Professional Series over-the-ear headphones
- flagship headphones from the famed, family-owned audio shop
- made in Brooklyn, NY
- open-back, over-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- extra-large hard metal alloy/maple hybrid enclosures for a wide-open soundstage with low distortion
- hand-carved maple inner enclosures lend naturally warm acoustics
- smoked chrome finish on outer enclosure
- 50mm dynamic drivers
- re-configured ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire for effortless transient response
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- diaphragms geometrically redesigned to produce true-to-recording acoustics
- increased air flow through vented grille
- widened, adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- 12-conductor UHPLC headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug
- 3.5mm miniplug adapter included
- frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 99.8 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones with 6.5' cable (1/4" plug)
- 12' Extension cable (male and female 1/4" connectors)
- 1/4"-to-3.5mm Adapter (6" cable)
- Limited Warranty
- "Grado--Welcome to the Family" sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.186" x 4.186"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
e series: The Grado e series represents the company's third generation of headphones. Every aspect of the headphones; the drivers, cable, plug, even the glue; has been upgraded for better sound quality and dynamics. As in the previous series, the e series headphones are all made by hand at the Grado Lab facility in Brooklyn, NY.
New Flagship Headphone: The Grado PS2000e over-ear headphones are the new flagship from Grado Labs. They have an open back design, with a hand-carved, maple inner chamber, covered by a new Smoked Chrome finish. Grado first used maple in its GH1 limited edition headphones for its excellent sonic signature and its desired response. Wrapping the wood with a metal alloy eliminates ringing in the chamber and other unwanted resonances. The headphones also sport a new wider (2-3/16") leather head strap with additional padding that provides more comfort during long listening sessions.
Drivers: The PS2000e feature all-new 50mm drivers, built with the highest grade wire, voice coils, and magnets. The front cap and grille for the new driver was redesigned to minimize diffractions, so only the signal comes through. The drivers in the PS2000e are matched to within 0.05dB for optimum stereo imaging and a wider sound stage.
12-Conductor UHPLC Cable: The PS2000e has a high-quality 78" 12-conductor UHPLC (Ultra-High Purity, Long Crystal) audio cable with a 6.5mm (1/4") gold-plated plug. UHPLC copper exhibits greater stability and control over the entire frequency spectrum. The plug has a sturdy molded sleeve with ample stress relief. Included in the box is a gold-plated, snap-on 6.5mm-to-3.5mm Mini Adapter Cable that you can use with your portable audio components, and a 12' extension.
Note: The size of the 3.5mm plug sleeve may cause interference with some smartphone cases.
Replaceable Cushions: The high-quality extra-large foam rubber circum-aural ear cushions can be removed for cleaning, if needed. If they show signs of wear, you can replace them with the Grado Replacement Cushion G.
Note: The headphone's ear cushions are not covered in the manufacturer's one-year warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.