Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Goal Zero Torch Solar/Crank Flashlight
Hand-cranked, solar-powered LED flashlight
Item # 79790103 | MFR # 90103
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Goal Zero Torch Solar/Crank Flashlight by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
There are three ways to charge the flashlight: The flip-out solar panel, the hand crank, and the included wall charger.
Dependable light when you need it
Whether it's a moonless night camping in the woods, or a sudden power outage at home, this is the flashlight to reach for. With bright LEDs on both the top and sides, the Goal Zero Torch can be used as either a flashlight or a floodlight. It has a comfortable grip handle as well as a hands-free hook.
The Torch's rechargeable battery can be charged by its built-in flip-out solar panel, the hand crank, or the included AC adapter.
What's in the Box:
- Torch Crank Light
- Charging AC adapter (48" DC output cord-4.5 volts/0.3 amps)
- 12 Volt car adapter with cigarette lighter type plug (56" DC output cord-4.5 volts/0.3-1amp output)
- User guide
- rechargeable LED flashlight with flip-out solar panel and hand-cranked dynamo
- features 5 LEDs on top and 18 LEDs on the side for flashlight/floodlight use
- NiMH rechargeable battery
- charge times
- 6-7 hours for included AC wall charger
- 9-10 hours for solar panel
- hand crank 1 minute = 10 minutes of light
- includes AC adapter with 4-ft. cord, and 12-volt car adapter with 56" cord
- 10-5/8"L x 2-7/16"W x 1-13/16"D
- weight: 11.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Torch Crank Light is a rechargeable light, charged using the built-in solar panel, the built-in hand crank, the included AC adapter, or the included 12 volt car adapter (with cigarette lighter type plug). The Torch has two banks of LEDs, lit separately. (They can't be lit simultaneously.) The 5 LEDs on the end act as a directional flashlight. The 18 LEDs on the side provide a wider light pattern, more like a flood light. You can easily hang the torch using the retractable hook on the end.
- Internal Battery: 3.6 volts/1200 mAH (Ni-MH Rechargeable)
- Weight: 11.2 oz (0.7 lbs)
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 32°-104° F
- Optimal Storage Temperature: 32°-86° F
- Approximate Lighting Time: on a full charge
- Flashlight (5 LEDs on the end): 10-12 hours
- Floodlight (18 LEDs on the side): 12-15 hours
- Light Output: approximately 20 lumens
- Approximate Charging Time:
- Solar Panel: 9-10 hours (in direct sunlight)
- Included AC Adapter: 6-7 hours
- Hand Crank: 1 minute cranking generates 10 minutes of light
- Solar Cell Area: approximately 30 cm²
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.