up or go to sleep listening to your paired Bluetooth device or an FM radio station (Buzzer also available for wake-up alarm). The iBN97 gradually increases or decreases the volume to help you gently wake-up or fall to sleep.
- Dual Wake Timers w/ Snooze: The two independent wakeup timers can be set for a full week (7), work week (5), or weekend (2). A programmable snooze lets you pause the wakeup timer for 1 to 29 minutes. The alarm will continue for 60 minutes or until turned off.
- Sleep/Nap Timer: The Sleep timer lets you go to sleep listening to music and turns off automatically after 15, 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes. The Nap timer lets you wake up to your music after 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, 0, or 120 minutes.
Note: You can set the unit to a 12 or 24 hour display. A pre-installed CR2450 battery provides battery backup and keeps the clock/alarm set during power interruptions.
External Power Supply: The iHome iBN97 operates off of standard household current using the included AC power supply.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
10 questions already asked
1. Press and hold the Nap/Clock Set Button for 2 seconds until the clock display flashes and unit beeps. 2. Press the - or + Buttons to adjust the clock to the current time (hold for rapid setting). Make sure you set the correct AM/PM time. The AM and PM indicators appear to the left of the display. To toggle the clock display between standard l 2 hour time and 24 hour ("military") time display, press the Alarm 1 or Alarm 2 Button during time setting. 3. Press the Nap/Clock Set Button again to confirm the time. The year will flash. Press the - or + Buttons to adjust the display to the current year (hold for rapid setting). 4. Press the Nap/Clock Set Button to confirm the year. The date will flash. Press the - or + Buttons to adjust the display to the current month and date (hold for rapid setting). 5. Press the Nap/Clock Set Button to confirm the time and exit clock setting mode. 2 beeps will confirm clock setting is complete. [ Jeff Aug 12, 2015 ] Staff
Not sure if this helps, but I just turn the radio off or switch to a different mode once you're off of Bluetooth mode the Bluetooth is no longer working. [ GREG Jan 20, 2015 ]
No [ MARTIN Dec 18, 2014 ]
It's worked great for all my different iPhone models my 4, 4s, 5, and now I have the 5s and it works great as long as it's connected to your Bluetooth it'll work [ WILEM Dec 08, 2014 ]
Yes, it does. [ MCL_128 Oct 31, 2014 ]
1 answer I am employed at a company that works on an on-call basis. I was wondering if this is a reliable product in order to get a call in the middle of the night? I have had Bluetooth speakers in the past that have turned off after 20 minutes. Does this product also turn off on its own? [ Andrew Jul 13, 2014 ]
We don't know how long the alarm will go on as when we hear the sound of "BIG BEN" gonging its a rush out of bed to silence the bloody thing and calm our nerves and then its too hard to even think about going back to sleep! [ WAYNE C Jul 14, 2014 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Apr 28, 2014 ] Staff
don't know as I don't have the bose. I think it sounds very good though if that helps... [ John Apr 27, 2014 ]
W - 10 3/4 Depth - 6 1/4 H 3 1/2 [ GREG Apr 06, 2014 ]
1 answer Has this product been released? If yes, where can I purchase it to have it by the beginning of April? If no, when is the release date? Can you sync 2 devices to the alarm clock? I know there is a dual alarm feature but my boyfriend has an (NFC capable) Android while I have an iPhone 5. We wake up at different times and would like to wake up to our own music. Is that possible? [ MBMBMB Mar 18, 2014 ]
We have this unit in stock and ready to ship. We have not received any answers from other customers on your question about syncing. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer that question. [ Jeff Mar 20, 2014 ] Staff
I have the iPod Touch Gen 4 and have played thru the USB and bluetooth with no problems. It even charged it while it was playing when it was plugged into the USB while in bluetooth mode. I have not used the 3.5mm cord that comes with it. [ JOSEPH F Feb 10, 2014 ]
Hi Hunter, I am not sure if you can plug it in except with a cord. I have not used my ihome yet because I didn't realize that it was for iPhone 5. I have a iPhone 4 and my husbands iPad is to old of a model as well. So I am contemplating upgrading my phone. Sorry, that probably doesn't help you very much. [ Heather Jan 28, 2014 ]
I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ON THIS EXACT PRODUCT BUT YOU SHOULD BEABLE TO CONNECT 3 WAY,S 1 BLUETOOTH 2 PHONO PLUG OF USE THE USB OR 3 DOCK THE IPOD DIRECT TO UNIT. [ ROBERT P Jan 27, 2014 ]
Yes you can [ MARK Jan 27, 2014 ]
Sorry. Don't know. [ Will Jan 27, 2014 ]
The cool thing about this device is it has a USB port in the back so you can plug any phone charging wire it......really looks good too. [ Michael Dec 09, 2013 ]
yes but I have iPhone 5 [ ARIEL S Dec 09, 2013 ]
The unit does not have a dock connector. It connects to your device by Bluetooth. I would expect that any Bluetooth enabled iPhone would work. [ Daniel Dec 08, 2013 ]
Yes [ MARK Dec 08, 2013 ]
Sorry, I purchased this for a Christmas gift and the box hasn't been opened. [ JOYCE Dec 08, 2013 ]