Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Goal Zero Guide 10 Plus Battery Pack
Compact, rechargeable battery pack
Item # 79721005 | MFR # 21005
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Goal Zero Guide 10 Plus Battery Pack by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Don't forget to pack this portable power pack
Use the standard USB connector for charging your small USB-powered devices. You can charge the battery pack by connecting it to a compatible USB power source or solar panel.
The Guide 10 Plus is a go-anywhere rechargeable battery pack that will keep your handheld gear going strong. Its compact size makes it perfect to toss in a backpack or purse for recharging power wherever and whenever you need it. Charge AA/AAA batteries from the sun or any USB port, then power your phone, camera or GPS, or perk up your tablet in a pinch.
Two ways to charge the Guide 10 Plus
There are a couple ways to keep the Guide 10 Plus charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Guide 10 Plus to Goal Zero's Nomad 7 solar panel (a full recharge takes 2-4 hours). Or, you can plug the Guide 10 Plus into any USB power source, such as a laptop (takes 8-10 hours to recharge).
If you plan to go solar and use the Guide 10 Plus with the Nomad 7, check out the Guide 10 Plus Solar Recharging Kit, which includes both products.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
- compact rechargeable battery pack for charging smartphones and other small USB-powered devices anywhere
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- includes standard USB output port for charging devices, and a mini-USB input port for charging battery pack
- rechargeable "AA" NiMH battery pack with 11 Wh capacity (4.8V, 2300mAh)
- regulated power output is 5V, 1A (5 watts)
- fully charge a smartphone in as little as one hour
- can be charged by any USB power source or by the Goal Zero Nomad 7 solar panel
- recharge time: 2-4 hours with Nomad 7, 8-10 hours with USB power source
- charge up the 4 supplied removable "AA" batteries from USB or sun (adapter included for charging "AAA" NiMH batteries "AAA" batteries not included)
- built-in LED flashlight runs for 100+ hours per charge
- 2-5/8"W x 4"H x 13/16"D
- weight: 6.4 oz.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Guide 10 Plus battery charger
- 4 AA NiMH rechargeable batteries
- AAA Charging adapter
- 13" USB cable (male USB type-A connector on one end and male mini-USB type-B connector on the other)
- 7" Solar charging cable
- User guide
- Charging note
Overview: The Guide 10 Plus battery charger includes four AA NiMH (Nickel-Metal Hydride) rechargeable batteries and offers two options for charging, the Solar port plugged into an optional Nomad 7 or Nomad 13 solar panel (item numbers 79711800 and 79712003, sold separately), or the mini-USB type-B input port connected to another USB power supply. An adapter is included for charging four AAA NiMH batteries (AAA batteries not included). With the charged batteries inside, the Guide 10 Plus acts as a USB power supply using its USB type-A output port. The built-in LED flashlight will run for more than 100 hours on a full charge. An LED indicates the amount of charging completed (while charging) and power availability (when not charging).
- Compatible Batteries: NiMH only; all four batteries must be installed when charging
- Included Batteries: 4 AA NiMH; 2,300 mAh
- Weight: 0.4 lbs/6.4 oz (including batteries)
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 32°-104° F
- Solar Port: 6.5 volts/1.5 amps (7 watts max); use with Nomad 7 or Nomad 3.5 solar panels
- USB mini Port: 5 volts/0.7 amp (3.5 watts max)
- USB Port: 5 volts/1 amp (5 watts max; 10 Wh max total capacity)
- Shelf Life: 6 months; if not used, the battery should still be recharged every 3-4 months
- Approximate Charging Time:
- Nomad 7 Solar Panel: 2-4 hours
- Nomad 3.5 Solar Panel: 6-8 hours
- Standard USB Power Source: 8-10 hours
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.