Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Goal Zero Boulder 30 Solar Panel Kit
Two Boulder 30 panels for extra charging power for Yeti 1250
Item #: 79791006
This item is no longer available.
Goal Zero Boulder 30 Solar Panel Kit
Our take on the Goal Zero Boulder 30 Solar Panel Kit by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A versatile solar panel package
The Boulder 30 Kit includes two 30-watt solar panels plus a zippered travel case to carry them in. Each panel weighs only 6-1/2 pounds, so they can be transported comfortably. But these panels are ruggedly built, with tempered glass and aluminum frames, so they're sturdy enough for installation. Just connect the panels to one of Goal Zero's chargers to capture the sun's energy and use it to power your USB, 12-volt, and AC-powered devices. The Boulder 30 Kit makes a great addition to the Yeti 1250 Kit, doubling the amount of solar collection capacity to keep the Yeti's high-capacity battery charged and ready to go.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
What's in the Box:
- 2 Boulder 30 Solar panels
- Two 6' Output cords (installed)
- 1 Bolder 30 Travel Case
- Boulder 30 User guide
- two Boulder 30 30-watt solar panels
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- high-efficiency monocrystalline cell technology
- can be used to power any Goal Zero recharger; wattage makes this panel kit most effective for use with the Sherpa 50, Escape 150, Yeti 150, Yeti 400 or Yeti 1250
- inputs and outputs:
- 12V port for charging 12-volt devices or a compatible Goal Zero recharger like the Yeti 1250 (6-ft. cord with 8mm plug)
- input port for chaining together up to 8 Boulder panels for more power and/or quicker charging
- padded, zippered travel case holds both panels
- travel case dimensions: 21-3/4"W x 18-1/2"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 6.5 lbs. per panel, 4 lbs. for travel case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Boulder 30: Each Boulder 30 solar panel has a 6' output cord with Goal Zero's 8mm plug. There is also an 8mm Chain input so up to four panels can be linked together to provide more power. There are eight openings around the perimeter of the frame (on the back) for hanging the panel.
Travel Case: The zippered travel case holds two Bolder 30 solar panels. It is padded to protect the panels and includes a removable shoulder strap. With two panels inside the dimensions are approximately:
- Width: 21-3/4"
- Height: 18-1/2"
- Depth: 3-3/4"
Boulder 30 Specifications:
- Rated Wattage: 30 watts
- Solar Cell Type: mono-crystalline
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-20 volts DC
- Efficiency: 17-18%
- Cell Area: approximately 1,935 cm² per panel (3,870 cm² total)
- Boulder 30 Panel: 6.5 lbs each
- Travel Case: 4 lbs
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 32°-104° F
- Output: 14-16 volts/2 amps max (30 watts max, not regulated); 8mm plug
- Input: 8mm port for chaining multiple panels together
- Approximate Charging Time: varies with
weather conditions (quoted using one panel)
- Sherpa 50: 4-8 hours
- Yeti 150: 11-22 hours
- Yeti 1250: 20-24 hours (using two panels)
- Typical Smart Phone/GPS: 2-4 hours
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
To generate and store power on the Yeti 400 for emergency back-ups. [ Wendy Jun 25, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The panels have Bracket Holes that can be used to hang, secure, mount or even chain multiple panels together. While there are not stands or tri-pods that are offered with the panels you can use just about anything to secure the panels to with zip ties or string. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Mar 27, 2015 ] Staff