Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200
Powered speaker with Apple® AirPlay® and Bluetooth® (White)
Item # 779MXA200W | MFR # CAMBMINXAIR200WH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 is a high-performance audio system that can play music from just about any source. Stream tunes to it from your iPhone® via AirPlay. Or do it with Bluetooth from your Android smartphone or tablet. The Minx Air 200 can connect to your Wi-Fi® network and serve as your Internet radio tuner. Or it can make a great sound bar for simple TV/Blu-ray setup.
The Cambringe Audio Minx Air 200 fits in with almost any décor.
Deep, rich sound
The Minx Air 200 features a rigid, one-piece cabinet that minimizes unwanted vibration and rattle. Two 2-1/4” Balanced Mode Radiator full-range speakers disperse the audio across a wide soundstage. A 6-1/2” front-firing subwoofer ensures solid bass. And with a 200-watt amplifier, the Minx Air 200 can really pump up the volume.
An advanced 24-bit digital signal processor (DSP) ensures the incoming audio stream is decoded as accurately as possible, retaining all the detail of the source material. You'll enjoy clean, detailed sound with the low end nicely filled out.
The system features aptX® audio coding, an advanced type of Bluetooth wireless streaming that retains virtually all the detail of the audio signal it carries. It also is compatible with AAC Bluetooth, which enhances the quality of transmission from compatible devices such as Apple portables, iTunes®, Nintendo DSi, BlackBerry phones, and more.
And if your Bluetooth device doesn't have aptX or use AAC Bluetooth, don't worry. The Minx 200 is also backwards-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth. So you can wirelessly stream your music from almost any portable device and still enjoy great sound.
"Rarely do you come across a wireless speaker capable of handling both Airplay and Bluetooth, along with booming bass extension and stellar mid-range. Cambridge Audio's sound blaster accomplishes it all and packs everything into a clean-designed enclosure that speaks to luxury home audio enthusiasts."
— The Best Gadgets of 2013 (So Far) Complex.com, June, 2013
The convenience of Apple AirPlay
Apple AirPlay technology lets you wirelessly connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes® to the Minx Air 200 via your Wi-Fi® network. Stream audio from your Apple portable directly to the system. Or stream music from the iTunes library on your laptop or desktop computer and use your Apple portable as a remote to make selections, as well as adjust volume. (Requires Apple's free Remote app.)
Wired playback options
Use the stereo minijack auxiliary input to connect other non-Bluetooth portables to the Minx Air 100. And with the RCA stereo inputs, you can connect a small TV or a Blu-ray player and create a mini home theater system for den or bedroom. The Minx Air 100 also has an Ethernet port so you can hardwire it to your home network and explore the world of Internet radio. And you can use the system's remote in place of your portable to control the Minx Air 200.
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth/AirPlay powered speaker (white)
- Three 5' AC power cords (US/UK/EU)
- 59" Ethernet cable
- Remote control
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- WiFi Setup
- Important Safety Instructions
- portable wireless speaker system with Apple AirPlay and Bluetooth
- built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay streaming from iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, or iPod touch
- Internet radio tuner to access over 10,000 online radio stations
- Bluetooth with aptX audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- AAC Bluetooth for enhanced quality transmission from compatible portables
- two 2-1/4" full-range drivers with 6-1/2" active subwoofer
- system power: 200 watts
- built-in 24-bit digital signal processor (DSP) helps produce full, rich sound
- Minx Air App available from iTunes® Store and Google Play
- access radio presets
- volume control
- bass and EQ control
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- RCA stereo input for TV or Blu-ray player
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a PC network
- rigid, acoustically optimized cabinet minimizes unwanted vibration
- integrated carry handle
- remote control
- AC power adapter
- 17-11/16"W x 8-5/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Cambridge Audio Sound: Patented speaker technologies are combined with powerful digital amplifiers and processing to offer high-quality performance from a wireless speaker system
- Digital Amplifier: A 200-watt (peak) class-D digital amplifier delivers expansive power from compact desktop system.
