Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Goal Zero Sherpa 100 Power Pack
Item #: 79722002
This item is no longer available.
Goal Zero Sherpa 100 Power Pack
Our take on the Goal Zero Sherpa 100 Power Pack by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Pack serious power while still packing light
The lightweight Sherpa 100 can provide multiple charges for smartphones, tablets and most laptops.
The Sherpa 100 is one of the best portable power options out there. It can power more types of devices, and for longer periods, than Goal Zero's super-popular Sherpa 50. Keep smartphones, tablets and most laptops powered up during long flights or drives, or anytime there isn't an AC plug in sight. The lightweight Sherpa 100 stows easily in a backpack, briefcase, or camera bag, and can be recharged from wall, car or sun.
What makes the Sherpa 100 so versatile is its substantial power storage capacity, and its ability to provide regulated power. Electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops are becoming increasingly finicky when it comes to charging. If they don't get just the right amount and consistency of power, they often won't take a charge — especially laptops. The Sherpa 100's USB and laptop ports supply regulated power to keep your gear happy.
When Goal Zero was designing the Sherpa 100, one of the primary goals was to make sure it could power a MacBook Pro. (It certainly has the power to do the job, but you'll need to order a special Apple® laptop cable from Goal Zero.)
The Sherpa 100 can keep several USB and 12-volt devices powered up when you're away from home. And when you are at home, it has enough juice to function as a limited source of emergency power during a blackout.
Three ways to charge the Sherpa 100
There are three ways to keep the Sherpa 100 charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Sherpa 100 to Goal Zero's Nomad 13, Boulder 15, or Escape 30 solar panel. Or, you can plug the Sherpa 100 into an AC wall outlet, or order the accessory cable from Goal Zero that lets you charge the Sherpa from your car's 12-volt accessory port.
For a great plug-and-play solar combo, Goal Zero created the Sherpa 100 Solar Kit, which includes the Sherpa 100 and Nomad 20 solar panel, as well as an AC inverter that attaches to the Sherpa and provides a standard 3-prong connector for powering AC devices.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
What's in the Box:
- Sherpa 100 Power Pack
- Charging power supply (70" DC output cord attached-15.3 volts/3-amp)
- 72" AC power cord
- 12 Volt car output adapter (cigarette lighter type port)
- 4.7mm to 8mm adapter cord for legacy Nomad products
- 14" Laptop charging cable
- 5.5mm Laptop adapter (Asus/ IBM/ Lenovo/ Panasonic/ Toshiba)
- 6mm Laptop adapter (Sony)
- 7.4mm Laptop adapter (Dell/ HP)
- 8mm Laptop adapter (IBM/ Lenovo)
- Laptop charging kit information
- User guide
- Sherpa 100 Tips
- compact, lightweight rechargeable battery pack for charging laptops, tablets, lights, and small USB-powered devices
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- can be charged from wall AC (takes about 3 hours), or a Goal Zero solar panel (charging time depends on the panel)
- lithium-ion battery
- battery capacity 98Wh (11V, 8,800mAh)
- built-in low-battery and overcharging protection
- inputs and outputs:
- two USB ports for charging portable devices (5V, up to 2.1A, 10W max, regulated)
- 7.4mm laptop port (19V, up to 6A, 120W max, regulated)
- 6mm Goal Zero charging port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- 8mm input charging port for charging the Sherpa 50 (14-29V, up to 5A, 60W max)
- built-in LED flashlight
- 5-13/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 5-1/4"D
- weight: 1.9 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Sherpa 100 Power Pack is a Lithium-ion NMC (Nickel Manganese Cobalt) battery designed to charge or power 12 volt and USB powered devices, and laptop computers. The Sherpa 100 is charged using the included AC power supply, or an optional Nomad solar panel. (It can also be charged in the car using an adapter available on Goal Zero's web site.) Individual switches control the main power, the 12 volt or laptop output (one or the other, both cannot be powered simultaneously), and the built-in flashlight. The display shows remaining battery capacity in 20% increments.
- Battery Voltage Range: 9-13 volts (98 Wh/8800 mAh total capacity)
- Weight: 1.9 lbs
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 32°-104° F
- Input: 14-22 volts; up to 3-amp; 45 watts max
- 12 Volt Port: 12 volts DC/up to 10 amps (120 watts max; regulated)
- USB Ports: two female USB type-A Ports; 5 volts/2.1 amp (10 watts max; regulated)
- Laptop: 19 volts DC/up to 6 amps (120 watts max; regulated; laptop adapter cables included)
- Sidecar Port: 9-13 volts DC/10 amps (120 watts max; not regulated; for use with optional AC inverter or for chaining multiple Sherpa 100s together)
- Fuse: 20 amp ATO automotive fuse
- Shelf Life: recharge every 3-4 months (if not left plugged in)
- Approximate Charging Time:
- Included AC Power Supply: 3 hours
- Nomad 13 Solar Panel: 15-30 hours
- Width: 5-7/8"
- Height: 1-5/8"
- Depth: 5-1/4" (with nothing plugged in)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
All items are new unless otherwise stated as outlet, refurbished, or Scratch & Dent. [ Jeff Jun 21, 2016 ] Staff
The specs we have on file for charging a laptop with the Sherpa 100 lists: 19 volts DC/up to 6 amps (120 watts max; regulated; laptop adapter cables included). I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=159 [ Larry Jun 13, 2016 ] Staff