Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Goal Zero Escape 30 Solar Panel
Briefcase-sized 30-watt solar panel
Item # 79722003 | MFR # 22003
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Goal Zero Escape 30 Solar Panel by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Plug into the sun
Escape 30 with solar panels unfolded and pop-out leg stands extended.
The Escape 30 is a sturdy, briefcase-sized solar panel capable of collecting up to 30 watts of power from the sun, which you can store in one of Goal Zero's battery power packs. (The panel collects energy but it can't store it.)
The Escape 30 folds easily into a sleek and portable briefcase for safe and easy transporting. The built-in ergonomic rubberized handle provides a comfortable grip. To use the panel you simply unfold the briefcase and extend the pop-out leg stands so the panel is facing the sun.
The Escape 30 is recommended for use with Goal Zero's Sherpa 50 and Yeti 150 recharger battery packs (requires Goal Zero 4.7mm-to-8mm adapter). They store the energy collected by the panel for use whenever you need it.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
What's in the Box:
- Escape 30 Solar panel with 9.5' output cord
- User guide
- Warranty information
- sleek briefcase-sized, folding 30-watt portable solar panel
- pop-out leg stands for convenient setup
- high-efficiency monocrystalline cell technology
- unregulated power output is designed for charging batteries, not devices
- collects power to be stored in a Goal Zero recharger/battery pack: Sherpa 50, Escape 150, or Yeti 150
- 12V charging port 9.5-foot cord with 4.7mm plug
- optimal operating temperature: 32-104° F
- 21-3/8"W x 16"H x 1-3/4"D (closed); 30-7/8"W x 16"H x 1"D (open)
- weight: 12.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: panel cannot store power for charging after dark; storage requires a Goal Zero battery pack (sold separately)
Overview: The Escape 30's dual solar panels are built into a briefcase style carrier. The 9.5' output cord has Goal Zero's 4.7mm plug. Two integrated legs create a stand for the panels.
Escape 30 Specifications:
- Rated Wattage: 30 watts
- Solar Cell Type: mono-crystalline
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-20 volts DC
- Efficiency: 17-18%
- Cell Area: approximately 1,800 cm² (the collection area of each panel is approximately 9-1/8" x 15-1/4")
- Weight: 12.5 lbs
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 32°-104° F
- Optimal Storage Temperature Range: 32°-86° F
- Output: 14-16 volts/2 amps max (30 watts max, not regulated); 4.7mm plug
- Approximate Charging Time: varies with weather
- Yeti 150: 11-22 hours
- Sherpa 50 v2: 4-8 hours
- Width: 21-3/8"
- Height: 16"
- Depth: 1-3/4"
- Width: 30-7/8"
- Height: 16"
- Depth: 1"
- Depth using integrated stand: 22-1/2"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.