iDatalink's Maestro RR module
iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module, along with the correct interface harness for your vehicle, allows you to install a new car stereo in select late-model Fiat, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota/Scion, Fiat, or Volkswagen vehicles while retaining your factory steering wheel audio controls and the use of your factory amplifier, if present.
Here's how it works
First, you connect the Maestro to your Windows-based computer (not compatible with Mac or Windows 10) using the included USB cable, visit www.idatalink.com/maestro, and follow the instructions. Once the unit has been "flashed," it's ready to go. Next, you'll either solder or crimp the vehicle-specific Maestro harness (sold separately) to your new receiver's wiring, just like you would with any Crutchfield wiring harness or wiring adapter.
Important Note: You will also need an additional Maestro vehicle-specific wiring harness that connects your new receiver to the ADS-MRR module and your vehicle's wiring. We will automatically add this harness to your Cart at a discounted price when you purchase a new car stereo and this ADS-MRR module.
Retain steering wheel audio controls, too
The ADS-MRR module also allows you to use your factory steering wheel audio controls with your new receiver. Using the intuitive web programming interface, each factory button can be assigned a specific radio function. Better yet, you can also assign a secondary "press and hold" radio function to each factory button, effectively doubling what can be controlled.
Keeping your factory features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine receiver, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select GM, Ford, Chrysler, or Volkswagen vehicles (see Details for specific functions and installation notes).
- Ford: You'll keep your SYNC® system, including the factory Bluetooth, satellite radio (in select vehicles, see Details), steering wheel audio controls, and other great features.
- GM: You'll retain the use of OnStar® system, along with your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, and safety warning chimes.
- Chrysler: You'll retain the use of the Uconnect® system (including voice command), along with your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp.
- Toyota: You'll retain your vehicle's A/V input, USB port, and backup camera.
- Volkswagen: You'll retain your VW's Bluetooth, the factory digital amplifier and fader, plus VW's media device interface. Select Kenwood receivers allow you to display navigation info on your VW's multi-function screen.
Important Note: iDatalink Maestro RR is not compatible with a Mac.