Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Cinetics miniSkates™ Pro
Portable dolly system for smaller digital cameras
Cinetics: Put your cinematic ideas in motion-CR
From Cinetics: How to set up a SkatePlate-CR
From Cinetics: MiniSkates-CR
Item # 798MD1 | MFR # MD1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Cinetics miniSkates™ Proby Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The Cinetics miniSkates Pro portable dolly can turn your smartphone into a sophisticated piece of production gear (phone and mount not included).
The Cinetics miniSkates™ Pro portable dolly sets up in seconds to give your productions the unique point of view that only a moving shot can. The system consists of three items:
- the miniSkates wheels are small and lightweight, and they roll freely over smooth surfaces, making them an ideal companion to your lightweight digital camera or smartphone. Smooth arcs, "trucks" (horizontal movement right/left), and "dollies" (movement in and out from subject) are possible given a smooth flat surface like a table or floor.
- Cinetics' innovative SkatePlate™ connects to the wheels and provides a rigid frame for your tripod and/or ballhead.
- the Adjustable Arm allows connection with other Cinetics Connect™ products, and it can also be used as a basic ballhead for your camera. It also helps you mount microphones, monitors, or lights so your production runs even more smoothly.
Smooth moving shots are one of the primary building blocks of fine motion picture production. They put us into the scene on the screen, because they mirror how we experience the world. Our bodies act as a big shock-absorber for our eyes, plus our brain does internal image-stabilization along the way. So it's no wonder we like stable, even moving shots in our on-screen entertainment and no surprise that we can feel distracted by shaky handheld footage. A tripod often isn't enough for convincing movement, because it can only help for shots where your camera stays in one place. And moving the camera does more than make the experience seem real; it makes your camera a character, a participant, a narrator.
So consider what Cinetics gear can bring to the table for your next video project. Whether it's a simple home movie, a film school exercise, or a full-blown professional production, good camera mounting can make a world of difference in how your audience will experience what you've captured.
- dolly frame with lightweight wheels
- weight capacity: 11 lbs.
- 11"W x 3-1/8"H x 9-3/4"D (SkatePlate extended, with wheels)
- tripod head and camera not included with system
- SkatePlate retractable quick setup dolly frame
- miniSkates wheels for easy smooth rolling on flat surfaces
- adjustable arm for use as a basic ballhead, or for mounting other production gear
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SkatePlate with 3 attached miniSkates
- 3 Cinetics Connect Clamps (for attaching GorillaPod Focus tripod)
- Attachment Arm
- Instruction Guide
Overview: The Cinetics miniSkates Pro is a package that includes the SkatePlate with 3 attached miniSkates wheels. This assembly lets you provide a smooth-rolling dolly for shooting video or time-lapse photography. The SkatePlate provides the dolly frame, and has three retractable legs. The included attachment arm lets you attach the tripod head at an angle. The miniSkates are skateboard-style wheels are made of soft rubber, so they will roll over most surfaces without making sounds that could be picked up on the video you're shooting. The miniSkates Pro will hold up to 11 pounds.
Tripod Head Needed: SkatePlate does not include a tripod head for attaching your camera. A separate tripod head is needed in order to provide a standard 1/4" thread for mounting your camera, and to tilt or pan your camera for the desired shot composition.
GorillaPod Focus Integration: With the included Cinetics Connect Clamps, the miniSkates can be made to work with the GorillaPod Focus tripod by Joby. The miniSkates can be easily removed from the SkatePlate and attached to the Connect Clamps to make a rolling tripod dolly with the GorillaPod Focus. The rounded ends of the Focus' legs fit into the mounting cups on the Connect Clamps, and can be tightened down for a secure fit.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.