- Digital Signal Processing: The 24-bit Digital Signal Processor (developed by Waves Audio) provides consistent performance for whatever you're listening to, and however loud you're listening to it. Unlike many other portable systems, your music stays distortion-free, even at top volume.
- Dual Balanced Mode Radiators + 6" Subwoofer: Two 2.25" patented BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) speaker drivers deliver a wider, more room-filling sound than similarly-sized traditional speakers. Regular speakers (like you'll find in other portable systems) move in and out to create sound. These BMR speakers create sound using horizontal vibration modes for a much wider sound which is hugely beneficial when speakers are located so closely together. The built-in 6" subwoofer adds rich, enhanced bass performance.
- Bass Port: The powered speaker enclosure employs a rear-firing port to greater efficiency and deeper bass. The rear-firing bass port also doubles as a carry handle.
- Acoustically Damped Construction: Beneath the scratch resistant high gloss lacquer, Minx Go's acoustically damped cabinet is designed to eliminate vibration and distortion, even at high volumes.
- Adjustable Bass Control: Changing this setting allows the bass/low frequency response of the Minx Air 200 to be tailored to your taste and the acoustics of your room.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 features a rear-panel RJ-45 Ethernet port (10/200 Base-T) and built in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g) for either a wired or wireless connection to your home, so you can enjoy Internet Radio and AirPlay. The built-in WiFi supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 security.
- AirPlay Technology: Using AirPlay wireless audio streaming technology, the Minx Air 200 streams music from your iTunes account, iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad anywhere you have a WiFi network in your home. Apple's AirPlay technology allows music from your iTunes, to be streamed wirelessly from your Mac or PC to the Minx Air 200. You can even bypass your computer entirely, and wirelessly stream your iTunes music and music apps directly from your Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad; via Apple's free Remote app. The Minx Air 200 and your Apple device or computer must be connected to the same wireless network via WiFi (802.11b/g). AirPlay works with iPod touch/iPhone/iPad (running iOS 4.3.3+) and Mac computers or Windows PC (with iTunes 10.2.2+ installed).
- Internet Radio: The included Internet Radio service offers 20,000 stations from any genre and most countries. Stations can be tuned using the Minx Air App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. Internet radio presets (up to 10) can also be recalled from the buttons on the top of the Minx Air 200 or remote control without needing to use the app on your smartphone. Cambridge Audio maintains the list of stations and regularly check the stations are reliable and of reasonable quality.
Minx App Air: The Minx Air App (from iTunes and Google Play) enables setup and control of the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 wireless music system from your Apple iPod touch/iPad/iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Android (3.0+) smartphone/tablet. Use this app to find your favorite internet radio stations from a library of over 20,000 stations and store up to 5 presets. You can also control the wireless music system's volume, Bass, and DSP presets from your smartphone.
Bluetooth aptX: The Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 offers built-in Bluetooth for wireless connection between the portable speaker and your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop/computer, or other device. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to the Cambridge Audio Minx Go. The Minx Air 200's aptX support squeezes the absolute maximum digital detail out of Bluetooth wireless streaming audio (if your device also supports it) for CD-quality playback of high-bitrate digital audio. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to navigate your music and to view song/artist information. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button and can pair with up to 8 devices (only one can be used at a time). Once paired, the Minx Go will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200.
Dual Aux Inputs: The Minx Air 200 is fitted with two rear-panel Aux inputs. There is a 3.5mm auxiliary input that lets you connect almost any portable audio device with a headphone jack output. There is also a stereo RCA input which lets you connect your home audio components, such as a CD player.
Remote Control: The Minx Air 200 comes with an 18-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. The remote includes Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Preset (1-10), Bass +/-, and Stop buttons.
AC Power w/ Auto Power Down: The Minx Air 200 operates off of standard household current using the included AC power cord. To help save energy the Cambridge Audio Minx Air Wireless Music System will automatically power down if no user activity or audio playback is detected within an adjustable user defined time period (adjustable from 23hrs, 45minutes to 15 minutes, or OFF)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.