Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Goal Zero Boulder 15 Solar Panel
Lightweight 15-watt solar panel
Item # 79732101 | MFR # 32101
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Goal Zero Boulder 15 Solar Panelby Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Plug into the sun
Keep your devices powered up when you're off the grid.
The Boulder 15 solar panel collects up to 15 watts of power from the sun, which you can store in one of Goal Zero's portable battery power packs. (The panel collects energy but it can't store it.)
Constructed from strong tempered glass, with a lightweight aluminum frame, the Boulder 15 panel can be easily carried or installed. Its weather-resistant design means the panel can be left outside when not in use. Common uses include RV, cabin, camping, trickle charging, or for recharging your power pack to power all your portable devices.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
- lightweight 15-watt solar panel, portable or installable
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 0-120° F
- high-efficiency monocrystalline cell technology
- unregulated power output is designed for charging batteries, not devices
- collects power to be stored in a Goal Zero recharger/battery pack: Sherpa 50, Escape 150, or Yeti 150
- 12V charging port 9.5-foot cord with 4.7mm plug
- 4.7mm chain input for linking multiple panels together to provide more power
- 11-1/4"W x 18"H x 1"D
- weight: 3.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: panel cannot store power for charging after dark; storage requires a Goal Zero battery pack (sold separately)
What's in the Box:
- Boulder 15 Solar panel with 9.5' output cord
- User guide
- Warranty information
Overview: The Boulder 15 solar panel has a 9.5' output cord with Goal Zero's 4.7mm plug. There is also a 4.7mm Chain input so multiple panels can be linked together to provide more power. There are eight openings around the perimeter of the frame (on the back) for hanging the panel.
Boulder 15 Specifications:
- Rated Wattage: 15 watts
- Solar Cell Type: mono-crystalline
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-20 volts DC
- Efficiency: 17-18%
- Cell Area: approximately 1,015 cm² (including the frame, the panel is approximately 11-1/4" x 18")
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 0°-120° F
- Output: 14-16 volts/1 amp max (15 watts max, not regulated); 4.7mm plug
- Input: 4.7mm port for chaining multiple panels together
- Approximate Charging Time: varies with weather
- Sherpa 50 v2: 4-8 hours
- Typical Smart Phone/GPS: 2-4 hours
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.