Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rechargeable portable Bluetooth® wireless speaker system
From iHome: IDM15 Bluetooth Speakers
Item # 775IDM15SC | MFR # IDM15SC
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the iHome iDM15SC by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
A simple system with some amazing options
Ever try to set up portable speakers on the fly for your smartphone, portable player, or tablet? Between unraveling tangled wires and finding something to prop your player up against, it can be a real inconvenience. Not so with the iHome iDM15SC portable speakers.
First, they're wireless. If your player has Bluetooth, then you've got sound. Second, the speakers' sturdy travel case doubles as a stand for your device. Just open it up and place your player in the groove. Now you're ready to groove with your friends.
Bluetooth wireless technology for music and talk
The system's built-in Bluetooth connects easily to compatible devices. And it features Bluetooth A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which lets you stream high-quality audio wirelessly from your linked device. Enjoy great sound whether it's music from your PDA, a soundtrack to a video playing on your tablet, sound effects from the game you're playing on your handheld console, or an Internet music app playing on your smartphone.
And the iDM15SC can be used as a speakerphone system with your iPhone or other Bluetooth-enabled phones. When a call comes in, just press the talk button on top of the right speaker to converse hands-free. iHome's echo cancellation technology keeps your calls sounding clear and clean.
The iDM15SC is a study in simplicity. The provided 2-in-1 cable features a USB plug for recharging, and a stereo minijack plug to connect to a headphone jack. You can continue to enjoy your music while the speakers recharge, either wirelessly or through the cable connection.
The sturdy case holds both speakers plus the provided cables. Open the case and lay it flat. A groove in the top holds your player, while the back of the case folds around to provide additional support. The case will easily hold not just a smartphone in place, but a tablet or iPad® as well.
Great sound in a small package.
Allen L, Cumming, Ga.
What's in the Box:
- Powered speaker (right)
- Passive speaker (left)
- 25" Stereo minijack cable
- 26" USB cable (with a micro-USB connector on one end and a USB (type-A)/3.5mm connector on other end)
- 2-Piece storage case
- Instruction Booklet
- Quick Bluetooth Connection Guide
- Online Product Registration
- "Caution!" note
- compatible with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones and tablets, portable music players, hand-held game consoles, laptops and computers, and more
- compatible with iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad®, BlackBerry®, and Android devices
- Bluetooth wireless operation:
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR for faster pairing with Bluetooth-enabled devices
- stereo A2DP for streaming high-quality audio from compatible cell phones, music players, and computers
- wireless range: 30'
- speakerphone operation
- talk button for hands-free calling with Bluetooth-enabled phones
- SoundClear® Voice echo cancellation for clearer conversations
- Music 3D sound enhancement
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- 2-in-1 cable with stereo minijack plugs to connect your portable device and USB plug for recharging
- travel case converts into stand for portable music player
- speaker dimension (each): 2-5/16"W x 3"H x 3-1/16"D
- total weight: .70 lbs.
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
iHome iDM15SC Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Overview: The iHome iDM15 is a petite portable stereo speaker solution for your MP3 player, smartphone, tablet, or laptop. The iHome iDM15 offers Bluetooth audio streaming and speakerphone capability. You can pair the iHome iDM15 to your Bluetooth-enabled device to enjoy audio playback, or use the line-in jack to listen to almost any audio device. The iHome iDM15 connects to your desktop computer or laptop via the included 2-in-1 cable to recharge the internal lithium-ion battery. Cables and a travel case/stand are included.
Music 3D: The iHome iDM15 features Music 3D sound enhancement for bigger, bolder sound from your connected audio sources.
SoundClear Voice: The iHome iDM15 employs SoundClear Voice echo cancellation technology for clear Bluetooth speakerphone calls.
Built-in Bluetooth: The iHome iDM15 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology. The iDM15 supports wireless audio streaming speakerphone communication for use with iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and other Bluetooth enabled devices.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The iHome iDM15 supports Bluetooth profile (A2DP/AVRCP) for wireless audio streaming from a compatible Bluetooth enabled device. You can now listen to music store on or streamed to your Bluetooth enabled device through the iDM15 speaker system. The iDM15 provides Play/Pause control for your streamed music.
- Bluetooth Speakerphone (HFP/HSP): The iHome iDM15 also supports Bluetooth profile (HFP/HSP) for hands-free communication between your iPhone or other Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The iDM15 features a built-in microphone, plus Answer/End button so you can use the iDM15 as a hands-free speakerphone. During an incoming call, the speakers will automatically mute any music playing. To make a call, you will still need to dial out from your mobile phone.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sound Stack.
2-in-1 Cable: The iHome iDM15 is fitted with a micro-USB jack and includes a 2-in-1 cable which allows charging of the speaker and connection to an audio source. The 2-in-1 cable features a micro-USB connector on one end that plugs into the iDM15, as well as a USB (type-a) connector that plugs into your computer for charging and a stereo 3.5mm connector which plugs into your audio source.
Note: The right and left speakers connect to one another via the included 25" stereo minijack cable.
Protective Travel Case/Stand: The included travel case/stand protects the iHome iDM15 speaker during storage or travel, and safely holds the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or other devices when listening.
Rechargeable Battery: The iHome iDM15 is equipped with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is long lasting. The lithium-ion battery can be recharged by connecting the iDM15 to your desktop computer or laptop, via the included 2-in-1 cable.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.