Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Cambridge Audio Minx S322-V2
2.1-channel speaker system (White)
Item # 779S322V2W | MFR # S322-V2-WH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Cambridge Audio Minx S322-V2 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Soul-stirring sound from a tiny three-speaker system
Experience sound that'll send chills down your spine — from speakers you'll barely even notice. The Cambridge Audio Minx S322-V2 system was designed for hi-fi sound on a low-fi budget, and will instantly fill your room with a tonal quality that has to be heard to be believed. You'll be amazed by the accuracy, detail, and realism from the two tiny satellite speakers that measure less than 6" high and 3" deep. The matching 300-watt subwoofer measures less than a cubic foot, delivering deep, powerful bass without eating into your living space. Whether you're looking to maximize your music or movie experience or add depth to your favorite TV shows and sports, the Minx S322-V2 is waiting to reveal what you've been missing.
Ultra-compact satellite speakers engineered with passion
The two Minx Min 21 satellite speakers included with this system were carefully designed and tested at Cambridge Audio's London facility by a team fueled with a passion for incredible sound. They completely rewrite the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers thanks to BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. It's what allows the Minx Min 21s to produce a much wider frequency response than comparably sized speakers. You'll also experience a much broader sound dispersion across your entire room, for the most enveloping sound imaginable. Plus, the compact, acoustically damped cabinets offer extreme rigidity, so you hear pure, clean sound no matter how intense your movies get.
Awesome bass from a hideaway sub
The matching Minx X300 subwoofer uses an 8" forward firing driver made of a single piece of super-strong, aerospace-grade aluminum for amazing punch and attack. It's paired with a passive radiator that adds some serious mid-bass boost. Cambridge Audio's software engineers specially designed the sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in this sub, allowing it to pump out sensational bass from such a compact enclosure. You may even be fooled into thinking the X300 is several times its size.
Speakers that fit your lifestyle
Naturally, you want your speakers to fit into your home, rather than designing your living space around your system. That's why the compact Minx Min 21 satellites can be mounted to your wall, placed on stands, or positioned on a tabletop using optional hardware. You can mix and match by adding additional Minx Min 21 or smaller Minx Min 11 speakers to create a 3.1, 5.1-, or 7.1-channel system to meet your needs.
Beautiful sound in my small space,with out giving up any space......
Mike C, Clementon nj
What's in the Box:
- High-gloss white powered subwoofer (X300)
- Silver subwoofer grille (installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 High-gloss white satellite speakers (MIN21)
- 2 Silver speaker grilles (installed)
- Two 6mm machine screw (installed)
- 2 Key-hole slot adapters
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Satellite Speaker Installation Guide
- Powered Subwoofer Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- includes two Minx Min 21 satellite speakers and a Minx X300 subwoofer
- system frequency response 33-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity 88 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer finish
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years subwoofer amp and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Minx Min 21 satellite speakers:
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- Balanced Mode Radiator driver technology creates a wide soundstage
- dual 2-1/4" BMR full-range drivers (each)
- ultra-compact push-pull neodymium magnets
- acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet
- binding post terminals
- screw holes for use with optional wall-mounting bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand
- 3-1/8"W x 6-1/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 1.88 lbs.
Minx X300 subwoofer:
- 300-watt RMS amplifier
- 8" front-firing woofer and an 8" passive radiator
- single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum cones move air with incredible efficiency
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- specially designed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- adjustable phase control
- line-level inputs and outputs
- auto on/off mode
- 10-1/2"W x 12-5/16"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 16.5 lbs.
Cambridge Audio Minx S322-V2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|Midrange Size (inches)||2.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Frequency Response||33-20k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs spkrs/3 Yrs amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs spkrs/3 Yrs amp|
Minx Satellite Speakers: The Cambridge Audio Minx S322 speaker system includes two matching Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speakers. The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speaker provides accuracy, detail, and realism from a compact speaker. Its wide dispersion capabilities make it easy to integrate into any room.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speaker features dual 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers. The Cambridge Audio BMR drivers utilize patented 'bending wave' principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speaker with a much wider frequency response and deeper and more powerful bass frequencies, plus incredibly spacious sound. The BMR driver design also adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical "sweet spot" pitfall, for a more enveloping sound. The 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers employ a rubber surround for added durability and excursion. Each BMR driver utilizes ultra-compact push-pull neodymium magnets for greater efficiency.
Compact Acoustic Suspension Enclosure: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speaker is only 3.125" (w) x 6.125" (h) x 3.75" (d). The Minx MIN21 features an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for greater detail and tonal accuracy. The satellite speaker employs an acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet to prevent distortion caused by resonance and vibration. The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 includes a detachable cloth grille. The Minx MIN21 cabinets are available in a high-gloss black (with black cloth grille) or high-gloss white finish (with silver cloth grille). The black and white high-gloss lacquers are finished to the highest standard using paint application techniques developed by premium automotive manufactures. The black and white lacquer finishes are hard to scratch and easy to clean.
Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speaker is equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and spade-connectors. The terminals are color-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative. The satellite speaker's binding post terminals can be removed to allow use of banana plugs (single only). The binding post terminals simply pull out of the back of the speaker, which allows access to banana connector inputs.
Mounting Options: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speakers can be table-top mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a floor-standing speaker stand.
- Table-Top Mount: The Minx MIN21 satellite speakers come with four self-adhesive rubber feet (each) to simply place the speakers securely on a table or shelf. There is also an optional Minx Table-Top Stand (779MTSA, sold separately) available, which allows placement on a desk, table, or shelf.
- Wall Mount: The Minx MIN21s features a rear-mounted 6mm threaded insert which allows you to wall-mount the speakers using the included keyhole-slot adapter, the Cambridge Audio Minx Wall Bracket (779MPWM, sold separately), or other optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- Speaker Stand: The 6mm threaded inserts on the back of the satellite speakers can be used to attach the speakers to the Cambridge Audio Minx Floor Stands (779MFSB, sold separately).
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speaker features a 120Hz to 20,000Hz frequency range.
Power Handling: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN21 satellite speaker can handle 15 to 50 watts (RMS).
Minx X300 Powered Subwoofer: The Cambridge Audio Minx S322 speaker system includes the Cambridge Audio Minx X300 powered subwoofer.
Digital Signal Processor (DSP): The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer features built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) which allows for smaller cabinet construction without sacrificing bass response.
300W Amplifier: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is equipped with a 300 watt (RMS) digital amplifier for increased efficiency and reliability.
8" Woofer: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer uses a one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum, front-firing 8" cone woofer to move air with incredible efficiency.
Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR): The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer utilizes a down-firing 8" auxiliary bass radiator (ABR) for greater bass response and better efficiency. The ABR design replaces the need for bass ports to eliminate air noise at higher volume levels.
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer has a rated frequency response of 33-200 Hz.
Controls: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel controls.
- Volume Control: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer has a rear-panel rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 50-200 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° to 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
- Auto On/Off: The X300's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection.
Connections: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel connections.
- RCA Input: The powered subwoofer has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. The left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
- RCA Output: The powered subwoofer's gold-plated left & right RCA line-level outputs allow you to connect (daisy-chain) a second powered subwoofer.
- Wireless Port: This proprietary 5-pin port is designed to connect the Cambridge Audio Wireless Module (not yet available).
High-Gloss Finish: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is available in a high-gloss black (with black cloth grille) or high-gloss white finish (with silver cloth grille). The black and white high-gloss lacquers are finished to the highest standard using paint application techniques developed by premium automotive manufactures. The black and white lacquer finishes are hard to scratch and easy to clean.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.