Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Item #: 804ZX690
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Concertone ZX690 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Don't think of the Concertone ZX690 as a mobile DVD player — think of it as a full-featured home theater receiver and DVD player that just happens to run on 12 volts. You won't lack for entertainment options in your home on wheels with this powerful and versatile entertainment system onboard.
All the power you'll need
The ZX690 goes above and beyond the call of duty in the power department, with 200 watts RMS total output. The receiver's 10 channels power three different zones, with 6 channels for your main room — enough for the complete home theater surround sound experience — plus four channels to cover two other stereo zones. And you can send video to all three zones as well, so everybody can enjoy the show.
Plenty of media options
The ZX690 plays your video DVDs, of course, but you can also play your regular CDs, plus CDs and DVDs burned with MP3 files. Two audio/video inputs and two audio inputs allow you to connect satellite TV, video game consoles, satellite radio, and other entertainment sources. You'll also love the front-panel mini-jack input that's so handy for plugging in an iPod®. The multi-function learning remote can control the Concertone receiver, your TV, and other components.
Extras you'll enjoy
Concertone's packed a few extra roadworthy features into the ZX690. The tuner includes a weather band tuner in addition to AM and FM, so you can keep up with the latest advisories. And the clock features a sleep timer that'll shut off the system automatically, saving battery power.
What's in the Box:
- ZX690 DVD/Receiver
- Wireless remote control
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Zone A speaker wiring harness
- Zone B/C speaker wiring harness
- Power/Subwoofer wiring harness
- Owner's manual
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM/weather band tuner
- 10 amplifier channels with 200 watts total RMS power output
- learning remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards
- 3-zone output — 5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C
- inputs: front-panel USB and SD card inputs, front-panel aux input input, two rear A/V inputs, rear auxiliary input
- outputs: 3 video outputs; 3-zone audio output (5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C); 2-channel preamp outputs
- dimensions: 6-5/8" W X 9-3/8" H X 4-1/2" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Concertone ZX690 is an A/V receiver for your RV; it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM/Weather Band tuner built in, three composite video outputs, multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier to power up to eleven speakers (5.2 channel surround sound in the main zone and two additional zones with two speakers each). The ZX690 is powered with 12 volts DC and mounts in a standard Chassis Group A opening, 6-3/4" wide x 9-1/2" tall.
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (200 watts RMS total output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The main zone (A) has 5.2 channel surround sound and zones B and C are two channel stereo. The two subwoofer outputs are amplified and designed to power Concertone's SW-BOX4 subwoofers (item number 804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 6.721"
- Height: 9.41"
- Depth: 5-1/4"
- Width: 8-1/4"
- Height: 10-3/4"
- Depth: 1-5/8"
Radio: The ZX690 has AM, FM, and Weather Band tuners built in with 27 FM presets and 18 AM presets. When you switch to the Weather Band the tuner will automatically search for a frequency strong enough to tune. You can also manually switch between the seven programmed Weather Band frequencies. The Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the AM or FM band and store strong stations until all the presets are full (if that many stations are available).
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD (Region 1), DVD-R, and DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo) files.
Inputs/Outputs: The ZX690 has two audio video inputs (both are rear panel composite video and stereo RCAs) and two analog audio inputs (one front panel 3.5mm mini-jack and a pair of rear panel stereo RCAs) to easily add outboard components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also a line level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs, one for each zone.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB port are compatible with MP3 (music), MP4 (video), and JPEG (photo) files. The USB port will charge an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred via USB.
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to controlling the ZX690, the included remote is programmable and can learn codes from other devices' remotes.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Auto Play: on, off
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive, S-video
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox, 16:9
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
- Downmix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, 5.1 Channel
- Subwoofer: on, off
- Center Delay: 0 to 5 feet (1 foot increments)
- Rear Delay: 0 to 15 feet (3 foot increments)
- Bass Mode: all large speakers, all small speakers, mixed speakers
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
iPod Dock: An iPod Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number 804ZW150B, sold separately) to charge select iPods and integrate them with the ZX690. The ZW150B is compatible with the 4th generation iPod, the iPod mini, the 5th generation iPod, the 1st generation iPod classic (80 GB and 160 GB, introduced in 2007), the 2nd generation iPod classic (120 GB), the 1st generation iPod nano, the 2nd generation iPod nano, the 3rd generation iPod nano, and the 4th generation iPod nano.
Satellite Radio Dock: An OnyX XM Radio Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number 804ZW125, sold separately) to integrate your OnyX tuner with the ZX690.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The ZX690 has a built-in clock and sleep timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA jacks
- Video Output: 3 male RCA
- A/V Input 2: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA jacks
- IR Input: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Line Output: Female stereo RCA jacks
- Audio Input 2: Female stereo RCA
- USB: Type-A port
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Maximum Current Consumption: 10 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 200 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω allowable)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-20 kHz
- S/N: 90 dBA
- Mounting Angle: 0 to +/-30°
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V 75Ω
- Usable AM Sensitivity (-20 dB): 25 dB
- Usable FM Sensitivity (-30 dB): 15 dB
- FM S/N: 60 dB
- FM Stereo Separation (1 kHz): 30 dB
- FM Frequency Response: 30 Hz-15 kHz
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.